Kerry V Tyrone Fodder AISF 23rd August 2015

Started by never kickt a ball, August 02, 2015, 04:58:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ONeill

Quote from: Teo Lurley on August 19, 2015, 09:35:43 PM
Tyrone will win this by 4 points, I had a vision about it.

Had a dream last night that Kerry won 1-12 to 0-6. Tommy Walshe scored a goal after 10 seconds. He said to McNamee that he could easily have walked the ball into the net and McNamee laughed. The Kerry players though had to score into an end that was under 4 feet of water and Star was thwarted when his under-water fisted effort was held up in the conditions. But he was sneering. Tyrone got to grips eventually but the pitch was a u-shape and you couldn't see the other goalposts as there was a continuous wall around the field. Had to ask someone what the score was as the scoreboard was hidden from view.

Will ask the psychiatrist what it all means.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

Teo Lurley

Quote from: ONeill on August 19, 2015, 09:46:53 PM
Quote from: Teo Lurley on August 19, 2015, 09:35:43 PM
Tyrone will win this by 4 points, I had a vision about it.

Had a dream last night that Kerry won 1-12 to 0-6. Tommy Walshe scored a goal after 10 seconds. He said to McNamee that he could easily have walked the ball into the net and McNamee laughed. The Kerry players though had to score into an end that was under 4 feet of water and Star was thwarted when his under-water fisted effort was held up in the conditions. But he was sneering. Tyrone got to grips eventually but the pitch was a u-shape and you couldn't see the other goalposts as there was a continuous wall around the field. Had to ask someone what the score was as the scoreboard was hidden from view.

Will ask the psychiatrist what it all means.

I'm a psycho so I can help.

I'm not going to though.

BennyHarp

So McCann is free to play. Good news but hardly surprising! GAA have made complete fools of themselves on this issue.
That was never a square ball!!

AZOffaly

Right decision. The initial suspension was completely crazy. Something has to be done about the way the GAA is reacting to media horseshite.

Fear ón Srath Bán

You'd really have to wonder why they set themselves up to look like such pure eejits (maybe stay out of the pub the next time #CCCC ;) ).

And he'll be grand, no point in putting off Sunday, once he's in the thick of it it'll be history! :)
Carlsberg don't do Gombeenocracies, but by jaysus if they did...

Rodman

Quote from: Fear ón Srath Bán on August 19, 2015, 10:48:28 PM
You'd really have to wonder why they set themselves up to look like such pure eejits (maybe stay out of the pub the next time #CCCC ;) ).

And he'll be grand, no point in putting off Sunday, once he's in the thick of it it'll be history! :)

Does anyone know who sits on the panel of the CCCC. They must not be the sharpest tools in the box.

yellowcard

Surprise surprise it was over turned. GAA made themselves look like fools by suspending him in the first place for such a thing that clearly contravened their own rules. McCanns head will not be right to play but Harte has a history of playing players in similar circumstances so I still expect him to start. Although McCanns act was blatant cheating, he has suffered enough and when the dust settles it's the correct decision to free him to play.

BennyHarp

Conor Meyler black card rescinded too. Turns out we did nothing wrong in that game!!  ;D

Zulu

No decision on McCann yet according to twitter.

AZOffaly

As I said on day 1. McCann's dive was ridiculous and stupid, but to trump up a charge of disrepute, on the back of a media backlash, was unfair and inconsistent when viewed against similar incidents.

By all means legislate a proper, retrospective process for dealing with incidents like this, but don't try and parachute a process in, in the middle of the season.

A real lose, lose scenario. McCann was wrong, but the GAA managed to turn him into a martyr and then had to back down.

BennyHarp

Quote from: Zulu on August 19, 2015, 10:59:31 PM
No decision on McCann yet according to twitter.

RTE must have jumped the gun on their Twitter then.

omagh_gael

Declan Bougue saying a cast iron source said the hearing still in progress. That was 9 minutes ago

Aaron Boone

Quote from: AZOffaly on August 19, 2015, 11:00:36 PM
As I said on day 1. McCann's dive was ridiculous and stupid, but to trump up a charge of disrepute, on the back of a media backlash, was unfair and inconsistent when viewed against similar incidents.

By all means legislate a proper, retrospective process for dealing with incidents like this, but don't try and parachute a process in, in the middle of the season.

A real lose, lose scenario. McCann was wrong, but the GAA managed to turn him into a martyr and then had to back down.
+1

Whishtup

Don't see proof of it being overturned yet...

Fear ón Srath Bán

And RTÉ appear to have deleted their tweet!
Carlsberg don't do Gombeenocracies, but by jaysus if they did...