The Connaught Thread

Started by Croí na hÉireann, February 17, 2015, 10:28:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

giveballaghback

Like I said let the roaring begin,
most of the rhubarb replies have been total bs  and I cant understand why they get so excited every time the issue is mentioned, there is only one issue here and it is this,
that any one from ballagh that wants to declare for ros should be entitled to do so.
Thats not asking much but those great democrats from mayo wont allow this. Surely if ye allowed this no player in their right minds would declare for an inferior county like ros so what have ye to be afraid of?
Ye may ask how can this work but if there was agreement from mayo I am sure it could be accommodated.
Or are the Rossies in ballagh that important to ye.
Dont go raving and shouting other bs in yere answers just address the issue I have raised or are ye afraid to do so?

muppet

Quote from: Rossfan on February 21, 2015, 06:49:38 PM
Those bitter rhubarbs will never win Sam while they have Ballagh affiliated to them.
There is a Higher Power that looks after these things.
We all know God is a Rossie. ;) - from Croghan I believe.

Well the Holy Trinity play up front for ye.  ;D
MWWSI 2017

Shrewdness

Why is that many of the Mayo posters have to pollute threads with anti- Roscommon bullshit.?. It's very disappointing

larryin89

Quote from: Shrewdness on February 21, 2015, 10:18:57 PM
Why is that many of the Mayo posters have to pollute threads with anti- Roscommon bullshit.?. It's very disappointing

Giveballaghback poster was the derailer who posted first with the Ballagh shite and of course your going to get a response.

It is getting boring now tbh. Look it's common knowledge Ye are fairly confident in taking connacht this year , hopefully we get a chance to play ye but we have a massive challange in Galway to contend with first .
Walk-in down mchale rd , sun out, summers day , game day . That's all .

Farrandeelin

To be fair to giveballaghback he has a point, about Rossies in Ballaghaderreen who can't play for Ros. I don't know how the issue will be resolved as they COULD play for Ros, but the club would be under the auspices of Mayo at administration level. They would have to forego one or the other if Ballagh and Ros games clashed. Which brings us back to the vote taken at Conn Council level back before my time I do believe...
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

muppet

Quote from: Shrewdness on February 21, 2015, 10:18:57 PM

Why don't you call out the handful of idiots from Ros doing this, and we should do the same.

I'll start with 'Put up that flag'.

Have a look at all of his 38 posts so far: http://gaaboard.com/board/index.php?action=profile;area=showposts;u=12009

Obsession doesn't even begin to describe it.
MWWSI 2017

Lar Naparka

Quote from: Syferus on February 21, 2015, 05:10:19 PM
Quote from: muppet on February 21, 2015, 04:24:46 PM
Quote from: giveballaghback on February 21, 2015, 02:17:53 PM
Farrendeen biting and muppet coming back for more, this new fishing rod is great, by the way a club to play their football in roscommon was being formed some years ago but mayo took it to connacht council and got it stopped, Sligo voted with Ros, Leitrim voted with Mayo and Galway had the deciding votes and sided with Mayo, so a Roscommon mans right to play for the county of his birth was taken away by those great democrats in the connacht council boardroom at the behest of the Mayo lobby, I feel that at the time if a legal challenge was taken our case would have been upheld, everything that the gaa stands for is being denied here ie club county parish, and i would not deny any ballagh man his right to play for mayo of he so wishes, but if a ballagh man wants to play for the county of their birth then that right should also be upheld and if this was the case many of your county stars over the years would have chosen the primrose and blue, let the roaring begin.

Yes everything the GAA stands for is about a landlord moving his town from one county to another to avoid paying tax? Your county council territory benefitted from a tax-exile, your GAA territory didn't. But you want to have your Cake and eat him. Your name actually suggests giving back to Mayo county council what was taken from their old territory. I would support you in that.

And I really wish you took that legal challenge. That would have been a good laugh.

You'll find that the courts generally allow organisations to follow their own procedures, unless they stray into territory such as human rights or the constitution etc.

Forcing players to play county for the House of Pain when they're from their nearest neighbours is a human rights issue.

