Kerry V Tyrone Fodder AISF 23rd August 2015

Started by never kickt a ball, August 02, 2015, 04:58:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Íseal agus crua isteach a

"For Tyrone teams Kerry was always a mountain that couldn't be scaled" -Mickey Harte.

1997 U18 semifinal Tyrone 0-23 Kerry 0-21 (after replay and extra time).
2003 All-Ireland senior semi final Tyrone 0-13 Kerry 0-6
2005 All-Ireland senior final Tyrone 1-16 Kerry 2-10
2008 All-Ireland senior final Tyrone 1-15 Kerry 0-14
2012 Knock out game senior championship Kerry 1-16 Tyrone 1-6

Mickey has an impressive championship record with Kerry. Every time Tyrone are down to play Kerry in the championship the challenges always appear to get higher. Tyrone are a great Croke Park team and so are Kerry. I believe this could be a classic. 

redhandroar

While delighted that common sense has prevailed, as a fervent GAA supporter I have to question who made the original decision to propose an eight week ban.While  I, like all reasonable Tyrone (and real neutral) supporters, realised that what young Tiernan had done was unsporting and not what we want to see coming into the game, an eight week ban was, even to the most fervent anti-Tyrone enthusiasts, always way off the mark. Even Colm O'Rourke in his recent newspaper column admitted it was 'probably excessive' - and this from the guy who originally proposed it! Are the original GAA decision makers focused on or in Leinster? Or why are they so strongly influenced in their initial decision making by a couple of past Leinster players when most neutral supporters' views - as reflected in this chain - were that the original ban proposal was way off the mark? As a long term GAA member I cringe everytime these decisions are made and subsequently rescinded. Can we get some (at least) semi-professionals into the committees that make these original decisions so that we don't become a laughing stock?

sligoman2

Redhandroar
Time to stop blaming the committees and start blaming the players.  Bringing diving/pretending to be struck into gaa games is about as low as it gets.  His own team should kick him in the hole for doing this unless this is part of Tyrones tactics and if it is part of your plan, please stop playing football and start a soccer team because nobody else wants this Shyte in Gaelic football. 
Look inside before you blame people outside.  It's a sad day for football to see this nonsense creeping in.
I hope and expect that Tyrone are better than that and that it will NEVER happen again.
I used to be indecisive but now I'm not too sure.

Syferus

You'll get a resounding no to that one on Sunday Sligoman.

redhandroar

Sligoman2, can you clarify what you mean by MY plan? Of course as I already CLEARLY pointed out, what Tiernan did was wrong. I think my position was clear - take a deep breath and read my previous post ... the point I was making was as a long term GAA member, I'm sick of knee jerk decisions being made (that are not based on the rules of the game but on inital media hysteria) only to be be rescinded later - just look at the outcome of today's appeals. How many of the original decisions were overturned? Unlike you I'm not focused on just one decision but on the bigger picture. Do you not think that every wrong decision undermines the GAA generally? Are you a real GAA fan or are Sligo Rovers more your scene? Or are you so blinded by hatred of others that you can't tell black from white any more?

cadhlancian

omaghjoe

Quote from: Syferus on August 20, 2015, 03:39:27 AM
You'll get a resounding no to that one on Sunday Sligoman.

Remind me, was the reason Galway hammered yis in 2001 because yis dropped Frankie Dolan for the quarter final?

sligoman2

Quote from: redhandroar on August 20, 2015, 03:43:42 AM
Sligoman2, can you clarify what you mean by MY plan? Of course as I already CLEARLY pointed out, what Tiernan did was wrong. I think my position was clear - take a deep breath and read my previous post ... the point I was making was as a long term GAA member, I'm sick of knee jerk decisions being made (that are not based on the rules of the game but on inital media hysteria) only to be be rescinded later - just look at the outcome of today's appeals. How many of the original decisions were overturned? Unlike you I'm not focused on just one decision but on the bigger picture. Do you not think that every wrong decision undermines the GAA generally? Are you a real GAA fan or are Sligo Rovers more your scene? Or are you so blinded by hatred of others that you can't tell black from white any more?
By your plan I mean Tyrones plan.  Not sure what SLIGO ROVERS have to do with this, I'm not a big soccer fan partly because of the diving and faking injuries like we saw in this case.  I don't have any hatred for Tyrone either but I am very disappointed to see this creeping into our games,  like I said, look inside before you start pointing the finger outside.
I used to be indecisive but now I'm not too sure.

