Mayo v Donegal Saturday August 8th, 2015 Páirc an Chrócaigh

Started by From the Bunker, July 31, 2015, 02:37:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

From the Bunker

I was just wondering if anybody can confirm (in some sort of stone) the times for the Mayo games? I'v heard the Junior final is at 2pm. Monaghan game is at 4pm and the Mayo match is at 6pm? I'm working on a tight schedule that day and will just about make the 6pm game!

Mayo4Sam14

You can forget about Sean Cavanagh as far as he's a man!

Rossfan

Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

Syferus

Quote from: Rossfan on July 31, 2015, 02:40:59 PM
Could they not have the 2 Rhubarb games in succession?

After all the venue whining the GAA are probably going to go out of their way to actually f**k them over now.

From the Bunker

Hoars did the same with the Minor/Seniors last year.

moysider

Quote from: Syferus on July 31, 2015, 02:45:29 PM

After all the venue whining the GAA are probably going to go out of their way to actually f**k them over now.

Been already doin a fine job of it anyway.

ballinaman

Quote from: Syferus on July 31, 2015, 02:45:29 PM

Stop whining about the whining

Farrandeelin

In all fairness 6 o clock is a cnut of a time to have a game, potentially between 2 counties on the western seaboard.
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

From the Bunker

Quote from: Farrandeelin on July 31, 2015, 10:21:03 PM
In all fairness 6 o clock is a cnut of a time to have a game, potentially between 2 counties on the western seaboard.

Yeah, I have inlaws in the midlands. Only for kipping there on Saturday night, the journey home would be sh!te. Funny how the Monaghan game was not at this time? Monaghan is a stone throw from Dublin in comparison. Two late weekend for the Donegal crew if they make it the following week!

moysider

There wont be a cow milked in Mayo until midnight. They ll be completely bamboozled.

Lar Naparka

Quote from: moysider on July 31, 2015, 10:41:47 PM

There wont be a cow milked in Mayo until midnight. They ll be completely bamboozled.

Who; the cows or the players? ;D
Nil Carborundum Illegitemi

Redhand Santa

I hope this doesn't turn into another complaing match about time/venue etc. GAA fans seem to find reason to complain about every fixture. A few points:

If the junior final was fixed elsewhere there would have been complaints about people have to travel twice in the one weekend. Imagine being forced to sit through an all ireland quarter final between monaghan and tyrone or sligo, so unfair on the fans. I'd imagine the majority of the people interested in the junior game would have enough interest that they'd be happy to watch the other quarter final. Mayo was always going to be the second game as its the bigger match with the junior game being added on to make it easier for Mayo people, its a compliment to Mayo there game is up second.

6 is late enough but its not exactly unworkable. Most people will be home by 11 or 11.30. Given its a one off and the next day is a Sunday with most people of work and schools of anyway its not that bad. If you need to bring small children who go to bed earlier chances are they'd sleep in the car. You'd wonder how fans cope in England with away games maybe 200 hundred miles away at 7.45. Also people would have no problem doing many other activities that wouldn't get them home to that time such as going to the cinema, a concert etc (granted they wouldn't have children there). Also if the game was earlier you'd have complaints about work on a Saturday morning etc.

It sounds like a great afternoons entertainment to me and I just hope we win today and are part of it. No idea why people make these things out to be a chore.

macdanger2

Quote from: Redhand Santa on August 01, 2015, 08:47:55 AM
I hope this doesn't turn into another complaing match about time/venue etc. GAA fans seem to find reason to complain about every fixture. A few points:

If the junior final was fixed elsewhere there would have been complaints about people have to travel twice in the one weekend. Imagine being forced to sit through an all ireland quarter final between monaghan and tyrone or sligo, so unfair on the fans. I'd imagine the majority of the people interested in the junior game would have enough interest that they'd be happy to watch the other quarter final. Mayo was always going to be the second game as its the bigger match with the junior game being added on to make it easier for Mayo people, its a compliment to Mayo there game is up second.

6 is late enough but its not exactly unworkable. Most people will be home by 11 or 11.30. Given its a one off and the next day is a Sunday with most people of work and schools of anyway its not that bad. If you need to bring small children who go to bed earlier chances are they'd sleep in the car. You'd wonder how fans cope in England with away games maybe 200 hundred miles away at 7.45. Also people would have no problem doing many other activities that wouldn't get them home to that time such as going to the cinema, a concert etc (granted they wouldn't have children there). Also if the game was earlier you'd have complaints about work on a Saturday morning etc.

It sounds like a great afternoons entertainment to me and I just hope we win today and are part of it. No idea why people make these things out to be a chore.

Dead right RS. The 6pm throw in is tough on anyone with cows to milk but other than that, it's grand. As you say, the GAA are doing us a favour by having the junior game on first and anyone who doesn't want to sit through the monaghan game isn't much of a gaa fan

moysider

Now we ll see what H&C are made of.

So what's the plan for Murphy for a start?

Farrandeelin

Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.