All Ireland u21 football championship 2015

Started by giveballaghback, February 16, 2015, 09:57:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tiempo

Remind me, who won the 2015 U21 All-Ireland?
Was it Tyrone?

Bensars

Quote from: The Stallion on May 03, 2015, 09:31:25 PM
Shame to see Tyrone indulging in pathetic behaviour again. Seems to be widely accepted in the county which is disappointing. Would have hoped someone from Tyrone might have spoken out against it but alas not.

No suprise , the faux outrage from someone from Derry!

Must try harder !

Syferus

Quote from: tippabu on May 03, 2015, 09:51:30 PM
I think one thing is for certain and that we can all agree on, this has been by no means a boring championship and we've definitely gotten plenty of dicussion out of it!!

I preferred it in the years when we were looking back and cooing about the quality of the football on show.

Fuzzman

Just watching the game here now as had it recorded.
I totally missed the McShane stamping incident on 11 mins.
Just watched it now and Tipp No. 8 Steven O'Brien firstly sees that McShane picks up the breaking ball so he holds his waist and kicks at his legs while the ball was in McShanes hands and so bringing him down. He then clearly looks down at his legs and purposely stands on his upper leg before landing on him. The ref was about 2 yards away.
To me the initial kick at his ankles whilst holding his waist was at least a yellow if not red card as it was totally intentional to hurt him but McShane is such an animal of a player he made light of it so then O'Brien had to do the stamp thing.

I know there was other incidents in the game to discuss so please don't defend this one with
"Well what about the...."

I know its all over now but in normal circumstances that incident would be highlighted and the cccc would propose a suspension. A very clear example of trying to take out one of the best players. Surely the most cynical incident of the game but it's one rule for one.

Syferus

Quote from: Fuzzman on May 03, 2015, 10:09:58 PM
Just watching the game here now as had it recorded.
I totally missed the McShane stamping incident on 11 mins.
Just watched it now and Tipp No. 8 Steven O'Brien firstly sees that McShane picks up the breaking ball so he holds his waist and kicks at his legs while the ball was in McShanes hands and so bringing him down. He then clearly looks down at his legs and purposely stands on his upper leg before landing on him. The ref was about 2 yards away.
To me the initial kick at his ankles whilst holding his waist was at least a yellow if not red card as it was totally intentional to hurt him but McShane is such an animal of a player he made light of it so then O'Brien had to do the stamp thing.

I know there was other incidents in the game to discuss so please don't defend this one with
"Well what about the...."

I know its all over now but in normal circumstances that incident would be highlighted and the cccc would propose a suspension. A very clear example of trying to take out one of the best players. Surely the most cynical incident of the game but it's one rule for one.

Same lad who elbowed a Roscommon player in the face in the semi. What's good for the goose and all that. He was beyond lucky to even be on the field to be stamped on in the first place. Dirty act by O'Brien but let's not make out the fact he's a 'beast' or because he's from Tyrone that it wasn't called - it was because there was a terrible ref on the field.

Fear ón Srath Bán

Quote from: tippabu on May 03, 2015, 09:51:30 PM
I think one thing is for certain and that we can all agree on, this has been by no means a boring championship and we've definitely gotten plenty of dicussion out of it!!

You're a dirty shower of hewers, just not quite dirty enough! Sin é a chara ;) :)
Carlsberg don't do Gombeenocracies, but by jaysus if they did...

red hander

Was at the game yesterday and really enjoyed it. Some of the comments on here are from the usual Tyrone haters, and the Tipp manager hasn't done himself any favours with his whining. Tyrone have nothing to apologise for ... after what happened in the 1996 AI semi-final, all bets have been, and will be forever more, off.
Keep kicking, we'll just kick back more  ;D

Aaron Boone

If the CCCCC order a replay for unsportsmanlike behaviour etc, then there's barely a window between now & September. Tyrone seniors are out in 2 weeks and Tipp's hurling schedule further complicates matters.

INDIANA

Quote from: red hander on May 03, 2015, 10:20:50 PM
Was at the game yesterday and really enjoyed it. Some of the comments on here are from the usual Tyrone haters, and the Tipp manager hasn't done himself any favours with his whining. Tyrone have nothing to apologise for ... after what happened in the 1996 AI semi-final, all bets have been, and will be forever more, off.
Keep kicking, we'll just kick back more  ;D

Fair play to the Tipp manager. Easiest thing to do is go with the herd.

Fuzzman

For those who haven't saw it themselves.
Imagine it if it was the other way round and Tipps best player was targeted like this. What would you be saying about Tyrone cynicism?
Good for the goose?
What would Brolly say or should we just brush it under the carpet as we all wanted Tipp to win their first AI?

https://youtu.be/sm_1nolsOhI

Íseal agus crua isteach a

Quote from: Fuzzman on May 03, 2015, 10:48:25 PM
Imagine it if it was the other way round and Tipps best player was targeted like this. What would you be saying about Tyrone cynicism?
Good for the goose?
What would Brolly say or should we just brush it under the carpet as we all wanted Tipp to win their first AI?

That was no accident. He kicks out resulting Cathal falling and then purposely stamps down on him. Nasty. I mean what was the Tipp player thinking.

tippabu

Quote from: Fuzzman on May 03, 2015, 10:48:25 PM
Good for the goose?

The one thing I will say about it is, from the last angle the Tyrone player was still rolling on the ground when it happened, as I said I'm not certain it was ment. O'brien is the only one who knows if it was ment or not. People will say I have an obvious bias but that's my honest opinion and may be I am wrong

Fuzzman

I think we know what he was thinking.
11 mins played. If you get a chance take him out.
If Tyrone did it to their best player there would be uproar and people phoning Joe Duffy tomorrow.
Just about to post and read your post Tippabu.
You've gone way down in my estimation.
Watch OBriens eyes the whole time. Totally premeditated.

AZOffaly

That doesn't look good alright. But it was very early and there can't have been much frustration built up, so I don't know why he would have done it. As tippabu said, only he himself will know.

Are we going to start posting videos of dodgy moments now then? We might be here a while :)

longballin

I thought Tyrone and Tipperary were heroic yesterday in terrible conditions. Ref was giving fouls anytime a player went down often more to do with the rain soaked field. Is now very disappointing that Tipp have morphed into Kerry in defeat. Is tiresome the begrudery against Tyrone started by that bollocks Spillane in 2003.