Dublin v Kerry AI final 20th September 2015

Started by orangeman, September 05, 2015, 06:36:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AZOffaly

By the way, I just thought of this. What a difference a year makes. Fair play to Alan Brogan...

From this...

To this...

You'd want a heart of stone .....

ashman

Quote from: INDIANA on September 21, 2015, 04:10:56 PM
Quote from: screenexile on September 21, 2015, 04:01:15 PM
On the Dublin 'bottle' thing. . . where is this plethora of articles from Kerrymen about Dublin having no bottle??

I've checked Bomber, Spillane and O'Se's articles from last week and none of them mention Dublin's bottle or lack thereof!!

Rewind 12 months after the Donegal game. I haven't forgotten and neither has any Dublin fan.

You are a very angry man who needs to imagine things to be angry about.

Life is too short kiddo . Live a little.

Bingo

Those photos reminded me of something from yesterday, walking up from lower Hogan yesterday after the presentation and place was emptying out. was one decent sized group still in the seats, sitting and standing and I soon copped it was mostly women. And mostly good looking women. And mostly all very well dressed up and a lot of blondes.

As I passed them I noticed a right few where in tears and it clicked then - it was the Kerry WAGS. I so wanted to stay and console them but I was wet and wanted to save myself from the embarrassment. 

deiseach

Quote from: ashman on September 21, 2015, 04:43:00 PM

It's getting Alan Partridge-esque at this stage. "Needless to say, I had the last laugh."

BennyCake

Quote from: AZOffaly on September 21, 2015, 04:31:06 PM
By the way, I just thought of this. What a difference a year makes. Fair play to Alan Brogan...

From this...

To this...

You'd want a heart of stone .....

Boo friggidy hoo!

Many players seasons end in disappointment. Brogan had quit last year but was coaxed back apparently. Would he have come back for another year if he was a player from Longford, Carlow or Leitrim, in Div 4 and guaranteed a right whipping come championship time? He most certainly wouldnt.

AZOffaly

Jaysus Benny harsh. It was more a study in the vagaries of sport and a commentary in the difference a year makes. But sure yeah, f**k him and his kid.  ::)

INDIANA

Quote from: deiseach on September 21, 2015, 04:48:10 PM

It's getting Alan Partridge-esque at this stage. "Needless to say, I had the last laugh."

He who holds the trophy always laughs last ;)

screenexile

Quote from: INDIANA on September 21, 2015, 05:02:20 PM
Quote from: deiseach on September 21, 2015, 04:48:10 PM

He who holds the trophy always laughs last ;)

Do you have it there with you... put a pic up of it sure!  ::) ::)

bennydorano

I've been assuming for a very long time now that Indiana is a Roscommon blow-in (or has just simply has become a Dub), there was a regular Roscommon poster on this board who was a bit of a Walter Mitty and i've noticed on the very rare ocassions he posts nowadays it tends to be to weigh in behind Indy in some of his numerous spats, there's also a 'Kerry' poster who mysteriously seems to weigh in behind Indy quite a lot.

BennyCake

Quote from: AZOffaly on September 21, 2015, 04:53:01 PM
Jaysus Benny harsh. It was more a study in the vagaries of sport and a commentary in the difference a year makes. But sure yeah, f**k him and his kid.  ::)

Yeah, f**k em all!  ;D It wasn't the kid I was getting at, but it was easy for AB to give it another year with a big Celtic Cross dangled in front of him.

By the way, why was the kid allowed on the pitch when the rest of us arent?

Geoff Tipps

Quote from: bennydorano on September 21, 2015, 05:04:57 PM
I've been assuming for a very long time now that Indiana is a Roscommon blow-in (or has just simply has become a Dub), there was a regular Roscommon poster on this board who was a bit of a Walter Mitty and i've noticed on the very rare ocassions he posts nowadays it tends to be to weigh in behind Indy in some of his numerous spats, there's also a 'Kerry' poster who mysteriously seems to weigh in behind Indy quite a lot.

Sadly there are more than 1  ;)

J70

Quote from: INDIANA on September 21, 2015, 04:10:56 PM
Quote from: screenexile on September 21, 2015, 04:01:15 PM
On the Dublin 'bottle' thing. . . where is this plethora of articles from Kerrymen about Dublin having no bottle??

I've checked Bomber, Spillane and O'Se's articles from last week and none of them mention Dublin's bottle or lack thereof!!

Rewind 12 months after the Donegal game. I haven't forgotten and neither has any Dublin fan.

Don't remember bottle being questioned. Composure... tactics... leadership... overconfidence going in... absolutely.

And they've addressed those issues well, so fair play to them.

GJL

Quote from: BennyCake on September 21, 2015, 05:06:08 PM

Yeah, f**k em all!  ;D It wasn't the kid I was getting at, but it was easy for AB to give it another year with a big Celtic Cross dangled in front of him.

You think it is not right for players to bring their kids onto the pitch?

Hill16 Blues

Quote from: BennyCake on September 21, 2015, 05:06:08 PM

You're one bitter hateful fcukwit. And one poisonous little b*stard to boot!

You and a few other hateful fcukrs here are the reason why so few Dubs or reasonable people from other counties post on this forum.

You're welcome to each other!