UNREST IN MAYO

Started by Shrewdness, September 15, 2015, 09:06:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

highorlow

QuoteIt's true they did play in Roscommon, not at their inception but moved over to Ros and then back to Mayo again. Believe they were called Faugh-a-Ballagh back in those days. It's not true that they were winning all around them and got ran. That's just pub-talk. If anything they found the going too tough and went back to the comfort zone of the caveman stuff they play in East-Mayo.

We will take some of the Kilmore lads if ye want. We shouldn't let a good story get in the way of facts though.
They get momentum, they go mad, here they go

Lar Naparka

Quote from: Shrewdness on September 17, 2015, 07:26:46 AM
You'd have to admire the way that this thread has resorted back to the 'Ballagh issue,' and away from the real issue, which seems to be that many of the Mayo players no longer want to play for The current Mayo management.. These are obviously the same players, who 12 months ago, were 'rumoured' to not want Liam Mc Hale involved in any new management set up after James Horan stepped down... Can the Mayo posters give an opinion or prediction on how this unrest will be resolved?
You'd also have to admire the way you brought up the topic in the first place.  :(
So the real issue "seems to be" that many of the Mayo lads are unhappy with the present setup.
They are "obviously( sez who?) the same players who were "rumoured" etc.. etc....
And to cap it all, you want Mayo posters to give an opinion on how this unrest will be resolved!
Before you can resolve "anything,"  there must be "something" there to resolve.
And right now there are only rumours.
Personally, I'd think tarring and feathering would be too good for the gruesome twosome but since we have only rumours to go by, I won't say a thing.
As regards the "B" club, the conversation drifted off-topic because I asked a fairly straightforward question and got the usual response from the usual suspects. Your good self is the first one to give me any sort of intelligible response.
I was in Castlebar library on Monday doing a bit of research on the early GAA scene in Mayo when I came across the bit about Ballagh actually playing in Roscommon. Never knew anything about that.
Now I have asked you all before if any of you know the reason why the club refuses to play in Roscommon and none of ye seemed to know the answer but there just has to be one.
Maybe the members at the time took offence if they were told to shag off and the present lot are still feeling sore about their eviction. It's possible the author was referring to the Junior championships when he said they were winning everything in sight and were told to eff off- I really don't know.
But the book in question doesn't come cheap. It costs €60 and I'd expect the information therein to be well-researched and factually accurate before all other considerations.
Tell you what, as you're a gentleman, I'll be returning to the library sometime next week so I'll photocopy the item in question and then stick it up here.
Watch this space!
Nil Carborundum Illegitemi

Syferus

Just wait until McStay beats the Chosen Ones next year lads. Then things will get fun in Mayo.

macdanger2

Quote from: Syferus on September 17, 2015, 10:17:20 AM
Just wait until McStay beats the Chosen Ones next year lads. Then things will get fun in Mayo.

Is the class of 06 finally going to come good next year??  ;D

ballinaman

Quote from: macdanger2 on September 17, 2015, 10:31:39 AM

;D
Supposedly a few good young lads, haven't heard too much about them though.

Lar Naparka

Quote from: ballinaman on September 17, 2015, 10:43:21 AM
Quote from: macdanger2 on September 17, 2015, 10:31:39 AM

;D
Supposedly a few good young lads, haven't heard too much about them though.
Arra, don't you know they are slow developers in the land of sheep and shite. ;D
Nil Carborundum Illegitemi

Mayo4Sam

Quote from: Rossfan on September 17, 2015, 09:36:16 AM
Maybe it's time for those players to elect a management committee from themselves as they obviously have all the answers.
Hopefully the infighting will continue ;D

The Rossies wouldn't be worried that we'd be looking for other things back?
Like an army lieutenant? #justsaying

(I doubt he'd look sideways at the Mayo CB at this stage in fairness)
Excuse me for talking while you're trying to interrupt me

Rossfan

Sure we already returned a tanned Commandant to ye in 2008 ;)
And it may well happen that none of the class of 2006 may be on the 1st 15 next year.
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

Mayo4Sam

Well if it comes to pass lets hope this Mayo man is as successful for ye as the last one

Syferus

Quote from: Mayo4Sam on September 17, 2015, 02:26:01 PM
Well if it comes to pass lets hope this Mayo man is as successful for ye as the last one

In fairness for a Mayo man he's remarkably smart and articulate.

Mayo4Sam

He'll stand out from the crowd in Ross so

ck

Are there any Mayo lads on here willing to let us know what's going on?

Shrewdness

ck, they'd tell you if they knew anything, but they don't. Aidan O'Shea tweeting like a canary on Twitter these days. Unless the management resign, the Co Board will back them to the hilt.

Geoff Tipps

Quote from: Shrewdness on September 17, 2015, 03:58:56 PM
ck, they'd tell you if they knew anything, but they don't. Aidan O'Shea tweeting like a canary on Twitter these days. Unless the management resign, the Co Board will back them to the hilt.

Pity you don't have 3 Mayo cousins you could ask!!??  ;)

Farrandeelin

Quote from: Shrewdness on September 17, 2015, 03:58:56 PM

True Shrewdness, all we have is rumours and counter-rumours to go on.
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.