Quote from: INDIANA on August 22, 2015, 11:25:28 PM
Quote from: omaghjoe on August 22, 2015, 11:12:00 PM
Quote from: BennyHarp on August 22, 2015, 10:48:49 PM
Quote from: INDIANA on August 22, 2015, 10:13:52 PM
Quote from: omaghjoe on August 22, 2015, 09:13:23 PM
Quote from: Il Bomber Destro on August 22, 2015, 08:48:36 PM
Quote from: INDIANA on August 22, 2015, 08:19:01 PM
Quote from: Redhand Santa on August 22, 2015, 05:48:23 PM
I've no doubt we're in with a great chance tomorrow.  I think 4 to 1 is a huge price. We're an extremely fit team with a good mixture of youth and experience and a lot of players that can play football. People keep talking of Kerry's bench but at the end of the day there'll only be 15 on the pitch at any one time.

I suspect Kerry will try to do something similar to what they did versus Donegal last year.  It's not the way they've played all year and we will come at them with more pace.  Our biggest problem will be keeping donaghys influence limited.

Hopefully after the disgraceful media agenda in recent weeks we get a fair crack tomorrow, and if we do could well end up more than a match for Kerry.

Pray for the rain. It's your only chance.

Keep playing East 17 Tunes all the way up.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bus1Imtinis

I hope you win sincerely. Makes Dublin/Mayo'd job a lot easier

Contrary to that, the rain helps Kerry.

Tyrone are the optimum summer football team, the three times we have met Kerry at Croke Park under Mickey Harte have been lovely dry days. Tyrone have the smaller, pacier footballers, Kerry have the bigger, more physical players and rain benefits those types of players.

I'm hoping it's dry. I'm also hoping Deegan is strong in this game and stamps out the tactical fouling, the foul count in the league game was 32-14 to Kerry in the league meeting this year. O'Brien and Walsh are foul machines in the middle are of the field and will try to stop us from breaking from defence quickly, I hope Deegan does not allow them to escape with the persistent and systematic fouling they will employ.

I think Indie's logic is something like this.... SON was the difference between us back in the day....then without him in 08 we meet Dublin in the rain....and hammered them out the gate, therefore the difference without SON was the rain..... therefore Tyrone can play very well in the rain.

Would that be right Indie?

Only problem is that it ignores Kerry's Munster final replay win in the rain after getting out of jail in the dry, and looked pretty impressive in doing so. So based on your previous conclusions, which I assume were in a dry scenario where Kerry are gonna hammer us, if it rains they should hammer us even more...

In other words we're fucked :'( :'( :'(

But wait...... I forgot that dry field scenario was based on the fact that we get 70% of our scores from frees...except we dont ;D, so does that still hold? Or do you still sticking with that anyway despite it being inaccurate?

Or do we actually have a chance after all?   ??? ???

In 2003-2008 you had a team good enough to be that arrogant.

This ain't it.

Good point Indiana, we'll take that on board. Cheers.

Arrogant?
;D ;D

I didnt realise takin the hand outta someone who makes up stuff to back up his opinions would Constitute arrogance.... I apologise Indie

And Just to clarify in 03-08 where we good in the dry or wet? and with or without SON?

The trick is to win first then gloat . Not before my friend

::)
The only gloat Im having Indie, is at the error in your logic. ;)

Lighten up man, you loathe Tyrone and your bias made you believe something without the facts to back it up.

Its ok we all have our prejustices so it could happen the best of us. Unfortunately you wrote it on the internet for all to see ;D.....TWICE! ;D ;D

But ye can tell me to go to feck and I will, I can handle it.

Whishtup

Met a Kerry man in work that I haven't seen in a while and mentioned the game to him.  "I f**king hate ye c**ts.  Ye have the whole county rattled-I hope we bate ye c**ts out the gate-I honestly do f**king hate ye!!"  To which I replied"That's odd-we're mad about the Kerry ones!" 
"F**k off" was his reply.

Here's hoping for another helter-skelter game tomorrow with a one point Tyrone victory.

Tyrone 3-10  1:15 Kerry.

INDIANA

Quote from: omaghjoe on August 22, 2015, 11:46:08 PM
I've no doubt we're in with a great chance tomorrow.  I think 4 to 1 is a huge price. We're an extremely fit team with a good mixture of youth and experience and a lot of players that can play football. People keep talking of Kerry's bench but at the end of the day there'll only be 15 on the pitch at any one time.

I suspect Kerry will try to do something similar to what they did versus Donegal last year.  It's not the way they've played all year and we will come at them with more pace.  Our biggest problem will be keeping donaghys influence limited.

Hopefully after the disgraceful media agenda in recent weeks we get a fair crack tomorrow, and if we do could well end up more than a match for Kerry.

