Mayo v Donegal Saturday August 8th, 2015 Páirc an Chrócaigh

Started by From the Bunker, July 31, 2015, 02:37:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Stallion

Lacey at his peak was the best in the country, but he looks finished now. Murphy is nowhere near the best player in Ireland as many claim. He can hit a long range free and fetch a high ball, but as a forward he's not in the same league as the likes of Cooper, McManus etc.

imtommygunn

He's outstanding and would make any team in ireland. Best full forward about.

charlieTully

Quote from: J70 on August 08, 2015, 08:16:56 PM
Quote from: charlieTully on August 08, 2015, 08:11:22 PM
Quote from: Syferus on August 08, 2015, 08:09:51 PM
Quote from: charlieTully on August 08, 2015, 08:08:46 PM
Mayo fans really deserve an AI, I hope to God they win it.

They'll only deserve it if they win it.

I mean the supporters, they have suffered more than most.

Don't you think the supporters of Leitrim or Sligo or a number of other teams would not gladly swap with them?

I have £30 on them, I couldn't give a shite about them or their supporters really.  8) (shit I feel bad about that now, I would be very happy for the likes of ballinaman and muppet et al if they win it).

haze

Quote from: The Stallion on August 08, 2015, 08:32:44 PM
Lacey at his peak was the best in the country, but he looks finished now. Murphy is nowhere near the best player in Ireland as many claim. He can hit a long range free and fetch a high ball, but as a forward he's not in the same league as the likes of Cooper, McManus etc.

murphy is a different level altogether to McManus. You were not watching the games today to arrive at that conclusion about Murphy

moysider

Bullshit Sy. We face odds others don t.

How in God's name did the officials send off Keane when Murphy was the aggressor. It ll be rescinded but not the point. Yon ref would have rode us if it was anyway tight. Unless Keane hit Murphy off camera with a sledge that decision was a joke.

Now this will be the fifth AI semi v Dublin that I can recall. All the previous were played as home games for Dublin. In fairness this needs to be played in Mayo or neutral like Limerick!!
A big hullaboloo was made about giving Sligo fair play a few weeks ago so what's sauce for the goose is sauce for the gander.
CP is too much a + for Dublin. Add in a homer ref and we d have to be 10+ a better team to have a chance.

The Stallion

Murphy was poor today, McManus was very good.

Murphy rarely scores heavily from play, and gets away with an awful lot of nasty fouling and mouthing off.

heffo

Quote from: moysider on August 08, 2015, 08:53:24 PM

How in God's name did the officials send off Keane when Murphy was the aggressor. It ll be rescinded but not the point. Yon ref would have rode us if it was anyway tight. Unless Keane hit Murphy off camera with a sledge that decision was a joke.

Now this will be the fifth AI semi v Dublin that I can recall. All the previous were played as home games for Dublin. In fairness this needs to be played in Mayo or neutral like Limerick!!
A big hullaboloo was made about giving Sligo fair play a few weeks ago so what's sauce for the goose is sauce for the gander.
CP is too much a + for Dublin. Add in a homer ref and we d have to be 10+ a better team to have a chance.

Ref handed you 2012 and you let James Horan & his team of analysts off scott free in 2013 for not realising Dublin had two incapicatated players on the field for the last ten minutes.

GaillimhIarthair

Foot perfect by the Mayo management team to date, today being especially impressive in the way they setup their team.  A lot of football to be played yet but they do seem to have more tactical nous than the previous regime.

Itchy

Moydider, Keane threw a punch Murphy didn't. That why he was sent off. Pure stupid.

moysider

Quote from: heffo on August 08, 2015, 08:58:12 PM

Ref handed you 2012 and you let James Horan & his team of analysts off scott free in 2013 for not realising Dublin had two incapicatated players on the field for the last ten minutes.

We we 10/11 up at one stage in 2012 and should have won pulling up. As for 2013 so what. What happened. Are you trying to justify us having to play another semi in Dublin and all the disadvantages that gives us?

JoG2

Very impressed by that Mayo performance.  Pace and power and no shortage of skill in all sectors.  Would love to get down for Dublin match,  could be a cracker. 

End of the road for my near neighbours and ancestral brethren.  Not sure how many of the older heads will call it a day.  Massive commitment

INDIANA

Ah! the excuses already.

Mayo can and should win the AI this year.

The difficulty of Mayo football is they are afraid to admit to being favourites for anything. Being favourites brings pressure.

Same pressure to do the right thing with the ball in the 65th minute of an AI Final.

Mayo have an excellent record against Dublin in semi finals. They are favourites for this game because they are very strong in areas in Dublin are weak.

It's a big ask to beat Dublin and probably Kerry at this level but life is full of challenges and it's how you deal with them that determines your legacy.

So instead of making excuse lads grow a pair of balls would be a start

Canalman

Quote from: moysider on August 08, 2015, 09:08:30 PM

We we 10/11 up at one stage in 2012 and should have won pulling up. As for 2013 so what. What happened. Are you trying to justify us having to play another semi in Dublin and all the disadvantages that gives us?

But but but you guys went nuts last year when you had to play a replay in Limerick.

CP brings the best out of all good teams and has done so since the year dot.

Johnnybegood

the free count was 3:1 in mayos favour in 13 go figure

heffo

As for 2013 so what. What happened.

You lost an AI by a point because a management team held in huge regard by Mayo supporters didn't realise Dublin had two players out of 15 unable to walk