Kerry V Tyrone Fodder AISF 23rd August 2015

Started by never kickt a ball, August 02, 2015, 04:58:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

blanketattack

Quote from: Jinxy on August 25, 2015, 09:32:40 AM
Why is it after nearly every game involving a Tyrone county or club team we end up analysing photographs with a magnifying glass?
It's like the cuban missile crisis.

;D

Zapruder type footage from JFK would be more useful.

Watch it again, McNulty going back to his left, tackle from the front and right, totally inconsistent with the shot from the hairgel depository, Again - back and to the left, ..........back and to the left.

Il Bomber Destro

Quote from: blanketattack on August 25, 2015, 10:59:30 AM
Why is it after nearly every game involving a Tyrone county or club team we end up analysing photographs with a magnifying glass?

;D

Watch it again, McNulty going back to his left, tackle from the front and right, totally inconsistent with the shot from the hairgel depository, Again - back and to the left, ..........back and to the left.

Must have failed physics in school, did you?

McNulty is moving away from Kealy, O'Mahony has his foot in front of his shin in the direction he's moving and his arm pulling back McNulty's left hand. It's a clear foul, this was after O'Mahony tried to take a piggy back on him just outside the box.

easytiger95

Good Jaysis lads, take your beating. I was around the board for the aftermath of 03 and this is even more infantile than that.

Keane

Quote from: tonto1888 on August 25, 2015, 10:59:09 AM
Quote from: Il Bomber Destro on August 25, 2015, 10:07:11 AM
Quote from: JoG2 on August 25, 2015, 10:04:01 AM
Quote from: omaghjoe on August 25, 2015, 03:47:09 AM
Quote from: Darby on August 25, 2015, 01:23:20 AM
With the exception of the parodical Il Bomber Destro, the Tyrone support on here have taken their beating very well. Credit it to them. Tyrone played very well. Not well enough, but they did their county, and themselves, proud.

The fact that you would use Parodical to describe another poster is worrying, as it would suggest that your not, and the bile you spouted prior to this is your reasoned and honest opinion.

For what its worth, I'm personally taking the defeat horribly as I believe we were capable of, and should have won, but ultimately we only have ourselves to blame.

And BTW your patronising posts are worse than the childish crap coming from the usual suspects about the next Tyrone outrage they found. I would rather have won by diving and kicking Kerry around the pitch (much like what they did) than to have us trot back up the road from an AI semi final listening to thon "Yis did yer county proud" BS

Rant over

balls

Not balls.

We had the chances alone to win that game, not taking into account the decisions that went against us, particularly the penalty with 5 mins to go that would put us 2 points up.

You're all about the ifs. If this and if that had have happened we would have won. However, you just assume you would have scored the penalty had it been awarded. If the penalty as awarded and if you scored then you would have been 2 up. There is no guarantee you would have scored a goal from the penalty

Since we're also assuming no change whatsoever from Kerry in response to conceding another goal (we saw how that worked out the first time) I think it's fair to say we would have scored the same three points again and won by a point anyway at the level of analysis der bomber is operating on.

blanketattack

Quote from: Il Bomber Destro on August 25, 2015, 11:03:15 AM
Quote from: blanketattack on August 25, 2015, 10:59:30 AM

;D

Must have failed physics in school, did you?

McNulty is moving away from Kealy, O'Mahony has his foot in front of his shin in the direction he's moving and his arm pulling back McNulty's left hand. It's a clear foul, this was after O'Mahony tried to take a piggy back on him just outside the box.

Clearly O'Mahony's hand makes contact with McNulty's back, heads downwards at an angle of 17 degrees. It then moves upward in order to move away from McNulty's body from the front of his neck. His hand then waits 1.6 seconds, turns right and continues into McNulty's body at the rear an his armpit, contact no. 3, then the hand heads downward at an angle of 27 degrees, hits McNulty's rib and leaves from the right side of his chest, contact 4 and 5. It then hits McNulty's wrist, contact no. 6, then hits his left thigh. That's some magic hand.

brokencrossbar1

Bomber you have to be commended son,  you're fighting a good fight!!!  You're not even 3 weeks on the board and you're turning into legend material!

