Armagh v Donegal USFC 14/06/2015

Started by Agent Orange, May 17, 2015, 06:31:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JoG2

Quote from: Walter Cronc on June 12, 2015, 01:07:35 PM
Quote from: JoG2 on June 12, 2015, 01:02:34 PM
Quote from: illdecide on June 12, 2015, 11:43:03 AM
Quote from: Applesisapples on June 12, 2015, 11:10:25 AM
Why do a lot of you ignore James Morgan in team selections? Charlie Vernon is a serious footballer and if tasked with Murphy I'd say he will be up to it. I just have an inkling for Armagh. That said Donegal are a serious team, although I think they are on the down slope. It just depends how far up the other side Armagh have got to.

I agree Apples...I think Donegal are weaker this year than previous years and it's just a wait and see if Armagh has progressed from last year. I also agree about J Morgan and he'd be in my team. I think he's perfect for McBrearty and can nullify him out of the game, if Big Charles can keep Murphy relatively quiet Armagh will win this

he'll need backup obviously, he goes 1 on 1 with McBrearty he'll get roasted. You'll have to double team McFadden and Murphy as well. Keep an eye on the runners from the half back line and stop MacNiallais getting on the ball. Clarke will do well to get a point from open play. Armagh are really up against it, but on the day in championship football, anything can happen

He marked the Gooch (1 on 1) for Cross as a cub and never got roasted Jo!

we'll see. Would be madness to go 1 on 1 the kind of form he's in imo.  The frequency and speed of balls into him will be different than in a winter club match Walt.

Walter Cronc

Quote from: JoG2 on June 12, 2015, 02:04:29 PM
Why do a lot of you ignore James Morgan in team selections? Charlie Vernon is a serious footballer and if tasked with Murphy I'd say he will be up to it. I just have an inkling for Armagh. That said Donegal are a serious team, although I think they are on the down slope. It just depends how far up the other side Armagh have got to.

I agree Apples...I think Donegal are weaker this year than previous years and it's just a wait and see if Armagh has progressed from last year. I also agree about J Morgan and he'd be in my team. I think he's perfect for McBrearty and can nullify him out of the game, if Big Charles can keep Murphy relatively quiet Armagh will win this

he'll need backup obviously, he goes 1 on 1 with McBrearty he'll get roasted. You'll have to double team McFadden and Murphy as well. Keep an eye on the runners from the half back line and stop MacNiallais getting on the ball. Clarke will do well to get a point from open play. Armagh are really up against it, but on the day in championship football, anything can happen

we'll see. Would be madness to go 1 on 1 the kind of form he's in imo.  The frequency and speed of balls into him will be different than in a winter club match Walt.

True. Bit of a difference in arguably the greatest forward to ever grace the game and McBrearty all the same!

JoG2

Quote from: Walter Cronc on June 12, 2015, 02:06:57 PM

True. Bit of a difference in arguably the greatest forward to ever grace the game and McBrearty all the same!

True, though McBrearty will be playing a lot closer to goals

Anyways, we'll see on Sunday. Looking forward to it (as are all the Dubliners on here,  secretly)

redhandefender

Quote from: JoG2 on June 12, 2015, 03:01:33 PM
Quote from: Walter Cronc on June 12, 2015, 02:06:57 PM

True, though McBrearty will be playing a lot closer to goals

Anyways, we'll see on Sunday. Looking forward to it (as are all the Dubliners on here,  secretly)

Morgan was very poor against Omagh last year and got taking off very early if I remember correctly.

Can't see past Donegal, people talking on here of their demise are badly mistaken. they started off slow last year to. For the few weaknesses they showed against tyrone we still couldn't break them down in second half.

I think they will win by 3 or 4, Vernon wont be fit for murphy

ardchieftain

Is anyone else getting a feeling of deja vu? !999.................................

BennyCake

Quote from: ardchieftain on June 12, 2015, 03:58:52 PM
Is anyone else getting a feeling of deja vu? !999.................................

In what way?

illdecide

Russian president Boris Yeltsin survives impeachment hearings (May), reshuffles his cabinet twice (May, Aug.), and takes military action against Islamic separatists in Dagestan and Chechnya. Background: 1999 in Review.

Nelson Mandela, first black president of South Africa, steps down (June 16), and Thabo Mbeki takes over.

War erupts in Kosovo after Yugoslavia's president Slobodan Milosevic clamps down on the province, massacring and deporting ethnic Albanians. NATO begins  Operation Allied Force on March 24, 1999, launching air strikes against Belgrade for 78 consecutive days until Milosevic relents. Background: Timeline: The Splintering of Kosovo and Timeline: NATO in Kosovo.

Magnitude 7.4 earthquake kills more than 15,600 and leaves 600,000 homeless in Turkey (Aug. 17).

East Timor population votes for independence from Indonesia (Aug. 30, 1999), which causes  pro-Indonesian forces to massacre and uproot thousands of East Timorese.

Pakistani government is overthrown in the midst of economic strife and intensified fighting with India over Kashmir (Oct. 12). Background: 1999 in Review.

The world awaits the consequences of the Y2K bug, with more drastic millennial theorists warning of Armageddon.

I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

Conallach

Lads, any recommendations for a good, supporter-friendly pub in Armagh city to watch the Galway-Mayo match in afterwards?

The Iceman

you'd be welcome anywhere - Red Neds is as good as you'll find - short walk from the field.
I will always keep myself mentally alert, physically strong and morally straight

J70

Yeah, I wouldn't be shocked if this ended in a draw either.  ;)

Conallach

Quote from: The Iceman on June 12, 2015, 05:50:25 PM
you'd be welcome anywhere - Red Neds is as good as you'll find - short walk from the field.

Sounds perfect a chara, I'll head in there afterwards!

Always liked Armagh ones, we got a great many of you in Rann na Feirste over the years, including a couple of lads that I hope have an awful day Sunday, and a fine remainder of the summer.  :D

topcuppla

Quote from: redhandefender on June 12, 2015, 03:36:17 PM

Morgan was very poor against Omagh last year and got taking off very early if I remember correctly.

Can't see past Donegal, people talking on here of their demise are badly mistaken. they started off slow last year to. For the few weaknesses they showed against tyrone we still couldn't break them down in second half.

I think they will win by 3 or 4, Vernon wont be fit for murphy

Ah Shane dry them, Charlie will give him all he wants.

trentoneill15

I suppose I will support Armagh due to the lough shore connection, lough shore barbarians have to stick together. greetings from Derry

Throw ball

Quote from: The Iceman on June 12, 2015, 05:50:25 PM

Not quite anywhere! The Ogs club beside the pitch will be buzzing. Walking back to the town you could try the Toby Jug and then Red Neds (oneils). If you cannot get in there walk to the far end of the town and try Devlin's or McKennas. Do not venture into pubs in Scotch Street or Barrack Street.

twohands!!!