Kerry v Kildare August 2nd Croke Park

Started by Dinny Breen, July 26, 2015, 10:56:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

INDIANA

Quote from: macdanger2 on August 02, 2015, 09:42:28 PM
Quote from: INDIANA on August 02, 2015, 08:19:13 PM
Quote from: Blowitupref on August 02, 2015, 08:12:55 PM
Quote from: INDIANA on August 02, 2015, 06:59:17 PM
It's not a question of winning sometimes DH. Its how you lose sometimes can be as important as winning. A team that refuses to be beaten easily can evolve over time as better personnel become available.

team that throws in the towel will always throw in the towel regardless of whether better personnel becomes available or not. It becomes cultural. We did it in 2009 against Kerry and Gilroy gutted the team. You need to do the same.

Dublin team from the All Ireland final in 2011. In bold played against Kerry in 2009.

S Cluxton, C O'Sullivan, R O'Carroll, M Fitzsimons, J McCarthy, G Brennan, K Nolan (0-01), D Bastick (0-01), MD MacAuley, P Flynn, B Cahill, B Cullen, A Brogan, D Connolly, B Brogan

Most teams would make that amount of changes in two years however the biggest change with the Dublin team was the quality they brought into defence and MacAuley into midfield.

Midfield and defence is what Kildare need repairing they have won a few Leinster underage titles now they surely have some talent coming through to improve on todays performance.

Dont' agree because you've completely ignored where the surgery took place. There was plenty of media articles from 2003-2008 about Dublin and where their weakness was. A team's backbone comes from defence. Always has and always will.

Do you want a hand moving those goalposts or are you ok on your own?? I presume there's a similar story for the Cork 2010 team who had been on the back of a good few hammerings

You're some bullsh*t artist

I'm bemused that you'd think I'd put any stock in anything you have to say

Syferus

Quote from: INDIANA on August 02, 2015, 09:47:09 PM
Quote from: macdanger2 on August 02, 2015, 09:42:28 PM
Quote from: INDIANA on August 02, 2015, 08:19:13 PM
Quote from: Blowitupref on August 02, 2015, 08:12:55 PM
Quote from: INDIANA on August 02, 2015, 06:59:17 PM
It's not a question of winning sometimes DH. Its how you lose sometimes can be as important as winning. A team that refuses to be beaten easily can evolve over time as better personnel become available.

team that throws in the towel will always throw in the towel regardless of whether better personnel becomes available or not. It becomes cultural. We did it in 2009 against Kerry and Gilroy gutted the team. You need to do the same.

Dublin team from the All Ireland final in 2011. In bold played against Kerry in 2009.

S Cluxton, C O'Sullivan, R O'Carroll, M Fitzsimons, J McCarthy, G Brennan, K Nolan (0-01), D Bastick (0-01), MD MacAuley, P Flynn, B Cahill, B Cullen, A Brogan, D Connolly, B Brogan

Most teams would make that amount of changes in two years however the biggest change with the Dublin team was the quality they brought into defence and MacAuley into midfield.

Midfield and defence is what Kildare need repairing they have won a few Leinster underage titles now they surely have some talent coming through to improve on todays performance.

Dont' agree because you've completely ignored where the surgery took place. There was plenty of media articles from 2003-2008 about Dublin and where their weakness was. A team's backbone comes from defence. Always has and always will.

Do you want a hand moving those goalposts or are you ok on your own?? I presume there's a similar story for the Cork 2010 team who had been on the back of a good few hammerings

You're some bullsh*t artist

I'm bemused that you'd think I'd put any stock in anything you have to say

Do you put stock in what anyone says in fairness, Indy?

macdanger2

Bemused?? You must feel at home so  ;D  ;D

LilySavage

Kuwabatake Sanjuro

Re: Kerry v Kildare August 2nd Croke Park
« Reply #162 on: Today at 09:18:33 PM »As  Kildare fan I'm hugely encouraged by today's scoreline. Had Kildare only taken a moderate hammering we would have been stuck with Ryan. Now we can look forward to a change of management and attempt to move in the right direction as a football team.  Logged

Do you only post after 27 point defeats? Cheers

Kuwabatake Sanjuro

No I had one post before a 27 point defeat. That being said 27 point defeats are very rare in inter-county GAA so I wouldn't be a prolific poster if that was my strategy.

LilySavage

Yah you're a true supporter. Thanks for the sensational input.

inexile

slightly off-topic. Anybody know what the attendance was at CP today

macdanger2

I think they mentioned 38k on TV, not sure about that though

Qwerty28

Kuwabatake Sanjuro

I was surprised at it being announced as that high as neither the upper tiers of the Davin or Hogan stands were open but the rest was fairly full. Fermanagh fans were excellent.

Dinny Breen

No matter what I feel about the most incompetent manager that I have ever seen manage Kildare those players have to live with 2 relegations and 2 of the biggest defeats in our history all within 16 months. Embarrassing disgraceful and gutless. Fermanagh demonstrated what it's like to play with pride. We can't change the players but we need some to instill pride and belief. We can't change players but we can change manager, anyone who believes he should stay on needs a long hard look in the mirror as they certainly don't care about Kildare football. Pathetic pathetic pathetic.
#newbridgeornowhere

moysider

Quote from: Dinny Breen on August 02, 2015, 11:19:13 PM
No matter what I feel about the most incompetent manager that I have ever seen manage Kildare those players have to live with 2 relegations and 2 of the biggest defeats in our history all within 16 months. Embarrassing disgraceful and gutless. Fermanagh demonstrated what it's like to play with pride. We can't change the players but we need some to instill pride and belief. We can't change players but we can change manager, anyone who believes he should stay on needs a long hard look in the mirror as they certainly don't care about Kildare football. Pathetic pathetic pathetic.

The trick is Dinny ye need somebody better. Any guarantee of that? Ryan did well in Wexford right? Probably why he got the Kildare gig? Who's going to improve things? Names?
After what I ve seen this summer and indeed recent years, teams need coaches rather than managers. McGuiness was a coach. Horan wasn t ( good manager though)  and it cost us an AI. I think Fitzmaurice is as well and it cost us a second :(
Now we have 2 managers, a trainer, strength and conditioning expert etc. etc. but next week we find out if we have a coach or not.
Counties like Kildare and many more have to get real and get a coach that organise a team defensively for a start and then get them schooled to do the right thing and bring moves from training ground to game. That's what got Donegal up and going v Galway. Everything about them is systematic and rehearsed. I honestly admire them as much as any team I ve seen play.

County boards will appoint new managers but what are they appointing?

TomFun

Quote from: Zulu on August 02, 2015, 08:29:42 PM
Quote from: Teo Lurley on August 02, 2015, 08:25:28 PM
Quote from: Zulu on August 02, 2015, 08:13:49 PM
That's the difference between just looking at the scoreline and looking at the performance. Kildare are closer to the top than Fermanagh and a good few others.

You don't have a clue about football.

I'd be quite certain I know a lot more about it than you.

I'd be quite certain that I'd have no faith in you're convictions

brokencrossbar1

If Kildare are on the look out for a new manager do yiz want Geezer back?

rodney trotter

Quote from: Zulu on August 02, 2015, 08:13:49 PM
That's the difference between just looking at the scoreline and looking at the performance. Kildare are closer to the top than Fermanagh and a good few others.

What performance?. It was non existant. Niall Kelly about the only player who tried.

Kildare were also hammered by Dublin by 19pts and are in Div 3 next year. The Cork win was more down to Cork being so flat after losing the Munster final replau.