Tyrone are the optimum summer football team, the three times we have met Kerry at Croke Park under Mickey Harte have been lovely dry days. Tyrone have the smaller, pacier footballers, Kerry have the bigger, more physical players and rain benefits those types of players.

I'm hoping it's dry. I'm also hoping Deegan is strong in this game and stamps out the tactical fouling, the foul count in the league game was 32-14 to Kerry in the league meeting this year. O'Brien and Walsh are foul machines in the middle are of the field and will try to stop us from breaking from defence quickly, I hope Deegan does not allow them to escape with the persistent and systematic fouling they will employ.

I think Indie's logic is something like this.... SON was the difference between us back in the day....then without him in 08 we meet Dublin in the rain....and hammered them out the gate, therefore the difference without SON was the rain..... therefore Tyrone can play very well in the rain.

Only problem is that it ignores Kerry's Munster final replay win in the rain after getting out of jail in the dry, and looked pretty impressive in doing so. So based on your previous conclusions, which I assume were in a dry scenario where Kerry are gonna hammer us, if it rains they should hammer us even more...

But wait...... I forgot that dry field scenario was based on the fact that we get 70% of our scores from frees...except we dont ;D, so does that still hold? Or do you still sticking with that anyway despite it being inaccurate?

This ain't it.

Arrogant?
;D ;D

I didnt realise takin the hand outta someone who makes up stuff to back up his opinions would Constitute arrogance.... I apologise Indie

And Just to clarify in 03-08 where we good in the dry or wet? and with or without SON?

Lighten up man, you loathe Tyrone and your bias made you believe something without the facts to back it up.

Its ok we all have our prejustices so it could happen the best of us. Unfortunately you wrote it on the internet for all to see ;D.....TWICE! ;D ;D

All wrong my friend . I've already stated there is serious potential in this Tyrone team . I said that 6 months ago when everybody else laughed . Just not this year .

But the heavens have opened in Dublin. Like Spartacus maybe Tyrone is the giver of rain . The odds have shortened

BennyHarp

Quote from: INDIANA on August 23, 2015, 12:10:46 AM
Quote from: omaghjoe on August 22, 2015, 11:46:08 PM

This ain't it.

Arrogant?
;D ;D

All wrong my friend . I've already stated there is serious potential in this Tyrone team . I said that 6 months ago when everybody else laughed . Just not this year .

But the heavens have opened in Dublin. Like Spartacus maybe Tyrone is the giver of rain . The odds have shortened

Everyone laughed at your analysis? Surely not!I find that hard to believe!  ;D Bring on the rain, bring on SON and bring on 70% of our scores from frees. I'd take a win in any of these scenarios.
That was never a square ball!!

Hound

I think one possible outcome is that Kerry beat Tyrone just as easily as Mayo beat Donegal - on the basis that Tyrone and Donegal are at a similar level and Kerry are at least as good as Mayo.

But of course extraploting like that often fails in GAA. And it's been mentioned before here that Kerry won the AI a year too early last year. They are definitely a better team this year, but as reigning champions they are vulnerable until they get to the final, just like Dublin last year. The question is can Tyrone play as well today as Donegal did this time last year? Maybe they can....

In a final scenario I think the Dubs would beat Tyrone.
Whereas if it was Mayo v Tyrone, everyone with anything to do with Mayo would assume the curse was broken and be thinking this is the final we've all been waiting for,  and Tyrone would spoil the party!
But it would be the opposite for a Mayo v Kerry final. I don't think the Kerry lads (especially as AI champions) could help themselves from having in the back of their minds that there's no way a Mayo team could beat us. No doubt Mayo would play better as underdogs and I could really see them beating the Kingdom in a final.
I think Kerry would perform better against Dublin. Last year I'm convinced Dublin would have beaten them, but in 2015 I fear they have passed us out

Fuzzman

From the Bunker

Quote from: Hound on August 23, 2015, 08:31:58 AM
I think one possible outcome is that Kerry beat Tyrone just as easily as Mayo beat Donegal - on the basis that Tyrone and Donegal are at a similar level and Kerry are at least as good as Mayo.

But of course extraploting like that often fails in GAA. And it's been mentioned before here that Kerry won the AI a year too early last year. They are definitely a better team this year, but as reigning champions they are vulnerable until they get to the final, just like Dublin last year. The question is can Tyrone play as well today as Donegal did this time last year? Maybe they can....