As the old saying goes if ifs and ands were pots and pans, there'd be no work for tinkers' hands though so you can surmise what may or may not have happened all you like.  In every game every team has chances they don't take, decisions that go against them, mistakes by their players, the weather, injuries whatever and it's how they react to the different organic variables that determine if they win or don't.  If you take Kerry they could easily say that Gooch and Donagy were quiet and that O'Donoughue was not as dynamic as he can be and was still feeling his shoulder injury.  If these men had played to the peak of their ability then they would have won with some more to spare.  They have more quality than Tyrone simple as that.  If a more skillful team can match a hard working team for work-rate and endeavor and take the opportunities that they are offered then 9 times out of 10 the better team wins and this happened Sunday and there's no way of getting round that.

Keane

You could give Tyrone the four goals they missed (we won't even take McAliskey's point off him) and add in Kerry's 12 missed scoring opportunities and we still won by four points.

Bensars

The games over. FFS move on.  Its getting embarrassing.

Be content to know that Tyrone put up a good show. theres enough talent there to be positive about the future. They are  probably a few years ahead in terms of rebuilding than most people anticipated.

All the moaning in the world, wont change the result.

Lock the thread !   Good luck Kerry !

Fear ón Srath Bán

Carlsberg don't do Gombeenocracies, but by jaysus if they did...

Canalman

Had no dog in the fight . Reckon neither of the 2 incidents were penalties.

The Tyrone forwards of the 00s would have scored at least 2 goals (probably 3) last Sunday and possibly 3 or 4 more points. That imo anyway is the difference between last Sunday and the 3 Kerry games that decade.

redhandefender

Listen most in Tyrone say we were beat fair and square, a lot of the other chatting coming from other counties and the odd one who can't let it go.

Kerry beat us and I personally don't think looked like losing in the 2nd half. We need 2 scoring fwds and a free taker. Its been obvious from the outset that the ones we have would crack under pressure.

We will be back, big cav will stay on and I think we will be a real danger next year. Will be hard though playing from div 2.

Goodluck to Kerry, not fussed who wins from this point

Hardy

Quote from: Disillusioned on August 25, 2015, 10:32:55 AM
One of the most interesting aspects of the game from a neutral perspective was the ability of the Tyrone management to turn off the sledging/bad mouthing, diving and other forms of cheating for this game.  Virtually, no Tyrone player fell to the ground clutching his face or rolled/writhed in apparent agony at the slightest contact.

This shows that the management has control of such behaviour. 

Good to see the referee taking the time to send the Tyrone assistant manager off the field on one of his many excursions, not many referees monitor this level of interference.

I'm surprised there has been so little comment about this. It was remarkable. Even Sean Cavanagh seemed to be able to keep his arms from flapping up and down.

I have no way of knowing whether the management controls it or not. But I hope they take the right lesson from this and don't conclude, "We lost - that's what playing straight gets you".

Jinxy

Sean didn't know what to do with himself on Sunday.
He's not used to sustaining verticality for any great length of time
If you were any use you'd be playing.

screenexile

Quote from: Hardy on August 25, 2015, 11:31:22 AM
One of the most interesting aspects of the game from a neutral perspective was the ability of the Tyrone management to turn off the sledging/bad mouthing, diving and other forms of cheating for this game.  Virtually, no Tyrone player fell to the ground clutching his face or rolled/writhed in apparent agony at the slightest contact.

Good to see the referee taking the time to send the Tyrone assistant manager off the field on one of his many excursions, not many referees monitor this level of interference.

I'm surprised there has been so little comment about this. It was remarkable. Even Sean Cavanagh seemed to be able to keep his arms from flapping up and down.

I have no way of knowing whether the management controls it or not. But I hope they take the right lesson from this and don't conclude, "We lost - that's what playing straight gets you".

I think it was clear evidence that if you make a big song and dance about a teams dickhead behaviour they will stop it!!

Keep 'er lit Sunday Game/Joe Brolly/Southern Meeja. . . we'll have the game cleaned up in no time!

brokencrossbar1

Quote from: Hardy on August 25, 2015, 11:31:22 AM

Sean Cavanagh's 'arm controller' is now looking for a new job!!!