Ulster club senior football championship - 2015

Started by JoG2, August 27, 2015, 09:47:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kernan_is_King

Quote from: brokencrossbar1 on November 20, 2015, 09:35:42 AM
On top of all that you have one of the best footballers in the country in Darren Hughes playing out of his skin and scoring goals for fun.  He will be virtually unmarkable and the key will be stopping the supply of ball to him.

Big Joe should buy him a few pints of XXXX tonight after the Intl Rules and tomorrow night too.
Big Joe - Big Future!

illdecide

Really looking forward to this final, both teams are evenly matched and it could well end in a draw. A refereeing decision or just that extra bit of luck needed could well decide this, If you fancy Scotstown they're prob well worth a punt just for their odds in the bookies alone (PaddyPower had them at 11/4). A £10 on the draw will do me though
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

brokencrossbar1

Quote from: illdecide on November 26, 2015, 09:09:46 AM
Really looking forward to this final, both teams are evenly matched and it could well end in a draw. A refereeing decision or just that extra bit of luck needed could well decide this, If you fancy Scotstown they're prob well worth a punt just for their odds in the bookies alone (PaddyPower had them at 11/4). A £10 on the draw will do me though

A draw would be a fairly strong possibility.  Two very evenly matched teams.  First time desire v experience?  The drive to win the first one may just sway it to Scotstown

JoG2

Quote from: brokencrossbar1 on November 26, 2015, 10:13:00 AM
Quote from: illdecide on November 26, 2015, 09:09:46 AM

A draw would be a fairly strong possibility.  Two very evenly matched teams.  First time desire v experience?  The drive to win the first one may just sway it to Scotstown

You could be right there BC1. I think it could be a cracker. Both teams littered with quality players and both play a good brand of football.
How heavy is the Athletic Grounds pitch at the minute does anyone know?

illdecide

Its fairly good, not a bog. They didn't play on it last week to save it for Sunday, think it's sandy enough so there'll be not water lying on it
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

general_lee

When is the last time Cross lost an Ulster final?

Walter Cronc

Quote from: general_lee on November 26, 2015, 11:18:05 AM

Don't think they've ever lost one.....at any grade!

general_lee

Quote from: Walter Cronc on November 26, 2015, 11:19:36 AM
Quote from: general_lee on November 26, 2015, 11:18:05 AM
Exactly. Think they might have drew one before. Can't see them bate this weekend

Don't think they've ever lost one.....at any grade!

redzone

If scotstown win on Sunday they will be second in the roll of honor behind cross. They def aren't going for there first

brokencrossbar1

Scotstown have won 4 out of 5 finals including 3 in a row I think. Till we came to the forefront they and Burren were the aristocrats of Ulster club with Clan Na Gael hanging on to their coat tails!  To memory we drew our first one against Bellaghy but won all the rest of them. Don't recall any other draws.

DERRYSFINEST

Drew with Ballinderry one year at Enniskillen

brokencrossbar1

Quote from: DERRYSFINEST on November 26, 2015, 12:20:56 PM
Drew with Ballinderry one year at Enniskillen

Forgot about that one. Right tough one that

Mikhailov

Although it appears a tight game on paper if you judge by the respective team sheets I have a feeling Cross will win this one with a bit to spare - say 5+ points and in Ulster final terms that is fairly easy.

Maybe I will be proved wrong and admittedly wouldn't mind Scotstown winning it but just cant see it.

Loughinisland and Rockcorry to win the other 2 finals.

general_lee

Quote from: redzone on November 26, 2015, 12:13:33 PM
If scotstown win on Sunday they will be second in the roll of honor behind cross. They def aren't going for there first
I see the old second best to Cross award no longer applies to just Armagh.

According to Wikipedia

1. Cross (10)
2. Burren (5)
3. Bellaghy/Scotstown (4)
5. Clan na Gael/St Galls/Ballinderry (3)

Armamike

Quote from: general_lee on November 26, 2015, 02:02:38 PM
Quote from: redzone on November 26, 2015, 12:13:33 PM
I see the old second best to Cross award no longer applies to just Armagh.

According to Wikipedia

1. Cross (10)
2. Burren (5)
3. Bellaghy/Scotstown (4)
5. Clan na Gael/St Galls/Ballinderry (3)

Fancy Crossmaglen to win this with a bit to spare. Just a machine basically with an ingrained style of play that any team in Ulster would struggle to match.
That's just, like your opinion man.