Mayo v Donegal Saturday August 8th, 2015 Páirc an Chrócaigh

Started by From the Bunker, July 31, 2015, 02:37:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SouthDublinBro

Donegal seem to drift in and out of games. A solid team like Mayo will not allow Donegal to go 25+ minutes without scoring and will punish them appropriately, something that Galway and even Monaghan were properly incapable of doing.

Barring any shock upsets, it's looking to be another famous Dublin vs Mayo semi final. Would rather meet them in the AI Final.

Mayo4Sam14

Quote from: SouthDublinBro on August 02, 2015, 12:32:09 PM
Donegal seem to drift in and out of games. A solid team like Mayo will not allow Donegal to go 25+ minutes without scoring and will punish them appropriately, something that Galway and even Monaghan were properly incapable of doing.

Barring any shock upsets, it's looking to be another famous Dublin vs Mayo semi final. Would rather meet them in the AI Final.

That would be some match
You can forget about Sean Cavanagh as far as he's a man!

IolarCoisCuain

Quote from: SouthDublinBro on August 02, 2015, 12:32:09 PM

Who wouldn't?

Mayo4Sam14

Quote from: mad tan on August 02, 2015, 12:48:36 PM
Hope it's on RTE

After the Quarter Finals in both sports they're not exclusive so it'll be on rte and SS
You can forget about Sean Cavanagh as far as he's a man!

BluestackBoy

Jaysus, the amount of cute hoorism on this thread would make a Kerryman blush!!

One aspect that hasn't been touched on is that we have two management teams in their first years in charge.

Games nowadays are often won & lost on the sideline & this game may well be decided by who gets it right on the sideline.
For what shall it profit a man if he gains the whole world & loses his soul.

moysider

Quote from: BluestackBoy on August 02, 2015, 01:53:01 PM
Jaysus, the amount of cute hoorism on this thread would make a Kerryman blush!!

One aspect that hasn't been touched on is that we have two management teams in their first years in charge.

Games nowadays are often won & lost on the sideline & this game may well be decided by who gets it right on the sideline.

Agree and that is what has me worried the most.

I'm 100% with Farr on this one. I expect that Aidan will be completely swarmed out and predict a long frustrating afternoon for him and Mayo supporters.
I would play Aidan around the middle for this one - most of the time anyway. Try and control possession and the game and limit the threat to our defence. We could have Seamie play a more defensive role. Play Cillian and Andy inside on their own and use runners. Galway did get some joy running at Donegal.

Captain Obvious

Tommy Carr reckons Mayo will win the All Ireland this September.

macdanger2

Not sure if it'll be Mayo but it'll definitely happen in September

J70

Looking at Kildare here (Kerry walking the ball into the net again and again as I type!), tactics aside, the fatigue factor has me worried. We were dead on our feet two years ago in similar circumstances to what we will face next week. Could be an issue again.

larryin89

Crazy people , some of our band . We will beat Donegal without breaking sweat.

Without being rude , if AOS has a stormer at FF will the WANs saying he won't as he will be swarmed finally concede on Aido at FF or will it just be touted out again come the semi v jacks?

It doesn't half go on and on with the all forums and Ye slate the TV pundits all the time yet there are bucks who shout from the rooftops about " Sligo will put it up to us, they were very good v ross) oh no they didn't , we fuckin annihilated them . Same as the Kildare v Kerry game today, I told a man last week , Kerry might break all records in the hammering they dish out to Kildare , " not at all , did you even watch the cork game, Kildare were very impressive" eh no Cork didn't show up and those who said Kerry would destroy Kildare were proven right.
Walk-in down mchale rd , sun out, summers day , game day . That's all .

An Watcher

Few people on here bumming up neil Mcgee. A good player no doubt but I could play well surrounded by that Donegal defence. He won't be marking AOS on his own. He'll have 3 or 4 around him so they could well nullify the threat. For the record I think the winning of this could come from the sideline and I'm not sure if Gallagher can pull it off like mcguinness. Mayo have to be prepared to go with plan b if AOS is marked out of it. Fascinating contest

J70

Quote from: An Watcher on August 03, 2015, 06:13:51 AM
Few people on here bumming up neil Mcgee. A good player no doubt but I could play well surrounded by that Donegal defence. He won't be marking AOS on his own. He'll have 3 or 4 around him so they could well nullify the threat. For the record I think the winning of this could come from the sideline and I'm not sure if Gallagher can pull it off like mcguinness. Mayo have to be prepared to go with plan b if AOS is marked out of it. Fascinating contest

Sure we'll stick you in there instead of McGee if all it takes to look good is being surrounded by the other Donegal defenders.  ::)

JoG2

Quote from: Mayo4Sam14 on August 02, 2015, 01:01:52 PM
Quote from: mad tan on August 02, 2015, 12:48:36 PM
Hope it's on RTE

After the Quarter Finals in both sports they're not exclusive so it'll be on rte and SS

Sky having exclusive rights to matches in Ireland really is an absolute balls. I've a Sky go account running (thanks to a kind relative) on the phone which, whilst not ideal, is better than not watching the games and the hooerin thing bombed out during the Donegal match on Sat and wouldn't start up again with 10 mins to go.

Sky has both big games again on Sat...the claws are starting to grip a bit tighter !! Would do your head in

PW Nally

Sky deal hitting home now. Will be at game but recording and watching later I always enjoyed.

Paddy Power odds
Quote18:00   Mayo v Donegal         
              5/6   15/2   13/10