Meath vs Westmeath - Leinster Semi-Final 28/6/15 (Croke Park)

Started by thejuice, June 14, 2015, 11:25:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rossfan

[quote  ;D ;)author=Rudi link=topic=25906.msg1483731#msg1483731 date=1435510208]
Quote from: Rossfan on June 28, 2015, 03:47:27 PM
Grat stuff Westmeath!!
Not the better of it yet.
Ros players please copy.

+1 well done to the neighbours.
[/quote]

Syfín told stolen sheep that the Éire Óg under 12s would bate Westmeath ::)
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

Syferus

Quote from: Rossfan on June 28, 2015, 09:43:50 PM
[quote  ;D ;)author=Rudi link=topic=25906.msg1483731#msg1483731 date=1435510208]
Quote from: Rossfan on June 28, 2015, 03:47:27 PM
Grat stuff Westmeath!!
Not the better of it yet.
Ros players please copy.

+1 well done to the neighbours.

Syfín told stolen sheep that the Éire Óg under 12s would bate Westmeath ::)
[/quote]

If two teams can't defend it doesn't suddenly make one good just because they won. We can revisit this in August and we'll see how chirper you are then..

BluestackBoy

Just saw O'Rourke's challenge that got him sent off.

He could have done real & lasting damage to a man who, in all likelihood, has to go to work tomorrow & a lengthy ban is called for.

For what shall it profit a man if he gains the whole world & loses his soul.

INDIANA

Quote from: 5 Sams on June 28, 2015, 08:57:10 PM
Just watched the full game. Brilliant display by Westmeath in the last 10. Thon Heslin is a serious operator as is Martin.....he's virtually unstoppable...though Meath's defence was dire in the 2nd half.

he'll not get 1-4 from play off ROC. Fine player but Dublin will rip their defence to shreds unless they plug the holes

Main Street

I decided to watch a recording of the game, I very nearly didn't, finger was on the delete button for a 'long while'.
Superb performance by Westmeath, didn't panic on the restart, took their points and were just unstoppable when they got within 4 points.
Great day for Westmeath gaa fans.

blast05

Adding last 12 minutes of Westmeath v Wexford (1-9) and last 18 minutes today (2-9) ..... and Westmeath scored 3-18. Serious scoring
As for Heslin .... he actually had an uncharacteristic number of misses from play today. He once scored 2-16 in a county semi-final v Garrycastle in 2013 !!

sligoman2

Congratulations to Westmeath great second half and another great upset for the form book.
I used to be indecisive but now I'm not too sure.

orangeman

Quote from: BluestackBoy on June 28, 2015, 10:05:44 PM

He could have done real & lasting damage to a man who, in all likelihood, has to go to work tomorrow & a lengthy ban is called for.

And so has Paddyvto go to work too.

The online shite he is getting is crazy.

INDIANA

Quote from: orangeman on June 28, 2015, 11:11:52 PM

True the stuff up there is horrible- but Paddy has used social media to criticise Diarmuid Connolly in the past. I sincerely hope he's learned now it ain't so nice. Dunno why any players put themselves on public viewing on social media

5 Sams

Quote from: INDIANA on June 28, 2015, 10:12:53 PM
Quote from: 5 Sams on June 28, 2015, 08:57:10 PM
Just watched the full game. Brilliant display by Westmeath in the last 10. Thon Heslin is a serious operator as is Martin.....he's virtually unstoppable...though Meath's defence was dire in the 2nd half.

he'll not get 1-4 from play off ROC. Fine player but Dublin will rip their defence to shreds unless they plug the holes

I agree that's why I said Meath were dire. I don't know who or what are gonna stop your lads. Its the most interesting championship  in years already. We'll see how good Kerry are next Sunday, Donegal wobbled against Derry last night and Mayo are Mayo. That's why we love football. ;D ;D ;D
The Aristocrat Years

Jinxy

Also, the players noticeably ran out of puff in the last 10 minutes.
Eamonn Wallace was zipping around the place in the 1st half but looked about 5 yards slower in 2nd half.
He had a long lay-off so probably not match-fit anyway, but what's the excuse with the rest of them?
I'm banging this drum for years, WE ARE NOT FIT ENOUGH.
If you were any use you'd be playing.

squire_in_navy_slacks

Quote from: INDIANA on June 28, 2015, 11:32:33 PM
Quote from: orangeman on June 28, 2015, 11:11:52 PM

True the stuff up there is horrible- but Paddy has used social media to criticise Diarmuid Connolly in the past. I sincerely hope he's learned now it ain't so nice. Dunno why any players put themselves on public viewing on social media

+ 1 sensible thing for Paddy now would be to take a step back from social media

Jinxy

Never mind this Twitter shite.
Some random weirdo on a wind-up said he would 'knife' him and some other gobdaws called him a coward, sc**bag etc.
I'd be worried at how quickly after the game he started re-tweeting all this stuff.
Twitter is a godsend for loolahs and head the balls so either take the abuse and shut up about it or get off it altogether.
I'm actually embarrassed to be talking about this like we're dealing with a 14 year old kid instead of a 16 stone grown man who plays football for Meath.
If you were any use you'd be playing.

Sidney

Can't imagine Mick Lyons ever moaning about abuse on Twitter, somehow. Martin McHugh was right. Meath footballers are gone soft.

squire_in_navy_slacks

Quote from: Jinxy on June 28, 2015, 11:54:56 PM
Never mind this Twitter shite.
Some random weirdo on a wind-up said he would 'knife' him and some other gobdaws called him a coward, sc**bag etc.
I'd be worried at how quickly after the game he started re-tweeting all this stuff.
Twitter is a godsend for loolahs and head the balls so either take the abuse and shut up about it or get off it altogether.
I'm actually embarrassed to be talking about this like we're dealing with a 14 year old kid instead of a 16 stone grown man who plays football for Meath.

Spot on jinx, hopefully management have a swift word with him

I think it's very unfair to dismiss the Meath team as soft. I actually think they ran out of puff