Ulster club senior football championship - 2015

Started by JoG2, August 27, 2015, 09:47:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

PAULD123

Kilcoo didn't have anyone on teh forward line that could do damage like Darren Hughes but I also don't think you can take much from the Kilcoo game. The conditions were bad and it was not possible for either team to play the way they would have wanted. For me the big thing was that Cross missed a load of chances which either means they are poor at hitting the target or just had an off day and really should have won easily. To be honest I definitely didn't feel it was the first one.

So I think Cross will win and like a few before me I would expect around a 5 points win at least.

Applesisapples

Interesting reading the comments here, you have BCB the cute hoor bigging up Scotstown and Paul the Down man as usual rubbishing them because they are from Armagh. I thought before the Kilcoo game that Cross would struggle. That was on the basis of KIlcoo having been there or thereabouts the last few years. It'll be interesting to see how the game goes.Clarke's return is good news for Cross and I think Oisin and John McEntee will be key in getting the marking right.

imtommygunn

Who will mark Darren Hughes? Will it be James Morgan? I'd guess so?

brokencrossbar1

Quote from: imtommygunn on November 26, 2015, 04:20:14 PM

They'll probably have to double mark him.  You might see a surprise in the way they line out

Walter Cronc

Quote from: brokencrossbar1 on November 26, 2015, 04:29:13 PM

They'll probably have to double mark him.  You might see a surprise in the way they line out

Agree with this. I'd expect Scotstown to adopt the same tactics Monaghan employed against Donegal by trying to isolate Hughes. Think you could well see Kieran Hughes in there at some stage as he's possibly even more dynamic (on his day) than Darren.

Scotstown game is built around their kick out strategy which is top drawer!! Turley in midfield is a real unsung hero for them!

brokencrossbar1

Quote from: Walter Cronc on November 26, 2015, 04:35:07 PM

Agree with this. I'd expect Scotstown to adopt the same tactics Monaghan employed against Donegal by trying to isolate Hughes. Think you could well see Kieran Hughes in there at some stage as he's possibly even more dynamic (on his day) than Darren.

Scotstown game is built around their kick out strategy which is top drawer!! Turley in midfield is a real unsung hero for them!

Unsung but not unknown ;)

Walter Cronc

Ulster Senior and Minor double on the way then BCB1 ;)

Jeez don't tell me you've won the U21s as well!!

brokencrossbar1

Quote from: Walter Cronc on November 26, 2015, 04:40:40 PM
Ulster Senior and Minor double on the way then BCB1 ;)

Jeez don't tell me you've won the U21s as well!!

We'll worry about the one for now!!!

Cullyhanna won the u21s but we never really had too much emphasis on it this year,  too busy with the bigger one!!!  There is actually about 10-11 of the senior squad u21,  the bulk being the minors, so they would have given it a fair rattle if they focused on it.

armaghniac

I suppose playing 16 men is out of the question?

It should be interesting match up. Cross have to lose an Ulster final sometime, they've already lost an AI final.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

Orior

Quote from: armaghniac on November 26, 2015, 05:58:12 PM

It should be interesting match up. Cross have to lose an Ulster final sometime, they've already lost an AI final.

But it wont be this year.
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

Feckitt

Are tickets needed for the stand in the Athletic Grounds tomorrow?

Main Street

seafoid

Quote from: Main Street on November 28, 2015, 08:07:39 PM
May the best team (Scotstown) win.
Wouldn't it be fabulous if they won the All-Ireland ?
First time for a Monaghan team to win a senior all Ireland and everything

armaghniac

I hope all the Cross team are in bed early and that they are in fine form tomorrow.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

Main Street

Quote from: Orior on November 26, 2015, 08:56:38 PM
Quote from: armaghniac on November 26, 2015, 05:58:12 PM

But it wont be this year.
That's what Klitschko thought.