highorlow

QuoteDoes anyone know who sits on the panel of the CCCC. They must not be the sharpest tools in the box.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zKqkRm0K7oc

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BC7Xv7kHiZ4

They get momentum, they go mad, here they go

pearseog

Really hope Tyrone win on Sunday for God and for Ulster

SuperHo

Not just tierny but meyler and keane all won their appeals.  How can that be right?  Tierny was the worst example. Why propose 8 weeks that was never going to stick? What about refs report? Why was hughes sent off? Etc etc

omagh_gael

Quote from: highorlow on August 20, 2015, 09:19:19 AM
QuoteDoes anyone know who sits on the panel of the CCCC. They must not be the sharpest tools in the box.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zKqkRm0K7oc

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BC7Xv7kHiZ4

Very good.

SuperHo, reports during the week confirmed that Duffy sent off Hughes for striking.

Fear ón Srath Bán

Quote from: sid waddell on August 20, 2015, 02:08:19 AM
Breaking: Tiernan McCann found innocent after chocolate biscuit mutiny ends GAA disciplinary hearing

Tyrone's Tiernan McCann has finally had his eight week ban for bringing the GAA into disrepute overturned after a dramatic night of events at Croke Park.

The Central Hearings Committee (CHC) finally reached a decision at around 1am, after running out of chocolate digestive biscuits.

Twitter had gone into overdrive nearly three hours previously after rumours of McCann's ban being overturned leaked out, but these reports proved premature, due to what was at that point still a well stocked cupboard.

Mayo's Kevin Keane had much earlier had his red card against Donegal downgraded to a yellow in a decision that took less than 30 seconds, but McCann's hearing was to prove much more lengthy.

"There was no way we were letting that diving Nordie gobshite out of here without making him wait for a long time", said Fintan Crummy, Chairman of the CHC. "The decision was obviously a formality, but there was loads of lovely finger food available and the committee members decided it'd be a sin to let it go to waste. When we polished that off we tucked into the biscuits. They were lovely. Chocolate digestives, not the miserable Irish-made ones now, the proper McVities ones. Great with a pot of tea."

Eyewitnesses said the committee members sat dunking biscuits in tea and laughing at McCann for over three hours while the hearing took place.

At one point McCann asked if he could have a biscuit only to be met with a frosty response from committee Chairman Crummy, followed by loud laughter from the rest of the committee.

"The cheeky bollix actually asked us for a biscuit", said another committee member, on condition of anonymity. "I said to him, "you're bloody lucky you'll be walking out of here a free man tomorrow, and it will be tomorrow, mark my words."

"We could have gone on until tomorrow morning if we had to", continued the committee member. "The lads were all enjoying the biccies immensely. But we ran out of them at about 1am. We did think of sending somebody out to get more, and a couple of packets of fags while we were at it, but the nearest 24 hour shop is way up on Dorset Street, and that's a bit of a trek at this time of night, so we just said, "f**k that, we'll call it a night. Innocent." Twas probably the wise decision, the lads were f**king stuffed, actually."

But Crummy was still upbeat as he left the hearing. "At least the greasy haired bollix will have to drive all the way back to Tyrone in the middle of the night. He won't sleep tonight, that's for sure."

;D ;D Good man sid :)
Carlsberg don't do Gombeenocracies, but by jaysus if they did...

SuperHo

Cheers omagh_gael but for striking who? If ye see what i mean.

blewuporstuffed

A shaven headed Tiernan mccann to kick the winner now on Sunday.
8)
I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow doesn't look good either