Donegal v Tyrone Sun 17 May

Started by tyroneman, April 18, 2015, 07:57:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Club Rossa

Would agree Archie,very poor form.

Armamike

Is this what its come to? A tr**p like that needs sorting out by his own teammates if they've anything about them.
That's just, like your opinion man.

omaghjoe

Disgraceful stuff...

I'm sure Devenney will also be as aggrieved with his teammates on the Donegal seniors who were at the very same thing in 2011?

omagh_gael

Absolutely disgusting, the players involved should hang their heads in shame. Shouldn't be let near a Tyrone jersey again.

Throw ball

No doubt this is as low as you can get. The report suggests that it is two players involved which makes it even worse. Your heart can but feel for the young Donegal player.

We should also remember that the aggressors are most youngsters themselves. As much as they need punished they also need educated. What we need is this to be a watershed for the extinction of this type of behaviour.

tippabu

Are these players being told to go out and get dirt or something personal about players to use or are players bringing it upon themselves to without anyone giving them "tips of the trade" to get information? Its happening at senior, under 21, minor. They aggressively denied that it is being coached but for me its far too common. My guess would be that these players are told to simply try and find out something that will put an opponent off their game and that its left to the player then

omaghjoe

As I said there is only one county that there is concrete evidence of this being coached... and that's Donegal.

BennyHarp

If true, this is just totally beyond the pale. As the organisation in charge of the coaches who have a duty of care to these underage players, the Tyrone county board should investigate this and take action to show that this sort of behaviour is just not acceptable.
That was never a square ball!!

Scoring Zone

Quote from: Throw ball on May 22, 2015, 12:15:08 AM
No doubt this is as low as you can get. The report suggests that it is two players involved which makes it even worse. Your heart can but feel for the young Donegal player.

We should also remember that the aggressors are most youngsters themselves. As much as they need punished they also need educated. What we need is this to be a watershed for the extinction of this type of behaviour.

Completely correct in the watershed comment - players should be named, shamed and a massive example made of them. As well as a serious consideration of the management, I recall a sketch from that moron Corey (the so-called comedian) on the lead up to the minor final against Mayo a few years ago, and to call it classless and totally disgusting would be an understatement and it was condoned. The county board PR and leadership needs to step up and offer an apology on behalf of the county to donegal and the lad and his family, embarrassed to be a tyrone gael after seeing this story break.

BennyHarp

Quote from: tippabu on May 22, 2015, 12:25:52 AM
Are these players being told to go out and get dirt or something personal about players to use or are players bringing it upon themselves to without anyone giving them "tips of the trade" to get information? Its happening at senior, under 21, minor. They aggressively denied that it is being coached but for me its far too common. My guess would be that these players are told to simply try and find out something that will put an opponent off their game and that its left to the player then

Grow up!
That was never a square ball!!

tippabu

Quote from: BennyHarp on May 22, 2015, 12:32:10 AM
Quote from: tippabu on May 22, 2015, 12:25:52 AM

Grow up!

where is it all stemming from? just a different culture? Is it just so common up there that these young lads dont need to be told? Genuinely would like to know peoples thoughts on the reasons for it being so widespread

omaghjoe

You gotta wonder what the purpose of this is?

Is this all a case oneupmanship?

Where Declan Bonner and Brendan Devenny thinking about the players welfare when they plastered this across the national press? Did they even ask him permission before going public?

The very same thing was carried out by the Donegal senior team in 2011 and there has not been a murmur about it from the Tyrone camp

tippabu

Quote from: omaghjoe on May 22, 2015, 12:41:57 AM
You gotta wonder what the purpose of this is?

Is this all a case oneupmanship?

Where Declan Bonner and Brendan Devenny thinking about the players welfare when they plastered this across the national press? Did they even ask him permission before going public?

The very same thing was carried out by the Donegal senior team in 2011 and there has not been a murmur about it from the Tyrone camp

well if it did happen, the last thing that should be done is to say nothing and just carry on as if nothing happened. if donegal players did the same thing against tyrone in 2011 then tyrone should have spoken out against it, its sickening and people shouldnt get away with it

SkillfulBill

Quote from: BennyHarp on May 22, 2015, 12:30:43 AM
If true, this is just totally beyond the pale. As the organisation in charge of the coaches who have a duty of care to these underage players, the Tyrone county board should investigate this and take action to show that this sort of behaviour is just not acceptable.

+1 If this did happen this is way beyond decent behaviour. Tyrone county board need to investigate these allegations fully and any player found to be involved should never wear the Tyrone colours again. I for one could not defend this on the basis of what happened in 2011 which was also beyond any decent behaviour. No game is worth bringing yourself down to that level. Playing for your county is an honour and when you pull on that jersey you are representing your county club and community and stooping to such low depths is sickening.