Donegal v Tyrone Sun 17 May

Started by tyroneman, April 18, 2015, 07:57:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

longballin

This culture has been fostered for a number of years and no coaches demanded the players stop... Harte was happy to let it continue on his watch. Is not enough to say you don't coach it. Is an onus to stop it. Now we have this from a young player... it is sickeneing.

DermyTDredi

Quote from: longballin on May 22, 2015, 09:25:45 AM
This culture has been fostered for a number of years and no coaches demanded the players stop... Harte was happy to let it continue on his watch. Is not enough to say you don't coach it. Is an onus to stop it. Now we have this from a young player... it is sickeneing.

Very blinkered and naive view to think that one manager from one county and a few players are the only ones...bordering on stupid to he honest and Im not trying to offend you by saying that....

That you dont like Tyrone, thats fine...i personally couldn't give a f**k what you think about tyrone...but to put the blame on one man, regardless of who he is...to say that its ONLY tyrone is just stupid

blewuporstuffed

Quote from: omagh_gael on May 22, 2015, 12:14:23 AM
Absolutely disgusting, the players involved should hang their heads in shame. Shouldn't be let near a Tyrone jersey again.
I agree, if there is any truth in this, its as low as they come.
Its very hard to stamp out this, as its very hard to prove either way to be able to hand out suspensions.
The unfortunate thing is that Tyrone are now out of the minor championship, as the best way to deal with it and send out the right message would have been for the minor management to 'suspend' the player themselves.
Unfortunatly, they wont have that option now.
If there isnt any truth in it, spreading that kind of gossip in the papers is equally as bad as the alledged offense itself.
I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow doesn't look good either

INDIANA

Quote from: DermyTDredi on May 22, 2015, 09:13:10 AM
Quote from: INDIANA on May 22, 2015, 09:05:35 AM
Quote from: DermyTDredi on May 22, 2015, 08:31:34 AM
Lads - take a run through the posts and do a count on the number of times you read "If this is true..."

work out the rest from there

Take a look through the posts and shake your head in shame at your posts above .

You guys run around on the moral high ground until your noses bleed but I hate to disappoint you on this:
- we don't coach this shit in Tyrone
- we don't condone it in Tyrone
- every sport is at their worst
- every county is at their worst

Shake my head in shame at what? at the fact that you are the only perfect GAA fan on this site? That Tyrone are the ONLY county?

FOR f**k SAKE GROW UP - i have yet to see a Tyrone or Ulster GAA Fan celebrate the news headlines this last few days, but if you are telling me that I should believe everything that i read in a newspaper or what i hear on the radio, then I'm not prepared to debate f**k all with someone like you

Minors , u21s and seniors and lower. But it's not organised. My arse it isn't. Now it's systemic in the game especially in Ulster . What's next . How much lower can the game sink

blewuporstuffed

Quote from: INDIANA on May 22, 2015, 09:43:15 AM
Lads - take a run through the posts and do a count on the number of times you read "If this is true..."

Take a look through the posts and shake your head in shame at your posts above .

You guys run around on the moral high ground until your noses bleed but I hate to disappoint you on this:

Shake my head in shame at what? at the fact that you are the only perfect GAA fan on this site? That Tyrone are the ONLY county?

FOR f**k SAKE GROW UP - i have yet to see a Tyrone or Ulster GAA Fan celebrate the news headlines this last few days, but if you are telling me that I should believe everything that i read in a newspaper or what i hear on the radio, then I'm not prepared to debate f**k all with someone like you

Minors , u21s and seniors and lower. But it's not organised. My arse it isn't. Now it's systemic in the game especially in Ulster . What's next . How much lower can the game sink
Indianna, how exactly do you think this is 'organised'?
You think we run 'mouthing' sessions up in garvaghy.or therea re courses on sledgeing and opponent?
Serious question,do you really think that is is actually coached?????   :-\
I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow doesn't look good either

highorlow

QuoteThe county board PR and leadership needs to step up and offer an apology on behalf of the county to donegal and the lad and his family, embarrassed to be a tyrone gael after seeing this story break

QuoteMinors, u21s , seniors.

