Kerry V Tyrone Fodder AISF 23rd August 2015

Started by never kickt a ball, August 02, 2015, 04:58:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tyssam5

Quote from: barelegs on August 24, 2015, 07:27:36 PM

From the other angle. Note O'Mahony's hand here and McNulty still hasn't tugged his shirt

Kerry lads have to admit that the likes of Cooper would have felt that arm pull and went down as well. The outcome would have been different, of course he would have got a penalty. If they needed a penalty to get them ahead with 5 minutes to go and instead the Gooch was booked you would never hear the end of it.

No complaints on outcome of the game, just an interesting application of the rules - is this the first ever player to be booked for supposedly diving in the box? Certainly the first I remember in a big game?

Darby

With the exception of the parodical Il Bomber Destro, the Tyrone support on here have taken their beating very well. Credit it to them. Tyrone played very well. Not well enough, but they did their county, and themselves, proud.

In hiding

Quote from: Darby on August 25, 2015, 01:23:20 AM
With the exception of the parodical Il Bomber Destro, the Tyrone support on here have taken their beating very well. Credit it to them. Tyrone played very well. Not well enough, but they did their county, and themselves, proud.
Always the same, take your beating and your a great fella.,
Fed up with that sihi*e

omaghjoe

The fact that you would use Parodical to describe another poster is worrying, as it would suggest that your not, and the bile you spouted prior to this is your reasoned and honest opinion.

For what its worth, I'm personally taking the defeat horribly as I believe we were capable of, and should have won, but ultimately we only have ourselves to blame.

And BTW your patronising posts are worse than the childish crap coming from the usual suspects about the next Tyrone outrage they found. I would rather have won by diving and kicking Kerry around the pitch (much like what they did) than to have us trot back up the road from an AI semi final listening to thon "Yis did yer county proud" BS

Rant over

omaghjoe

Jaysus watched the last 20 or so again. Did somebody say Clark has went backwards? Holy F he was bad, did ye see that leap at the Geaney point near the end? He looked like an elephant on a bouncey castle.

Weirdly the rise of tempo after the goal and Bradley point meant our defence lost our composure a wee bit, rush of blood to the head by too many, needed more cool heads at that point. Big Joe would have been ideal. 4 men looking to disposes Cooper and Maher sneaked past them for the score. That Horse Devlin eejet leapin and roaring about would not have helped either.

The misses from the frees were criminal, as was Sean carrying the ball into a tackle when he should have shot. The McCurry free after the goal had to go over, if that had went over at that point we'd be in and AI final!

Fair play to Kerry tho, kept the cool heads and still had the relentless desire at that point.

The experience will stand to the young lads but feck its hard to swallow when it was within our grasp.

Il Bomber Destro

Quote from: omaghjoe on August 25, 2015, 04:25:46 AM
Jaysus watched the last 20 or so again. Did somebody say Clark has went backwards? Holy F he was bad, did ye see that leap at the Geaney point near the end? He looked like an elephant on a bouncey castle.

Weirdly the rise of tempo after the goal and Bradley point meant our defence lost our composure a wee bit, rush of blood to the head by too many, needed more cool heads at that point. Big Joe would have been ideal. 4 men looking to disposes Cooper and Maher sneaked past them for the score. That Horse Devlin eejet leapin and roaring about would not have helped either.

The misses from the frees were criminal, as was Sean carrying the ball into a tackle when he should have shot. The McCurry free after the goal had to go over, if that had went over at that point we'd be in and AI final!

Fair play to Kerry tho, kept the cool heads and still had the relentless desire at that point.

The experience will stand to the young lads but feck its hard to swallow when it was within our grasp.

The McNamee black card should not be understated at all, Geaney did make a difference when he came on but overall Justy was doing a decent job on him. When McNamee went off Justy took on Cooper and Clarke was tasked with Geaney and Geaney destroyed him, Clarke was way off him and Geaney won every single ball with comfort. As I said earlier, he looks to have had packed on far too much muscle up top. Looked a shadow of the player he was two years ago, hopefully it's just some rustiness from his injury.

rrhf

Whilst we can point out why Tyrone became weakened, lets not forget Kerry who proved they were great all Ireland champions by seeing out this game in composed style.  We lost our composure at the end and lacked that know how.  Kerry had it in spades against a very tough challenge.   

