Donegal v Tyrone Sun 17 May

Started by tyroneman, April 18, 2015, 07:57:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

omaghjoe

Quote from: tippabu on May 22, 2015, 12:45:39 AM
Quote from: omaghjoe on May 22, 2015, 12:41:57 AM
You gotta wonder what the purpose of this is?

Is this all a case oneupmanship?

Where Declan Bonner and Brendan Devenny thinking about the players welfare when they plastered this across the national press? Did they even ask him permission before going public?

The very same thing was carried out by the Donegal senior team in 2011 and there has not been a murmur about it from the Tyrone camp

well if it did happen, the last thing that should be done is to say nothing and just carry on as if nothing happened. if donegal players did the same thing against tyrone in 2011 then tyrone should have spoken out against it, its sickening and people shouldnt get away with it

Listen there is no proof of anything, the only people that know anything for sure are the players involved.

Same as this case there is no proof of anything and of course the players involved are going to deny it so why put this kid thru the stress of appearing like he may be lying.
It was the same thing with the bitegate. You get the sense that Paddy McBearty wanted to forget about the whole thing and that Jim McGuinness was using it as some some sort of crusade to demonstrate to the rest of his players how much he cared about his guys. And with his background in sports physcology you really gotta be suspicious that McGuinness had an ulterior motive

My opinion is leave it all on the pitch, if someone was mouthing like that, they should get floored no questions asked, I'd deal with consequences, football isn't that important sometimes. Although in this case I would likely pay a visit to their house afterwards as well!

Put Up That Flag

Quote from: tippabu on May 22, 2015, 12:25:52 AM
Are these players being told to go out and get dirt or something personal about players to use or are players bringing it upon themselves to without anyone giving them "tips of the trade" to get information? Its happening at senior, under 21, minor. They aggressively denied that it is being coached but for me its far too common. My guess would be that these players are told to simply try and find out something that will put an opponent off their game and that its left to the player then

Well said,  it is rife in all their teams so surely not a coincidence.  Its the only way they have a chance of winning but even still it didn't work for their minors.

general_lee

Quote from: omaghjoe on May 22, 2015, 03:07:32 AM
My opinion is leave it all on the pitch, if someone was mouthing like that, they should get floored no questions asked, I'd deal with consequences, football isn't that important sometimes. Although in this case I would likely pay a visit to their house afterwards as well!
I would agree to a certain extent however it involves minor players. If it was in the senior match then fair enough deal with it privately yourself or collectively with your teammates and approach it however necessary, get your retribution if need be... but with lads at 17/18 years they need to be educated if anything. I'm sure the Tyrone lads in question aren't feeling too chirpy in the aftermath regardless of their defeat.

INDIANA

Minors, u21s , seniors.

But it's not organised of course. Who disagrees with me now ?

Syferus

Where Declan Bonner and Brendan Devenny thinking about the players welfare when they plastered this across the national press? Did they even ask him permission before going public?

The very same thing was carried out by the Donegal senior team in 2011 and there has not been a murmur about it from the Tyrone camp

This needed to be put in the public domain to wake some sections of Tyrone and make them realise this toxic behaviour needs to be actively guarded against. There is zero chance that Tyrone's IC coaches are trying their damnest to stop players making a show of themselves and their county and they then go out and do just that. Stop playing the blame game and do something about your own lot.

macdanger2

The Donegal lad should have decked him, get the line and when he's asked afterwards what happened, say exactly what yer man said to him. Would leave no doubt as to the identity of the person involved

nrico2006

What happened in 2011?  Any evidence to back up the Donegal managers claim? 
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

tonto1888

Quote from: Put Up That Flag on May 21, 2015, 10:06:46 PM
I see Tyrone tramps still discussing the beating they got at the weekend, you would imagine ye would be ashamed of yereselves after what Tyrone minors said at the weekend,  ye are the scumiest, dirtiest, most detested county that ever played the sport. Sooner ye are knocked out of the championship the better. Hopefully the national media will run with Declan Bonners comments and the whole country see ye for what ye are.

I seem to have missed Declan Bonner's comments, has anyone a link to them?

tonto1888

Quote from: tonto1888 on May 22, 2015, 08:21:01 AM
Quote from: Put Up That Flag on May 21, 2015, 10:06:46 PM
I see Tyrone tramps still discussing the beating they got at the weekend, you would imagine ye would be ashamed of yereselves after what Tyrone minors said at the weekend,  ye are the scumiest, dirtiest, most detested county that ever played the sport. Sooner ye are knocked out of the championship the better. Hopefully the national media will run with Declan Bonners comments and the whole country see ye for what ye are.

I seem to have missed Declan Bonner's comments, has anyone a link to them?

Never mind, Ive just seen them and iof true that is disgusting. However, I refuse to belive that a manager has instructed his players to go out and do that

DermyTDredi

Emotions run high in championship games - these Minor fellas are still maturing and they all have plenty of learning to do.

The journalists are a different breed and have little to learn - Brendan Devinney is a decent enough fella trying to make a name for himself in journalism, and this is a home grown story which gives him the chance to get an "exclusive" out there...the same fella would have sledged the balls of you...Ive been on pints with him and he knows the craic.

Last weeks game provided us with two of the so-called dirtiest teams around, yet provided a fairly decent game, and guess what...NO Calls for any rule changes? The media would have been looking at this game as the greatest opportunity to highlight the need for rule changes...but the game gave them nothing to write about....so they take the incident in the tunnel and turn it into a scene from Ferguson. They then turn Justin McMahon s performance into Silence of the lambs....and now some "he-said, she said" narrative that we will never really hear the honest version off...

The newspapers have all taken a guttural turn - all dumbing down to a level where everything is based on the Joe Brolly "a man i know said.." routine....

I'd say they will be champing at the bit to but another knife into Ulster after this weekend...

Sledging will be a part of the game - and indeed all field sports - until the lads start wearing microphones.
And then when the mic comes in.....

"You're a w**ker" = ticking
"I've rid your sister" = black card
"Id LIKE To ride your sister" = yellow card
"Can i ride your sister?" = red card

Blad de blah de blah

DermyTDredi

Lads - take a run through the posts and do a count on the number of times you read "If this is true..."

work out the rest from there

INDIANA

Quote from: DermyTDredi on May 22, 2015, 08:31:34 AM
Lads - take a run through the posts and do a count on the number of times you read "If this is true..."

Take a look through the posts and shake your head in shame at your posts above .

Walter Cronc

The main difference being teenagers and grown men. But sure your club were at it in the Ulster club final continually. No coincidence at all!!

DermyTDredi

Quote from: INDIANA on May 22, 2015, 09:05:35 AM
Quote from: DermyTDredi on May 22, 2015, 08:31:34 AM

Take a look through the posts and shake your head in shame at your posts above .

You guys run around on the moral high ground until your noses bleed but I hate to disappoint you on this:
- we don't coach this shit in Tyrone
- we don't condone it in Tyrone
- every sport is at their worst
- every county is at their worst

Shake my head in shame at what? at the fact that you are the only perfect GAA fan on this site? That Tyrone are the ONLY county?

FOR f**k SAKE GROW UP - i have yet to see a Tyrone or Ulster GAA Fan celebrate the news headlines this last few days, but if you are telling me that I should believe everything that i read in a newspaper or what i hear on the radio, then I'm not prepared to debate f**k all with someone like you

screenexile

Quote from: omagh_gael on May 22, 2015, 12:14:23 AM
Absolutely disgusting, the players involved should hang their heads in shame. Shouldn't be let near a Tyrone jersey again.

Fair play. . . the only decent Tyrone supporter here to call it like it is!!