Started by 50fiftyball, July 26, 2015, 08:12:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mikhailov

Quote from: cadhlancian on February 02, 2016, 07:42:52 PM
I am. Same owners yes. Originally from Donaghmore and Coalisland 👍🏻

Are u Loughshore area ??

cadhlancian

AZOffaly

I remember the field well from my days playing football with clan na Gael. We started out in the old sod in Adams ave but as we got posh we started to visit the field  :) grand spot.

Rois

I was in that pub in September!

The Iceman

I will always keep myself mentally alert, physically strong and morally straight

omaghjoe

Sorry to hear about that Cadhlancian.

Be down in San Diego a fair bit but strangely have never got the length of the field. The only time I can tolerate that many fly chompers  ;) in one place is when Tyrone are playing..... so I'll see ye 3rd Sunday in September if I im not able to fly home for for 4th!

cadhlancian

Good man! Make sure and introduce yourself  8)

gawa316

Quote from: cadhlancian on February 02, 2016, 06:59:07 PM
The Field

Jeepers that menu has me mouth watering...miss the oul sausage rolls.

San Diego is on the bucket list so will defo call in for a few pints and tucker when we make it down

omaghjoe

Quote from: gawa316 on February 04, 2016, 06:01:07 PM
The Field

San Diego is on the bucket list so will defo call in for a few pints and tucker when we make it down

Depends on their level of hoof content... ;)

But seriously (and this is no slight of the field as I have never been there) how many times have you went to an Irish bar here and ordered something expecting to taste like it was from home and it was just the same ole American shite that you could get anywhere.

...Apart from the corned beef and cabbage obiviously ::)

The Iceman

Quote from: omaghjoe on February 04, 2016, 09:09:26 PM
Quote from: gawa316 on February 04, 2016, 06:01:07 PM
The Field

sausage rolls in an irish bar  - Paddy Coyne's in Seattle  - run by an Irish man and they are pure shite. I go to a british bakery a few towns over where the head baker is a wee woman from dundalk - as good as any you'll get at home. It's 45 min there and back but worth it for sausage rolls, steak and kidney pies and mince pies at chrismas time

Depends on their level of hoof content... ;)

But seriously (and this is no slight of the field as I have never been there) how many times have you went to an Irish bar here and ordered something expecting to taste like it was from home and it was just the same ole American shite that you could get anywhere.

...Apart from the corned beef and cabbage obiviously ::)
I will always keep myself mentally alert, physically strong and morally straight

AZOffaly

By the way, corned beef and cabbage. Where the hell did that come from?

johnneycool

Quote from: AZOffaly on February 05, 2016, 03:35:08 PM
By the way, corned beef and cabbage. Where the hell did that come from?

Boiling ham and cabbage, yes sir ee, Corned Beef FFS!

AZOffaly

Bacon and Cabbage, Ham and Cabbage, yes, yes, yes. As the song goes 'I am a savage for Bacon and Cabbage'. But I remember the 'traditional' Irish Corned Beef and cabbage over there. I looked at them like they had two heads.

Billys Boots

Quote from: AZOffaly on February 05, 2016, 03:43:04 PM
Bacon and Cabbage, Ham and Cabbage, yes, yes, yes. As the song goes 'I am a savage for Bacon and Cabbage'. But I remember the 'traditional' Irish Corned Beef and cabbage over there. I looked at them like they had two heads.

Yeah, I remember the Corned Beef and cabbage - I told them I'd no idea what they were talking about. 
My hands are stained with thistle milk ...