All Ireland u21 football championship 2015

Started by giveballaghback, February 16, 2015, 09:57:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tippabu

Quote from: shawshank on May 05, 2015, 11:16:25 AM
Heard the radio interview with Kevin Mc Stay, Tipp have lost the run of them selves, as bad a losers as I have heard at county level. Must say, there is nothing as I dislike as bad losers.

there isnt a single person down here who think joe was right in his interview and was for want of a better word embarrassing

Jinxy

Quote from: trileacman on May 05, 2015, 11:36:01 AM
Quote from: AZOffaly on May 05, 2015, 10:38:18 AM
Tipp wing forward, Lonergan, was on the ground after getting a free. The Tyrone #15, I think,  came in and kneed him in the head. Or at least appeared to. It didn't look good.

It didn't look good. It contained the same amount of malice as the Tipp stamp in the 1st half. That's a statement of fact but can be interpreted in too wildy different ways. You can protray it as a completely cynical, dirty acts unheard of in the history of the GAA that are a new blight upon our beautiful sporting game. Or you can chalk it down under the list of teams playing football on the very physical limit far below the numerous high profile incidents that have happened in the senior game; Kennelly v Murphy 09, the dubs hospitalising Mickey Ned, Paudi rearranging a Cork man's kidneys before striking him across the face, McDermott on Dooher 96, etc.

And if your from Meath you probably think it was top play, give those lads an all star.

Withdraw that immediately.
He never touched him.
If you were any use you'd be playing.

Syferus

Quote from: blewuporstuffed on May 05, 2015, 12:01:50 PM
Quote from: Syferus on May 05, 2015, 11:55:04 AM
Quote from: blewuporstuffed on May 05, 2015, 11:43:31 AM
where did the comment from the bould Syferus go?
???
He must have realised he has posted enough rubbish on this thread and retracted

Decided it was pointless trying to break through the siege mentality that seems to have enveloped this thread.
You are right, there is  a siege mentality, and that would be down to Tyrone, and particulary this group of young players, being constantly under attack from the likes of yourself and Indiana throwing baseless accusations around.
You had obviously made up you mind what way the final was going to go and what way Tyrone would play before you watched it, based on your bitterness over the semifinal defeat.
If you really have decided to stop posted on this thread, then your opinion will be no big loss.

I seem to be the one person who is critical of Tyrone's tumble drier off-the-ball tactics that is saying they were the best team regardless, but go on.

blewuporstuffed

Quote from: Jinxy on May 05, 2015, 01:10:57 PM
Quote from: trileacman on May 05, 2015, 11:36:01 AM
Quote from: AZOffaly on May 05, 2015, 10:38:18 AM
Tipp wing forward, Lonergan, was on the ground after getting a free. The Tyrone #15, I think,  came in and kneed him in the head. Or at least appeared to. It didn't look good.

It didn't look good. It contained the same amount of malice as the Tipp stamp in the 1st half. That's a statement of fact but can be interpreted in too wildy different ways. You can protray it as a completely cynical, dirty acts unheard of in the history of the GAA that are a new blight upon our beautiful sporting game. Or you can chalk it down under the list of teams playing football on the very physical limit far below the numerous high profile incidents that have happened in the senior game; Kennelly v Murphy 09, the dubs hospitalising Mickey Ned, Paudi rearranging a Cork man's kidneys before striking him across the face, McDermott on Dooher 96, etc.

And if your from Meath you probably think it was top play, give those lads an all star.

Withdraw that immediately.
He never touched him.

You're right.
It was actually Martin O'Connell  ;D
I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow doesn't look good either

AZOffaly

Jinxy

If you were any use you'd be playing.

DermyTDredi

Even if this thread gets to 1,000 pages, it still only represents the muttering and yapping of an insignifcant few...one of the lads has a wee line under his name which says "if you were any use, you'd be playing"...or something like that.

The more you try and attack, the more we try and defend, and the more we try and defend, the more you try and attack...ultimately there none of us high level coaches or players...maybe some that were and some that could be....but to paraphrase your man "if we had any sense, we'd be working..."

Each to their own and good luck your respective seasons - seasons which now suggest great possibility for every county...getting  a run in the qualifiers, getting to a provincial final, last four, all Ireland winner....each team will have a goal and each management team will be doing their best to get as far as they can in their respective tournaments.

Ideally I would like to see tyrone get to an all ireland final and win it, playing beautiful football, the way you all remember your own counties playing it in the golden years, but realistically, Id settle for a better year than last year and a good run in the qualifiers with some of those u21s getting a run at a place.

All irelands dont come along every year - even for kerry. And what our team did at the weekend was fulfil the aspirations of every u21 player on the island....win an all ireland.

I'm happy to let them revel in their greatness even if it may only be for one day

Syferus

Quote from: AZOffaly on May 05, 2015, 01:22:17 PM
Tumble drier tactics? What's that?

*Dryer

Sorry for the typo. The meaning should be self-explanatory.

AZOffaly

Sorry, I wasn't picking up on the spelling. I'm genuinely curious. I don't know what you mean by that. I have visions of lads rolling around on the ground fighting or something, but I didn't see much of that on Saturday.

orangeman

Quote from: mick999 on May 05, 2015, 12:59:25 PM
The Examiner had a good piece on the fallout from this game today :
http://www.irishexaminer.com/sport/columnists/john-fogarty/john-fogarty-two-guilty-parties-as-u-21-final-row-rages-328728.html

Good article and highlights the fact that Tipp would / could / should have been down to 14 with O'Brien being black carded or red carded which removes a lot of Tipp's arguments.

tippabu

Quote from: Syferus on May 05, 2015, 01:26:37 PM
Quote from: AZOffaly on May 05, 2015, 01:22:17 PM
Tumble drier tactics? What's that?

*Dryer

Sorry for the typo. The meaning should be self-explanatory.

spinning people around really quickly?

macdanger2

Quote from: orangeman on May 05, 2015, 01:28:07 PM
Quote from: mick999 on May 05, 2015, 12:59:25 PM
The Examiner had a good piece on the fallout from this game today :
http://www.irishexaminer.com/sport/columnists/john-fogarty/john-fogarty-two-guilty-parties-as-u-21-final-row-rages-328728.html

Good article and highlights the fact that Tipp would / could / should have been down to 14 with O'Brien being black carded or red carded which removes a lot of Tipp's arguments.

Yeah, good balanced article

Syferus

Quote from: AZOffaly on May 05, 2015, 01:28:00 PM
Sorry, I wasn't picking up on the spelling. I'm genuinely curious. I don't know what you mean by that. I have visions of lads rolling around on the ground fighting or something, but I didn't see much of that on Saturday.

If you saw what McNulty did to Ronan Daly in the semi-final you'd get it. He must have run the gauntlet of everything from strikes to pulling, choking, wrestling on the ground nevermind mouthing. All when Tyrone had the match in the bag. That was the moment I knew there was something deeper to their antics than the usual sledging you see. McNulty couldn't even turn it off when they had the win in the bag.

Tyrone won't listen to anyone that doesn't file it away under 'normal' football behavior but it's hard to make a case that a team with as many cards (many of them black in Ulster) and as many incidents as this Tyrone team had didn't go noticeably beyond what is expected.

They deserved to win but their manner of doing it left a sour taste in a lot of peoples' mouths, it seems.