Meath vs Westmeath - Leinster Semi-Final 28/6/15 (Croke Park)

Started by thejuice, June 14, 2015, 11:25:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

shark

Well that was just fantastic  :)

Have to go in to Leinster Final believing they can win.  Very unlikely, but have to believe or else there is 0% chance.  At the very worst, a second bite at the cherry to qualify for 1/4 final.  Fantastic  :)

manfromdelmonte

Quote from: hardstation on June 28, 2015, 06:41:16 PM
I thought the red card was harsh tbh.
Agree, probably a yellow card.
But the red was probably for dangerous play

AZOffaly

Well done Westmeath and congratulations to all the westmeath lads on here. Game of the  championship so far.

Jinxy

Well done to Westmeath for having the balls to go and grab the game off a team which thought the game was won and stopped playing.
It was like the Wexford game in 2008 all over again.
Could see it happening with 20 minutes to go and had no confidence in either the players or management to stop it.
If you were any use you'd be playing.

INDIANA

Fully deserved in my view. Looked for the man and followed right through. It was deliberate and dangerous in my view.

Sidney

Well that was just magnificent. An outstanding sporting occasion and proof that the championship structure is just fine as it is. Well done Westmeath.

These supporters certainly seemed to enjoy the moment and more power to them.

5 Sams

Just watched the full game. Brilliant display by Westmeath in the last 10. Thon Heslin is a serious operator as is Martin.....he's virtually unstoppable...though Meath's defence was dire in the 2nd half.
The Aristocrat Years

imtommygunn

Quote from: INDIANA on June 28, 2015, 08:28:20 PM

Fully deserved in my view. Looked for the man and followed right through. It was deliberate and dangerous in my view.

Red card all day long. Terrible tackle.

Very enjoyable game. Martin just seemed to decide that he was getting a score when he got the ball.

Harsh black card on reilly who is a serious operator.

Orior

Congratulations Westmeath!  Great entertainment, and glad I decided to stick and watch the second half.
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

Mayo Border

Don't agree Reilly's card was harsh. It wasn't a trip as such. He went in with studs to the legs. It was a cynical act and could in fact have been a red. Replay showed clearly what happened.

dublin7

Reilly's black card was harsh & changed the game. No sympathy for O'Rourke. New exactly what he was doing, straight red card all day long. New exactly what he was doing goin in with his elbow

AZOffaly

Quote from: Mayo Border on June 28, 2015, 09:31:40 PM
Don't agree Reilly's card was harsh. It wasn't a trip as such. He went in with studs to the legs. It was a cynical act and could in fact have been a red. Replay showed clearly what happened.

It was a trip,with the left foot on the mans shin, that's why he was holding it. He never touched him with his studs.

seafoid

Quote from: Orior on June 28, 2015, 09:21:00 PM
Congratulations Westmeath!  Great entertainment, and glad I decided to stick and watch the second half.
Great to see them doing so well.