In a final scenario I think the Dubs would beat Tyrone.
Whereas if it was Mayo v Tyrone, everyone with anything to do with Mayo would assume the curse was broken and be thinking this is the final we've all been waiting for,  and Tyrone would spoil the party!
But it would be the opposite for a Mayo v Kerry final. I don't think the Kerry lads (especially as AI champions) could help themselves from having in the back of their minds that there's no way a Mayo team could beat us. No doubt Mayo would play better as underdogs and I could really see them beating the Kingdom in a final.
I think Kerry would perform better against Dublin. Last year I'm convinced Dublin would have beaten them, but in 2015 I fear they have passed us out

What you say is true. The hardest round to beat Mayo is at the semi final stage. Dublin will surely know this.  Now if it was a final, Dublin would have less worries. Last year many of my Mayo friends thought that if we had beaten Kerry we would have definitely beaten Donegal in the final.  I was not as confident.  And even this years result against them did not change my mind.

omagh_gael

Safe travels to all today. I am taking my wee lads to their first game in Croker so a landmark day in my household!

Nerves setting in now, if we can keep it tight and avoid a goalfest in the first 20 minutes I think we've a genuine chance. Head says a 3 point Kerry win but the heart says Tyrone by 2.

C'Mon Tyrone!!

Put Up That Flag

Quote from: omagh_gael on August 23, 2015, 09:12:22 AM
Safe travels to all today. I am taking my wee lads to their first game in Croker so a landmark day in my household!

Nerves setting in now, if we can keep it tight and avoid a goalfest in the first 20 minutes I think we've a genuine chance. Head says a 3 point Kerry win but the heart says Tyrone by 2.

C'Mon Tyrone!!

Lucky them to be able to see cheating,  diving and cynical play in real life from their county, they might get to see some proper footballers from Kerry also though

Il Bomber Destro

Tyrone, you're on your own.

I think a win today would be right up their with Mickey's finest hour for Tyrone, probably even the biggest. We were 50/1 shots back there in June, now we're 70 minutes away from an All Ireland final. If we can play like we did against Monaghan in the first 60 minutes for the whole game today then I have every faith in us.

I'm glad all the attention has been on what we need to do against Kerry to beat them and not what they need to do against us. We'll be the team going out their playing our own game, the type of game we know and are comfortable with - they'll be the ones who are going to have to change things up.

You can't tell the future and the reality is that the game could go anyway, the best possible outcome or the worst but I am confident we have what it takes today. The head hasn't needed much convincing from the heart today that we're going to do it.

Thy Kingdom Come

Prediction: Tyrone to be brought back down to earth with a bang today. Teams like Limerick (beaten by Clare), Meath (beaten by Westmeath), Tipperary (Hammered by Kerry in second gear), Sligo (absalutely hammered by an average Mayo side) and Monaghan (who beat a tired Donegal side) don't set the football world on fire. To win today Tyrone need to score goals and despite our so called weak defence I cannot see Tyrone getting any. On the other side, I can see a couple going in. It must be nice for ye Tyrone boys to be back for a visit to Croker. It's becoming a novelty for ye anymore. The heady days of the noughties are a distant memory and ye can look back on them fondly. But there will be no repeat of those days today. Bonum iter!

Put Up That Flag

Quote from: Thy Kingdom Come on August 23, 2015, 09:59:13 AM
Prediction: Tyrone to be brought back down to earth with a bang today. Teams like Limerick (beaten by Clare), Meath (beaten by Westmeath), Tipperary (Hammered by Kerry in second gear), Sligo (absalutely hammered by an average Mayo side) and Monaghan (who beat a tired Donegal side) don't set the football world on fire. To win today Tyrone need to score goals and despite our so called weak defence I cannot see Tyrone getting any. On the other side, I can see a couple going in. It must be nice for ye Tyrone boys to be back for a visit to Croker. It's becoming a novelty for ye anymore. The heady days of the noughties are a distant memory and ye can look back on them fondly. But there will be no repeat of those days today. Bonum iter!

Well said,  the hatchet team that is Tyrone will be made a show off today but at least they will enjoy watching a footballing team like Kerry

Whishtup

Quote from: Put Up That Flag on August 23, 2015, 09:46:32 AM
Quote from: omagh_gael on August 23, 2015, 09:12:22 AM

C'Mon Tyrone!!

Lucky them to be able to see cheating,  diving and cynical play in real life from their county, they might get to see some proper footballers from Kerry also though

Moderators, turn on the bitterness filter!

yellowcard

Kerry by 8 or 9 points in what will probably be another poor viewing spectacle. There will be big pressure on Maurice Deegan today given all the talk about Tyrone over the last few weeks but I think it will prove academic as Kerry have far too much firepower. Unlike next weeks semi final I can feel absolutely no sense of anticipation for todays match at all.

An Watcher

I had the same feeling of dread before the 08 final and look how that one turned out. Good luck to mickey and the lads today