Mayo v Donegal Saturday August 8th, 2015 Páirc an Chrócaigh

Started by From the Bunker, July 31, 2015, 02:37:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

INDIANA

Quote from: J70 on August 08, 2015, 10:48:52 PM
Quote from: The Stallion on August 08, 2015, 08:55:07 PM
Murphy was poor today, McManus was very good.

Murphy rarely scores heavily from play, and gets away with an awful lot of nasty fouling and mouthing off.

Complete and utter nonsense. Murphy hit three superb scores from play and was the only Donegal forward to consistently win any ball going in.

Agreed. Quality of posters on this website has unfortunately plummeted

Syferus

Quote from: INDIANA on August 08, 2015, 10:53:09 PM
Quote from: J70 on August 08, 2015, 10:48:52 PM
Quote from: The Stallion on August 08, 2015, 08:55:07 PM
Murphy was poor today, McManus was very good.

Murphy rarely scores heavily from play, and gets away with an awful lot of nasty fouling and mouthing off.

Complete and utter nonsense. Murphy hit three superb scores from play and was the only Donegal forward to consistently win any ball going in.

Agreed. Quality of posters on this website has unfortunately plummeted

It really went down-hill when Dont Matter left Indy.

moysider

That's what I'm talking about and wanted to see - many years ago. Tactically, the best we ve ever done. Management nailed it. If we had set up like this under Horan we would have won the whole shebang already. H&C have to get great creds for that. Only for a getting a bit sloppy on frees and a few lazy finishes it would have been very cushy. But it was more important that we kept a clean sheet.

manfromdelmonte

Quote from: moysider on August 08, 2015, 11:40:42 PM
That's what I'm talking about and wanted to see - many years ago. Tactically, the best we ve ever done. Management nailed it. If we had set up like this under Horan we would have won the whole shebang already. H&C have to get great creds for that. Only for a getting a bit sloppy on frees and a few lazy finishes it would have been very cushy. But it was more important that we kept a clean sheet.
they will have to be on top of their game the next day

I'd bring out O'Shea for the first 15 mins to put huge pressure on Cluxton's kickouts as Dublin will be figuring out all sorts of tactics to thwart O'Shea inside.

muppet

Quote from: manfromdelmonte on August 08, 2015, 11:45:42 PM

I'd bring out O'Shea for the first 15 mins to put huge pressure on Cluxton's kickouts as Dublin will be figuring out all sorts of tactics to thwart O'Shea inside.

I bloody wouldn't!

While the game was still alive we had players like Doc, Kevin Mc and Cillian getting a lot more space inside the 45 than Donegal would normally allow anyone.

The Donegal attack played very narrow though. Barry in front of Murphy worked well because of this. Dublin will play a much wider game. Still if we can keep the goals out, we might have a chance.
MWWSI 2017

Wildweasel74

Mayo had the 2 Quigleys from Fermanagh they win an all-ireland, its funny they way 1 very good forward can be the different between a good and a great team

moysider

Quote from: manfromdelmonte on August 08, 2015, 11:45:42 PM

Don't matter.

The whole country will want a Kerry/Dub final and Mr. Humpries might get a new. updated, edition of his book going.

If it's anywhere fair from now out both games should be played neutral. Kerry and Tyrone in CP probably fine. Mayo v Dublin in CP no good at all. If that happens .....

An Watcher

Mayo very impressive today but their full back line and keeper looked dodgy under the high ball. His kick outs weren't great either. Does neil mcgee go off much or was it just today cause he was being thrown round like a rag doll. Stay in and face the music.

BluestackBoy

Quote from: An Watcher on August 09, 2015, 12:02:03 AM
Does neil mcgee go off much or was it just today cause he was being thrown round like a rag doll. Stay in and face the music.

What a small mean minded post.
For what shall it profit a man if he gains the whole world & loses his soul.

BluestackBoy

Sad to see the end of this team.

The legs just weren't there  & while I wonder a little about the preparation there is no doubt that many of these players will pack it in now.

While today's performance was poor, I for one am proud of them & thank them for all the pleasure they have given me.

Well done to Mayo, I hope ye go on now & seal the deal.
For what shall it profit a man if he gains the whole world & loses his soul.

muppet

Mayo very impressive today but their full back line and keeper looked dodgy under the high ball. His kick outs weren't great either. Does neil mcgee go off much or was it just today cause he was being thrown round like a rag doll. Stay in and face the music.

McGee got a knee in the back when Durcan came strongly for a high ball.

Mayo had two keepers today. Which one bothered you?

Each had one kickout go over the sideline but I thought they both kicked out very well. We won almost all of ours and won probably at least half of Donegal's kickouts. TBH this was as big a difference between the sides as anything else.
MWWSI 2017

moysider

Wrong X 2.

Mayo had 2 keepers and stats would show that their kick outs were good. The first keeper is especially good under high ball.
Niel Mcgee got walloped between his keeper Durcan and Aidan O Shea under a high ball. He hot hit from both sides and wouldn;t be surprisesdif he had a touch of concussion and maybe a few cracked ribs as well!

A bit of respect. That lad is a warrior!

Wildweasel74

McGee was the wrong match up for Donegal on O`Se, i think if Donegal had more than a week to prepare, they tried Gallagher at full back, height was needed to counter Big Aidan

J70

Neil Gallagher would be nowhere near mobile enough to mark O'Shea.

muppet

Quote from: J70 on August 09, 2015, 12:22:23 AM
Neil Gallagher would be nowhere near mobile enough to mark O'Shea.

And who would have played midfield? Take Gallagher out of there today and it would have been no contest.
MWWSI 2017