Started by Dinny Breen, July 26, 2015, 10:56:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Syferus

Quote from: Zulu on August 02, 2015, 08:32:40 PM
Quote from: Syferus on August 02, 2015, 08:30:44 PM
Quote from: Zulu on August 02, 2015, 08:29:42 PM
Quote from: Teo Lurley on August 02, 2015, 08:25:28 PM
Quote from: Zulu on August 02, 2015, 08:13:49 PM
That's the difference between just looking at the scoreline and looking at the performance. Kildare are closer to the top than Fermanagh and a good few others.

You don't have a clue about football.

I'd be quite certain I know a lot more about it than you.

Fermanagh are closer to the top than Kildare. Even Kildare would likely admit that.

They are not IMO and I think that will be proven in the coming years.

They factually are right now. Who knows in the years ahead but if you think that Kildare team is a step above Fermanagh you genuinely have not seen enough of that Kildare team or that Fermanagh team.

Teo Lurley

Quote from: Zulu on August 02, 2015, 08:41:02 PM
Quote from: Teo Lurley on August 02, 2015, 08:35:27 PM
That's the difference between just looking at the scoreline and looking at the performance. Kildare are closer to the top than Fermanagh and a good few others.

You said Kildare fans should be encouraged by a 27 point defeat, I think that proves you know nothin!!!!

I said I'd be quite encouraged by the performance which I stand by. There was plenty to be happy about and Dublin, with many future All Ireland winners in the team, got tanked by Kerry in 2009 so getting a bad beating doesn't always mean you've bad players. If you knew anything about football you'd know that but you clearly don't.

There's plenty to be happy about in a 27 point defeat? Hahhahahhahaha Which part should they be happy about, scoring 10 points or only conceding 7 goals? You're a joke, almost as much as the Kildare footballers are!!!!

Zulu

You don't need to see teams a hundred times to have a view on which is better. If you think Fermanagh are stronger than Kildare that's fine, I don't and I'm fairly certain that will be proven in the coming years.

Blowitupref

Quote from: INDIANA on August 02, 2015, 08:19:13 PM
Quote from: Blowitupref on August 02, 2015, 08:12:55 PM
Quote from: INDIANA on August 02, 2015, 06:59:17 PM
It's not a question of winning sometimes DH. Its how you lose sometimes can be as important as winning. A team that refuses to be beaten easily can evolve over time as better personnel become available.

team that throws in the towel will always throw in the towel regardless of whether better personnel becomes available or not. It becomes cultural. We did it in 2009 against Kerry and Gilroy gutted the team. You need to do the same.

Dublin team from the All Ireland final in 2011. In bold played against Kerry in 2009.

S Cluxton, C O'Sullivan, R O'Carroll, M Fitzsimons, J McCarthy, G Brennan, K Nolan (0-01), D Bastick (0-01), MD MacAuley, P Flynn, B Cahill, B Cullen, A Brogan, D Connolly, B Brogan

Most teams would make that amount of changes in two years however the biggest change with the Dublin team was the quality they brought into defence and MacAuley into midfield.

Midfield and defence is what Kildare need repairing they have won a few Leinster underage titles now they surely have some talent coming through to improve on todays performance.

Dont' agree because you've completely ignored where the surgery took place. There was plenty of media articles from 2003-2008 about Dublin and where their weakness was. A team's backbone comes from defence. Always has and always will.

Not sure what you think i am ignoring? I highlighted where the changes were made. After getting hammered by Tyrone 08 Kerry 09 Pat Gilroy and his management focused on making the Dublin defence more solid and it helped when you had the quality of O'Carroll,McCarthy etc to bring in.

Is the ref going to finally blow his whistle?... No, he's going to blow his nose

INDIANA

You said Kildare fans should be encouraged by a 27 point defeat, I think that proves you know nothin!!!!

I said I'd be quite encouraged by the performance which I stand by. There was plenty to be happy about and Dublin, with many future All Ireland winners in the team, got tanked by Kerry in 2009 so getting a bad beating doesn't always mean you've bad players. If you knew anything about football you'd know that but you clearly don't.