But it's not organised of course. Who disagrees with me now ?

Yes where are the sledger defenders now. Many lads came on here and said people were getting carried away and reactionary to last weeks game. It has no place in the game, end of.

Croke Park need to urgently come up with a retrospective punishment rule and fine teams and donate the cash to a charity organization. If even one man is suspected then the whole team gets a fine and a big one. That will put manners on everyone.
They get momentum, they go mad, here they go

Jinxy

Quote from: DermyTDredi on May 22, 2015, 08:29:08 AM
Emotions run high in championship games - these Minor fellas are still maturing and they all have plenty of learning to do.

And no doubt those Tyrone lads have learned a valuable lesson.
How were they to know that goading an opposition player about his deceased father could be so hurtful?
They're not taught this stuff in school.
If you were any use you'd be playing.

DermyTDredi

Quote from: Jinxy on May 22, 2015, 09:52:11 AM
Quote from: DermyTDredi on May 22, 2015, 08:29:08 AM
Emotions run high in championship games - these Minor fellas are still maturing and they all have plenty of learning to do.

And no doubt those Tyrone lads have learned a valuable lesson.
How were they to know that goading an opposition player about his deceased father could be so hurtful?
They're not taught this stuff in school.

You are working on the basis that EVERYTHING in the paper is 100% true...imagine if it wasn't, eh?

DermyTDredi

Quote from: blewuporstuffed on May 22, 2015, 09:47:23 AM

You think we run 'mouthing' sessions up in garvaghy.or therea re courses on sledgeing and opponent?

The lad evidently hasn't a clue...its coached at home first, then mass, in the young-fianna, on manoeuvres, THEN primary school, grammar and then the new academy set up

AZOffaly

Lads, it doesn't have to be coached. Don't be disingenuous. All the coach has to say is 'Do whatever it takes to get into his head and put him off' and these things take off themselves.

What needs to happen here is the coaches have to actively coach it OUT of the game. In Tyrone, in Offaly, in Dublin and everywhere else. And I include the gesticulations, shouting and in your face stuff after a score/miss/mistake which is also designed to get the recipient to lash out. It's all bollox.

And lads, no matter how much ye like winding the Tyrone lads, it is NOT just in Tyrone.

Aaron Boone

Tyrone need a root & branch clear-out.

They should close down like the News of the World did and reinvent themselves at a later date.

DermyTDredi

Quote from: AZOffaly on May 22, 2015, 10:16:40 AM
Lads, it doesn't have to be coached. Don't be disingenuous. All the coach has to say is 'Do whatever it takes to get into his head and put him off' and these things take off themselves.

What needs to happen here is the coaches have to actively coach it OUT of the game. In Tyrone, in Offaly, in Dublin and everywhere else. And I include the gesticulations, shouting and in your face stuff after a score/miss/mistake which is also designed to get the recipient to lash out. It's all bollox.

And lads, no matter how much ye like winding the Tyrone lads, it is NOT just in Tyrone.

AZ Personally I dont mind the winding up (sledging, if you will) at all - its the overt stupidity that is hardest to deal with.

Coaching it out of the game is as refreshing and sensible solution to a UNIVERSAL ill

longballin

I've no doubt it not coached but it hasn't been stopped by managers and coaches who obviosuly knew it was going on. A tacid endorsement. Tyrone don't have the monopoly on it... not a chance. Donaghy, Billy Sheehan... ,   

INDIANA

Quote from: DermyTDredi on May 22, 2015, 10:14:00 AM
Quote from: blewuporstuffed on May 22, 2015, 09:47:23 AM

The lad evidently hasn't a clue...its coached at home first, then mass, in the young-fianna, on manoeuvres, THEN primary school, grammar and then the new academy set up

It is systemically engrained in Tyrones football culture. The problem as we saw last Sunday is that it has spread to the rest of Ulster and probably beyond. A low point for the game.

J70

Quote from: omaghjoe on May 22, 2015, 12:28:58 AM
As I said there is only one county that there is concrete evidence of this being coached... and that's Donegal.

Concrete evidence?