The Ballagh GAA club swallows up Roscommon sports grants. It only suits them to say they're Mayo when the money men aren't calling.
God between us and small farms but ye are at it again! ;D ;D
Of course there is a human rights issue here; ye shower don't grasp the concept of democracy, do ye?
Ballagh GAA club doesn't want to play with you, plain and simple. Never did and never will. Ye have had six generations to try and persuade them to abandon their birthright and lower their standards and it's got you nowhere.
You know and I know that it's up to the club members to decide where Ballagh plays its football and that's their democratic right.
Now you want the County Council to intervene on your behalf and withhold their lawful grants unless they knuckle under and submit to tyranny of the lowest order. What about the GAA being above politics and all that crap?
If I were you, I'd be embarrassed to admit I was from Roscommon, never mind annoying your long-suffering, tolerant neighbours, bleating for something you never had and never will.
Nil Carborundum Illegitemi

Rossfan

If ye want to win Sam ye will disaffiliate the Ballagh backwardness club.
Simple as that.
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

Lar Naparka

Quote from: Farrandeelin on February 21, 2015, 10:30:31 PM
To be fair to giveballaghback he has a point, about Rossies in Ballaghaderreen who can't play for Ros. I don't know how the issue will be resolved as they COULD play for Ros, but the club would be under the auspices of Mayo at administration level. They would have to forego one or the other if Ballagh and Ros games clashed. Which brings us back to the vote taken at Conn Council level back before my time I do believe...

Now, now Farr, keep the faith and resist the blandishments of the heathens. ;D
Those in Ballaghadereen who wish to transfer the club to Roscommon,  know damn well what has to be done. Let them shut up, join up and see if they can raise a majority.
Can players in Knockmore transfer to Ballina or Crossmolina if they don't like something or other in your club?
It's exactly the same situation here as civil administration units (counties) don't come into it. It just generally works out that way but parish boundaries take precedence over county ones if anomalies exist.
These buckeens who keep blabbering away here just don't get it. The club had democratically decided to remain with Mayo over six generations ago and that's their entitlement as a change of boundary doesn't force them to automatically follow suit. The GAA prides itself on remaining aloof from politics and won't interfere, nor should it.

weareros

Quote from: Lar Naparka on February 22, 2015, 12:15:38 AM

Those in Ballaghadereen who wish to transfer the club to Roscommon,  know damn well what has to be done. Let them shut up, join up and see if they can raise a majority.
Can players in Knockmore transfer to Ballina or Crossmolina if they don't like something or other in your club?
It's exactly the same situation here as civil administration units (counties) don't come into it. It just generally works out that way but parish boundaries take precedence over county ones if anomalies exist.
These buckeens who keep blabbering away here just don't get it. The club had democratically decided to remain with Mayo over six generations ago and that's their entitlement as a change of boundary doesn't force them to automatically follow suit. The GAA prides itself on remaining aloof from politics and won't interfere, nor should it.

First of all Roscommon people in Ballaghaderreen do not want to transfer the club to Roscommon. That has never been the issue and is just used like you have done to muddy the waters. Let the club stay in Mayo until the end of time. It's a Mayo club, always was and always will be. What you have posted is utter rubbish. We are Roscommon men and women because we are Ballagh. We should not  have to become Frenchpark men or Castlerea men or Loughglynn men to represent our county, when we already live in Roscommon. There's nothing more insulting than outsiders telling us to transfer to another club in Roscommon, never having to live through that situation themselves. Ballagh is our hometown and it's as a Ballaghman that I support Ros.

macdanger2

Good man Lar, you have the patience of a saint dealing with these luders

Farrandeelin

Ballaghaderreen, it's a fine town since the bypass!  ;)
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

Rossfan

And will be better when the GAA club sheds its evil backwardness.
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

Syferus

Their best manager in 40 years was a Strokestown man so they are making some progress.

Lar Naparka

Quote from: macdanger2 on February 22, 2015, 10:56:24 AM

Good man Lar, you have the patience of a saint dealing with these luders
Ya know what?
'Twas often said about me in my teaching days that I never came across anything on two legs or four that was so thick that I couldn't them/him/her/it something.
I was proud of my reputation but I'm feeling the pressure right now.
It could be that I've met my match! :(