Dublin carried out radical surgery to the back 8 after that game Zulu. You can't just wash over a 27 point defeat . How you lose says a lot about a team in my view. And if you watch DOS's goals and the lack of application from some of the Kildare players. They just let it happen

Zulu

Quote from: Teo Lurley on August 02, 2015, 08:43:58 PM

There's plenty to be happy about in a 27 point defeat? Hahhahahhahaha Which part should they be happy about, scoring 10 points or only conceding 7 goals? You're a joke, almost as much as the Kildare footballers are!!!!

Again, as you're obviously a bit slow, I'm taking about the performance over 70 minutes. I've listed out players who played well and the areas which Kildare need to improve on but there was a lot good there today. I'm not surprised you can't grasp this concept but I'll not lose sleep over it.

Zulu

Quote from: INDIANA on August 02, 2015, 08:46:52 PM

Dublin carried out radical surgery to the back 8 after that game Zulu. You can't just wash over a 27 point defeat . How you lose says a lot about a team in my view. And if you watch DOS's goals and the lack of application from some of the Kildare players. They just let it happen

I'm not washing over it Indiana nor am I saying it was brilliant or anything but there was positives from today and the final result was definitely a bit skewed. Yes, they succumbed a bit easily when the goals started to go in but they aren't that bad.

I'm not saying Kildare were brilliant today or that they don't have issues just that they weren't as bad as the scoreline indicates and that there were good individual performances and passages of play which suggest that with a bit of improvement they will look a lot better than today.

Teo Lurley

Quote from: Zulu on August 02, 2015, 08:48:36 PM
Quote from: Teo Lurley on August 02, 2015, 08:43:58 PM

Again, as you're obviously a bit slow, I'm taking about the performance over 70 minutes. I've listed out players who played well and the areas which Kildare need to improve on but there was a lot good there today. I'm not surprised you can't grasp this concept but I'll not lose sleep over it.

I don't think anyone's getting this. A team loses by 27 points, only scores 10 points, concedes goals with barely touching their opponent and yet they should be "encouraged" and "happy". You're making a show of yourself here. :D

Zulu

Others are getting the point but I'm to surprised you're not.

Teo Lurley

Quote from: Zulu on August 02, 2015, 08:56:45 PM

You must be Lily, being a bit thick comes natural to that lot.

squire_in_navy_slacks

Quote from: Teo Lurley on August 02, 2015, 09:01:10 PM
Quote from: Zulu on August 02, 2015, 08:56:45 PM

You must be Lily, being a bit thick comes natural to that lot.

There's thicks in every county in this land, get on with it  ::)

Shamrock Shore

On reflection I am now happy with Longfords 27 pt defeat as well!

Kuwabatake Sanjuro

As  Kildare fan I'm hugely encouraged by today's scoreline. Had Kildare only taken a moderate hammering we would have been stuck with Ryan. Now we can look forward to a change of management and attempt to move in the right direction as a football team.

inexile

dreading the sunday game. But its like a drug. Will somebody put a sock in Tommy Carr's mouth

macdanger2

Quote from: INDIANA on August 02, 2015, 08:19:13 PM
Quote from: Blowitupref on August 02, 2015, 08:12:55 PM
Quote from: INDIANA on August 02, 2015, 06:59:17 PM
It's not a question of winning sometimes DH. Its how you lose sometimes can be as important as winning. A team that refuses to be beaten easily can evolve over time as better personnel become available.

team that throws in the towel will always throw in the towel regardless of whether better personnel becomes available or not. It becomes cultural. We did it in 2009 against Kerry and Gilroy gutted the team. You need to do the same.

Dublin team from the All Ireland final in 2011. In bold played against Kerry in 2009.

S Cluxton, C O'Sullivan, R O'Carroll, M Fitzsimons, J McCarthy, G Brennan, K Nolan (0-01), D Bastick (0-01), MD MacAuley, P Flynn, B Cahill, B Cullen, A Brogan, D Connolly, B Brogan

Most teams would make that amount of changes in two years however the biggest change with the Dublin team was the quality they brought into defence and MacAuley into midfield.

Midfield and defence is what Kildare need repairing they have won a few Leinster underage titles now they surely have some talent coming through to improve on todays performance.

Dont' agree because you've completely ignored where the surgery took place. There was plenty of media articles from 2003-2008 about Dublin and where their weakness was. A team's backbone comes from defence. Always has and always will.

Do you want a hand moving those goalposts or are you ok on your own?? I presume there's a similar story for the Cork 2010 team who had been on the back of a good few hammerings

You're some bullsh*t artist