Kerry V Tyrone Fodder AISF 23rd August 2015

Started by never kickt a ball, August 02, 2015, 04:58:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

yellowcard

In normal circumstances McCann might be a slight miss but this isn't normal circumstances. He will be under huge pressure from opponents in his ear and from the crowd and I can't see him having any sort of impact. If I was Eamon Fitzmaurice I'd be wanting to see him start.   

Fear ón Srath Bán

Quote from: AZOffaly on August 19, 2015, 03:05:45 PM
From a Tyrone perspective it may actually serve the greater good if he is suspended, maybe reduced to 4 weeks (although I believe that cannot happen because 8 weeks is the minimum for the charge). Tyrone with a sense of injustice will be very dangerous. Tyrone 'vindicated' may be a little less on edge.

No, it can't be reduced, and that's why this can't stick (even if the CCCC stick to their inebriated ;) guns) and why it will go all the way to the DRA if necessary, since the penalty for his offence is already comprehensively covered in rule 5.8 (yellow card).
Carlsberg don't do Gombeenocracies, but by jaysus if they did...

AZOffaly

But he was charged with disrepute, not with diving. At least as far as I understand it. (complete bollox as I've said, but I think that's the suspension).

Fear ón Srath Bán

Quote from: AZOffaly on August 19, 2015, 03:23:10 PM
But he was charged with disrepute, not with diving. At least as far as I understand it. (complete bollox as I've said, but I think that's the suspension).

Yes, but that's a groundless charge, since rule 5.8 covers what he did on the pitch (he has no responsibility for anything that blew up after his on-pitch infraction). They can't just start to arbitrarily ignore their own rules and use this ill-defined catch-all (though in their endearingly amateurish way they may try).

longballin

A bit of indictment players seeking to keep ahead of the rules using cynical tactics. It how it is... rules change to stop it and they find something else...   

AZOffaly

Quote from: Fear ón Srath Bán on August 19, 2015, 03:26:33 PM

Yes, but that's a groundless charge, since rule 5.8 covers what he did on the pitch (he has no responsibility for anything that blew up after his on-pitch infraction). They can't just start to arbitrarily ignore their own rules and use this ill-defined catch-all (though in their endearingly amateurish way they may try).

That's exactly what they are trying. They are saying his dive was so egregious, and not dealt with on the field of play, therefore he is open to the disrepute charge. As I've said it's bollox and can't surely stick, but I wouldn't be as confident as you seem to be.

Keane

Quote from: grounded on August 19, 2015, 11:04:53 AM
Most of the hype so far for the kerry team comes down to their big win over Kildare. I'm just not convinced that we should take that much from that game. Sundays game will be a huge step up in terms of intensity and the quality of the opposition. Kerry were able to dominate midfield,  tyrone will flood that sector with players and fight for every ball. I see the game playing out very much like last year's aif, abiet with a little more scoring threat from both sides. For me kerry''s forwards offer that little bit more particularly when it comes to scoring goals which tend to win these type of games. Saying that I'm not convinced with their back line and I feel Tyrone 's nippy forwards could potentially exploit their lack of pace. Really looking forward to it.

I see a lot of this "Tyrone will flood the midfield" talk. Surely Tyrone will do anything but that.

Their defensive structure all year has been pulling as many men inside their 45 as possible.

They are almost certain to concede Kerry's kick outs entirely and retreat behind half way. For their own kick outs as usual they will try and get someone loose in their own half. There's no way they will flood midfield.

Fear ón Srath Bán

Quote from: AZOffaly on August 19, 2015, 03:32:59 PM

That's exactly what they are trying. They are saying his dive was so egregious, and not dealt with on the field of play, therefore he is open to the disrepute charge. As I've said it's bollox and can't surely stick, but I wouldn't be as confident as you seem to be.

But the DRA can't be swayed by any such nuances, they'll have to go, effectively, by the legalities, and legally 5.8 fully covers it. And that it was missed by the referee at the time is irrelevant since that wasn't the player's fault.

It should be an automatic red by the way, no question, but it's not right now.

yellowcard

If an anti Tyrone QC like Brolly thinks it's ridiculous and doesn't stack up, then I'd be inclined to take his word for it.

AZOffaly

Quote from: yellowcard on August 19, 2015, 03:39:01 PM

If an anti Tyrone QC like Brolly thinks it's ridiculous and doesn't stack up, then I'd be inclined to take his word for it.

I'm agreeing with ye lads, I'm just saying they'll try and present it that way, and as we all know it can be anyone's guess the way some of these decisions go. I'd not be surprised if it got thrown out tonight, but equally I wouldn't be surprised if it ended up in the DRA.

BennyHarp

Quote from: Keane on August 19, 2015, 03:34:54 PM
Most of the hype so far for the kerry team comes down to their big win over Kildare. I'm just not convinced that we should take that much from that game. Sundays game will be a huge step up in terms of intensity and the quality of the opposition. Kerry were able to dominate midfield,  tyrone will flood that sector with players and fight for every ball. I see the game playing out very much like last year's aif, abiet with a little more scoring threat from both sides. For me kerry''s forwards offer that little bit more particularly when it comes to scoring goals which tend to win these type of games. Saying that I'm not convinced with their back line and I feel Tyrone 's nippy forwards could potentially exploit their lack of pace. Really looking forward to it.

I see a lot of this "Tyrone will flood the midfield" talk. Surely Tyrone will do anything but that.

Their defensive structure all year has been pulling as many men inside their 45 as possible.

They are almost certain to concede Kerry's kick outs entirely and retreat behind half way. For their own kick outs as usual they will try and get someone loose in their own half. There's no way they will flood midfield.

I agree, we won't kick anything into midfield ourselves and retreat leaving your defenders free encouraging you to take the sort kick out. If I was Kerry, I'd worry about the runs of Donnelly from midfield, I wonder who will pick him up.
That was never a square ball!!

blanketattack

Quote from: muppet on August 19, 2015, 03:15:07 PM
Quote from: AZOffaly on August 19, 2015, 03:13:25 PM
I know McCann has become a steady player for them, but in Net terms a distracted McCann who will undoubtedly be reminded of his nonsense might not be as big an asset as otherwise.

The almost-dark-but-more-gray-so-grand-really arts? Surely not in Kerry?

No, the Derry supporters will remind him of it.

supersarsfields

Quote from: Keane on August 19, 2015, 03:34:54 PM

Hard to know. They pushed up to good effect in the Sligo game but the kick outs weren't great.

Rois

Quote from: yellowcard on August 19, 2015, 03:39:01 PM

You giving Joe a promotion there?  He'll love that. 

Club Tyrone "chat show" tomorrow night at 7pm at Garvaghey for any members on here. 

AZOffaly

See, ye have have meetings before the games where ye all 'chat' at each other. Despicable.