Jinxy

Why is it after nearly every game involving a Tyrone county or club team we end up analysing photographs with a magnifying glass?
It's like the cuban missile crisis.

If you were any use you'd be playing.

JoG2

Quote from: omaghjoe on August 25, 2015, 03:47:09 AM

The fact that you would use Parodical to describe another poster is worrying, as it would suggest that your not, and the bile you spouted prior to this is your reasoned and honest opinion.

For what its worth, I'm personally taking the defeat horribly as I believe we were capable of, and should have won, but ultimately we only have ourselves to blame.

And BTW your patronising posts are worse than the childish crap coming from the usual suspects about the next Tyrone outrage they found. I would rather have won by diving and kicking Kerry around the pitch (much like what they did) than to have us trot back up the road from an AI semi final listening to thon "Yis did yer county proud" BS

Rant over

balls

AZOffaly

Could have won would be accurate.

Say what you like about the Tyronies, but they make it interesting on here. Interesting, frustrating, annoying but mostly interesting.

If we didn't have the likes of Mayo, Roscommon and Tyrone, things would be quiet here.

Il Bomber Destro

Quote from: JoG2 on August 25, 2015, 10:04:01 AM

Rant over

balls

Not balls.

We had the chances alone to win that game, not taking into account the decisions that went against us, particularly the penalty with 5 mins to go that would put us 2 points up.

rosnarun

Quote from: Il Bomber Destro on August 25, 2015, 10:07:11 AM

Rant over

balls

Not balls.

We had the chances alone to win that game, not taking into account the decisions that went against us, particularly the penalty with 5 mins to go that would put us 2 points up.

why do people think that pointing out poor play somehow excuses it,
if frees are missed thats poor play
if some one doesn't shoot thats poor play
if you give away soft scorable frees thats poor play ETC. EtC.

you cant just wish them away and say we should have won in most game both teams have enough chances to win.
The team that takes them wins and are 'The better Team'
If you make yourself understood, you're always speaking well. Moliere

Disillusioned

One of the most interesting aspects of the game from a neutral perspective was the ability of the Tyrone management to turn off the sledging/bad mouthing, diving and other forms of cheating for this game.  Virtually, no Tyrone player fell to the ground clutching his face or rolled/writhed in apparent agony at the slightest contact.

This shows that the management has control of such behaviour. 

Good to see the referee taking the time to send the Tyrone assistant manager off the field on one of his many excursions, not many referees monitor this level of interference.
The global warming scenario is pretty grim. I'm not sure I like the idea of polar bears under a palm

Applesisapples

Quote from: Disillusioned on August 25, 2015, 10:32:55 AM
One of the most interesting aspects of the game from a neutral perspective was the ability of the Tyrone management to turn off the sledging/bad mouthing, diving and other forms of cheating for this game.  Virtually, no Tyrone player fell to the ground clutching his face or rolled/writhed in apparent agony at the slightest contact.

This shows that the management has control of such behaviour. 

Good to see the referee taking the time to send the Tyrone assistant manager off the field on one of his many excursions, not many referees monitor this level of interference.
I don't accept your premise that the management team are turning it off or on. What I would say is given the furore over the Monaghan game Harte probably warned them to keep it all in check. Sledging seems to be part and parcel of modern day hurling and football. I don't for a minute accept that Tyrone are the only team at it, or the free buying for that matter. I was gratified in the minor match and I think also in the senior game to see the refs pick up on a couple of players arm grabbing, unfortunately 99% of this behaviour is rewarded.

tonto1888

Quote from: Il Bomber Destro on August 25, 2015, 10:07:11 AM

Rant over

balls

Not balls.

You're all about the ifs. If this and if that had have happened we would have won. However, you just assume you would have scored the penalty had it been awarded. If the penalty as awarded and if you scored then you would have been 2 up. There is no guarantee you would have scored a goal from the penalty