Kerry v Kildare August 2nd Croke Park

Started by Dinny Breen, July 26, 2015, 10:56:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

David McKeown

Quote from: macdanger2 on August 02, 2015, 03:25:44 PM
Quote from: David McKeown on August 02, 2015, 03:19:29 PM
Quote from: Sidney on August 02, 2015, 02:53:30 PM
Quote from: Mayo4Sam14 on August 02, 2015, 02:31:26 PM
JOD looks in a bit of trouble, the shoulder again?
If he didn't dive so much, he probably wouldn't get injured.

In fairness to him he was fouled but probably was going down anyway

Never a foul, keeper got the ball cleanly

Yeah keeper got the ball cleanly then as O'Donoghue looses the ball the keeper uses his other hand to grab his ankle and trip him.  That hand been going away from O'Donoghue too until he lost the ball looked like he deliberately tripped him to me
2022 Allianz League Prediction Competition Winner

Ohtoohtobe

Feel absolutely humiliated but some of those laughing at us should remember we got further than 24 counties this year, won four championship games, three of them hammerings. The gulf between the teams taking it ultra-seriously and teams like us preparing to early-2000s standards is frightening.

Having said that some of today was pathetic mental weakness. There was five points in it with 30 minutes to go. One goalkeeping howler led to six goals in 18 minutes. I mean start a row, take black cards, do anything possible to salvage pride. There was a gap in class in the first 40 minutes but it wasn't a 27-point gap.

moysider

Quote from: yellowcard on August 02, 2015, 03:56:01 PM
That  was the single most impressive display of any side in this years championship by Kerry today, Fitzmaurice will have a few selection headaches for the semi final. However Kildare showed Kerry far too much respect and rolled over and had their tummies tickled. I'd say Ryan will be another manager to bite the bullet after that mauling today.

There's no surviving that. What a contrast to the ott celebrations after the Cork win.

sligoman2

Quote from: Ohtoohtobe on August 02, 2015, 04:09:38 PM
Feel absolutely humiliated but some of those laughing at us should remember we got further than 24 counties this year, won four championship games, three of them hammerings. The gulf between the teams taking it ultra-seriously and teams like us preparing to early-2000s standards is frightening.

Having said that some of today was pathetic mental weakness. There was five points in it with 30 minutes to go. One goalkeeping howler led to six goals in 18 minutes. I mean start a row, take black cards, do anything possible to salvage pride. There was a gap in class in the first 40 minutes but it wasn't a 27-point gap.
I feel your pain. Not fun getting mauled like that. Keep the head up as you said you made it further than most teams.
The gulf is widening all the time and I fear that some of the weaker teams may begin to lose interest and their supporters too.
I used to be indecisive but now I'm not too sure.

Maguire01

Quote from: sligoman2 on August 02, 2015, 04:16:43 PM
Quote from: Ohtoohtobe on August 02, 2015, 04:09:38 PM

I feel your pain. Not fun getting mauled like that. Keep the head up as you said you made it further than most teams.
Unless you get a provincial medal, you might as well go out early than get destroyed like that later on.

Sidney

Kildare can win an All-Ireland within five years.

Not a joke.

From the Bunker

Quote from: Sidney on August 02, 2015, 04:54:59 PM

Not a joke.

Will they have set up a 'B' competition within that time frame?

Captain Obvious

Quote from: Sidney on August 02, 2015, 04:54:59 PM

Not a joke.
underage level maybe, senior level no chance.

Donnellys Hollow

That was the mother and father of a hiding. Seriously hard to watch.
There's Seán Brady going in, what dya think Seán?

rrhf

How long will it take to get that minor team through.  I presume Ryan will probably take the heat for that.

macdanger2

Tough day for Kildare but ye have a few decent players there. Pity the heads dropped once the first goal went in

Premier Emperor

Kildare will be back pillaging counties like Tipperary after today.

INDIANA

Quote from: Donnellys Hollow on August 02, 2015, 05:44:24 PM

You won't win anything with those players DH. Outside Cribben, Kelly, Smith and Moolick the rest just gave up.

A horse that refuses a fence once will do it again. I would go as far to say some of those players shouldn't play county football for Kildare again.

rrhf

Speaking as a proud ulster man its shocking to see the mentally weak state of every other county when bending the knee to the traditional big 2.  Whilst we mightened have the footballers just at the moment to beat either we certainly aren't beaten before the game starts .fair play fermanagh, done gal,  monaghan and Tyrone.   

Donnellys Hollow

Quote from: INDIANA on August 02, 2015, 06:31:43 PM
Quote from: Donnellys Hollow on August 02, 2015, 05:44:24 PM

You won't win anything with those players DH. Outside Cribben, Kelly, Smith and Moolick the rest just gave up.

A horse that refuses a fence once will do it again. I would go as far to say some of those players shouldn't play county football for Kildare again.

We wouldn't be expecting to win anything with our current group of players. Most of what's there is the best we have and the standard of the club championship isn't too hectic. A few promising young players could come good in a few years but a lot of those lads went to the States this summer.

Ryan will get gate now but it's a psychiatrist rather than a manager that we need.
There's Seán Brady going in, what dya think Seán?