The Connaught Thread

Started by Croí na hÉireann, February 17, 2015, 10:28:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

larryin89

I predict he'll be back a lot sooner than is being said. No more to say.
Walk-in down mchale rd , sun out, summers day , game day . That's all .

moysider

Quote from: larryin89 on April 24, 2015, 10:35:06 PM

I dunno what is being said so don t know what you mean by soon? Next year's FBD?
The fact that he has hardly played ball this year and that he needs an operation next week kinda rules out the business part of this year.
From a practical point of view it s not like we ll miss him. But if Cillian is bunched long term as well we could well be looking at a difficult summer.

larryin89

Quote from: moysider on April 24, 2015, 11:04:28 PM

I dunno what is being said so don t know what you mean by soon? Next year's FBD?
The fact that he has hardly played ball this year and that he needs an operation next week kinda rules out the business part of this year.
From a practical point of view it s not like we ll miss him. But if Cillian is bunched long term as well we could well be looking at a difficult summer.

Ahh man I don't know, how is Cillian long term. Young stepenites man I spoke to this evening " it's not as bad as was first thought, top surgeon to see to him" ...

County board statement said 12 weeks . Most people's view is he might not of featured anyway and he was certainly not going to make a big impact . I disagree completely . I honestly believe the bulk of the gaa public don't know a footballer from a bollix these days. Anyway I'm tired of giving my opinion on the lad as most seem to disagree, I think he has the class to be a top player and that's my opinion
Walk-in down mchale rd , sun out, summers day , game day . That's all .

moysider

Quote from: larryin89 on April 24, 2015, 11:16:27 PM
Quote from: moysider on April 24, 2015, 11:04:28 PM

Ahh man I don't know, how is Cillian long term. Young stepenites man I spoke to this evening " it's not as bad as was first thought, top surgeon to see to him" ...

County board statement said 12 weeks . Most people's view is he might not of featured anyway and he was certainly not going to make a big impact . I disagree completely . I honestly believe the bulk of the gaa public don't know a footballer from a bollix these days. Anyway I'm tired of giving my opinion on the lad as most seem to disagree, I think he has the class to be a top player and that's my opinion

The bit in bold is a bit ominous don t you think Larry? Surgery is surgery and healing and recovery is another even before you start to look at form, confidence and fitness.
I agree about his quality and if he was in a confident county like Dub. Cork, Kerry, Tyrone, Donegal etc, he would be a household name already  and may well have a medalín in his back pockek. But we appear to do things differently here. We ve won so much ::)
You only need to look at the downturn in the fortunes of the minor forwards from 2013 to cop the reality of getting a player that can play senior footbal. Hopefully we have Cillian fit anyway.

Rossfan

Meanwhile in the rest of Connacht.........we're all grand ;D
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

twohands!!!

Quote from: Rossfan on April 25, 2015, 12:30:08 AM

And the sarcastic bollox of the week goes to......

Tubberman

Quote from: twohands!!! on April 25, 2015, 06:54:45 AM
Quote from: Rossfan on April 25, 2015, 12:30:08 AM

And the sarcastic bollox of the week goes to......

They're just very very needy.
"Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall."

highorlow

6 nil up. Jack has his shooting boots on him today. Fingers crossed for the win!
They get momentum, they go mad, here they go