All Ireland u21 football championship 2015

Started by giveballaghback, February 16, 2015, 09:57:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AZOffaly

And by the way, just on any perceived anti-northern bias (so-called) in Tipp. The U21 (and senior) coach is Michael McGeehin from Donegal, and the Minor Manager is Charlie McGeever, also from Tir Chonaill.

brokencrossbar1

Quote from: AZOffaly on May 05, 2015, 10:00:54 AM
And by the way, just on any perceived anti-northern bias (so-called) in Tipp. The U21 (and senior) coach is Michael McGeehin from Donegal, and the Minor Manager is Charlie McGeever, also from Tir Chonaill.

Don't even go there with that one...sure ye know they're not 'real' Nordies!!!

AZOffaly

Quote from: brokencrossbar1 on May 05, 2015, 10:07:37 AM
Quote from: AZOffaly on May 05, 2015, 10:00:54 AM

Don't even go there with that one...sure ye know they're not 'real' Nordies!!!

Jaysus, that's very partitionist of ye :) And Donegal have had as bad a rap as anyone recently.

nrico2006

From watching the game I don't remember seeing a 'knee'.  I do recall the stamp and the punch though.
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

tc_manchester

Quote from: SkillfulBill on May 05, 2015, 01:18:57 AM
Quote from: ONeill on May 05, 2015, 01:14:39 AM
And by the way 'it's a long way to Tipperary' is about a whore house in London. It's no wonder yiz took the sign down.

Holy fff... just woke the family up roaring my head off..

I was at a festival in Ghent and I heard a band doing a version called 'It's a long way to tickle Mary'

AZOffaly

Tipp wing forward, Lonergan, was on the ground after getting a free. The Tyrone #15, I think,  came in and kneed him in the head. Or at least appeared to. It didn't look good.

AZOffaly

By the way, among all of this something should be said. None of this is the reason Tipp lost! They lost because they took the wrong options too many times, especially in the last 15 minutes. They lost because they kicked two poor wides from frees, and they lost because they couldn't break down a good Tyrone defence for a goal. They also lost because Tyrone were bloody good, and scored an excellent goal.

Sometimes amidst all the nonsense, you forget the important stuff.

shawshank

Heard the radio interview with Kevin Mc Stay, Tipp have lost the run of them selves, as bad a losers as I have heard at county level. Must say, there is nothing as I dislike as bad losers.

Over the Bar

We are almost at page 100 and no further word from The Stallion.     I'm expecting he'll have been speaking with a Tyrone ex-senior county manager who has been physically sick, distraught and considering petitioning the DUP to express his outrage at the recent U21 victory which has brought shame on the county and indeed the entire nationalist community in Ulster.   The Stallion's other 'new best friend' Nelson McCausland will propose that Casement Park Now be redeveloped as an Orange Hall and the Penal Laws reintroduced in the North  as a consequence. 

AZOffaly

I heard Mickey Harte is taking the blame personally, and is offering the entire Tyrone senior panel as sacrifice against Donegal in atonement.

trileacman

Quote from: AZOffaly on May 05, 2015, 10:38:18 AM
Tipp wing forward, Lonergan, was on the ground after getting a free. The Tyrone #15, I think,  came in and kneed him in the head. Or at least appeared to. It didn't look good.

It didn't look good. It contained the same amount of malice as the Tipp stamp in the 1st half. That's a statement of fact but can be interpreted in too wildy different ways. You can protray it as a completely cynical, dirty acts unheard of in the history of the GAA that are a new blight upon our beautiful sporting game. Or you can chalk it down under the list of teams playing football on the very physical limit far below the numerous high profile incidents that have happened in the senior game; Kennelly v Murphy 09, the dubs hospitalising Mickey Ned, Paudi rearranging a Cork man's kidneys before striking him across the face, McDermott on Dooher 96, etc.

And if your from Meath you probably think it was top play, give those lads an all star.
Fantasy Rugby World Cup Champion 2011,
Fantasy 6 Nations Champion 2014

blewuporstuffed

where did the comment from the bould Syferus go?
???
He must have realised he has posted enough rubbish on this thread and retracted
I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow doesn't look good either

Syferus

Quote from: blewuporstuffed on May 05, 2015, 11:43:31 AM
???

Decided it was pointless trying to break through the siege mentality that seems to have enveloped this thread.

blewuporstuffed

Quote from: Syferus on May 05, 2015, 11:55:04 AM
Quote from: blewuporstuffed on May 05, 2015, 11:43:31 AM
???

Decided it was pointless trying to break through the siege mentality that seems to have enveloped this thread.
You are right, there is  a siege mentality, and that would be down to Tyrone, and particulary this group of young players, being constantly under attack from the likes of yourself and Indiana throwing baseless accusations around.
You had obviously made up you mind what way the final was going to go and what way Tyrone would play before you watched it, based on your bitterness over the semifinal defeat.
If you really have decided to stop posted on this thread, then your opinion will be no big loss.
I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow doesn't look good either