All Ireland u21 football championship 2015

Started by giveballaghback, February 16, 2015, 09:57:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Aaron Boone

Jinxy

Quote from: Fuzzman on May 03, 2015, 10:48:25 PM
For those who haven't saw it themselves.
Imagine it if it was the other way round and Tipps best player was targeted like this. What would you be saying about Tyrone cynicism?
Good for the goose?
What would Brolly say or should we just brush it under the carpet as we all wanted Tipp to win their first AI?

https://youtu.be/sm_1nolsOhI

Clearly photoshopped.
If you were any use you'd be playing.

BennyHarp

Quote from: AZOffaly on May 03, 2015, 11:18:48 PM
I'm not sure what ye are trying to prove lads. Lets just say for arguments sake that Stephen O'Brien meant it. If he did he deserved a red card, not a yellow. And he could have no complaints if that was a deliberate stamp.

Now what? Are we supposed to examine every incident in the game and critique the refereeing decision, or the intent of the various players in the incidents? I'm not sure what ye are trying to accomplish here? Do ye want a count up off all the 'controversial' moments and see whether Tipp or Tyrone 'offended' more? Or are ye just highlighting an incident of Tipp malfeasance to show it's not just Tyrone that does it? If it's the latter, then that's a waste of time. Only WUMs pretend otherwise.

AZ, you must notice that there has been umpteen posts on here giving it the usual nonsense about cynical Tyrone etc. I've posted quotes from the Tipp manager claiming his side were victims of these cynical tactics throughout the game. Some fella from the Tipp County board even went on the RTE  to complain about our tactics etc.  Anyone reading the non Tyrone posts or listening to the radio would get the impression that Tyrone bullied (sorry, maybe "mugged" is the better word) Tipp in order to win this final. The reallity is that, as usual, this is not a one way street and cynical play doesn't stop at the border at Aughnacloy. Fuzz is correct, had that tackle been McShane on O'Brien then there would be men in the streets with pitch forks making their way up North. There is no balance when it comes to these issues in the media or on here (though, I realise a fair majority of those on here are on the wind up which is fair enough and I enjoy that) but some of the comments over the past 24 hours have been utterly ridiculous. Of course we aren't going to analyse every incident but we can't exaggerate incidents on one side of the argument and ignore everything that happens on the other.
That was never a square ball!!

ONeill

That initial kick/swipe is a rare thing to see in this sport.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

kickingmule

Quote from: BennyHarp on May 03, 2015, 11:36:38 PM
I'm not sure what ye are trying to prove lads. Lets just say for arguments sake that Stephen O'Brien meant it. If he did he deserved a red card, not a yellow. And he could have no complaints if that was a deliberate stamp.

Now what? Are we supposed to examine every incident in the game and critique the refereeing decision, or the intent of the various players in the incidents? I'm not sure what ye are trying to accomplish here? Do ye want a count up off all the 'controversial' moments and see whether Tipp or Tyrone 'offended' more? Or are ye just highlighting an incident of Tipp malfeasance to show it's not just Tyrone that does it? If it's the latter, then that's a waste of time. Only WUMs pretend otherwise.

AZ, you must notice that there has been umpteen posts on here giving it the usual nonsense about cynical Tyrone etc. I've posted quotes from the Tipp manager claiming his side were victims of these cynical tactics throughout the game. Some fella from the Tipp County board even went on the RTE  to complain about our tactics etc.  Anyone reading the non Tyrone posts or listening to the radio would get the impression that Tyrone bullied (sorry, maybe "mugged" is the better word) Tipp in order to win this final. The reallity is that, as usual, this is not a one way street and cynical play doesn't stop at the border at Aughnacloy. Fuzz is correct, had that tackle been McShane on O'Brien then there would be men in the streets with pitch forks making their way up North. There is no balance when it comes to these issues in the media or on here (though, I realise a fair majority of those on here are on the wind up which is fair enough and I enjoy that) but some of the comments over the past 24 have been utterly ridiculous. Of course we aren't going to analyse every incident but we can't exaggerate incidents on one side of the argument and ignore everything that happens on the other.
I believe the best way forward for the gaa at start of the championship, is to insist any teams
Who play Tyrone wear nice frilly dresses and make clear to Tyrone that it is non contact from now on!!!

trileacman

Quote from: Jinxy on May 03, 2015, 11:34:57 PM
Quote from: Fuzzman on May 03, 2015, 10:48:25 PM
For those who haven't saw it themselves.
Imagine it if it was the other way round and Tipps best player was targeted like this. What would you be saying about Tyrone cynicism?
Good for the goose?
What would Brolly say or should we just brush it under the carpet as we all wanted Tipp to win their first AI?

https://youtu.be/sm_1nolsOhI

Clearly photoshopped.

Just want to say I'm a physio and there's no way that his arm can reach as far as that. Clearly photo-shopped.
Fantasy Rugby World Cup Champion 2011,
Fantasy 6 Nations Champion 2014

Fuzzman

Watched the highlights on RTE tonight and guess what. The editor didn't show the incident.
Judging from the reaction on here I think I'm well justified to highlight it, as there is no balance in how Tyrone football is portrayed by southern media. Ask Joe Brolly and Sean Cavanagh.
Will be interesting to see how many unbiased neutrals see that incident and their take on the intent O'Brien had.

If a similar incident happened live on TSG in two weeks time v Donegal I wonder what reaction the panel would give it. Typical disgraceful Ulster football.
Would it then be called to the CCCC just because RTE have the power.

ONeill

There's bound to be someone who likes us. I don't think we've done anything on Leitrim.

Fuzzman

I think all the L counties don't mind us too much O'Neill.
I'm hoping for a defeat in two weeks time and then trips to Longford, Louth, London, Leitrim, Limerick and maybe even Londonderry.
Sorry lads only messing as trying to calm down from earlier. Don't rise to the bait. Speaking of Derry where is Mr Tickle and his Armagh friends?

I would love a weekend in London though. Have they any Tyrone lads playing for them?

Thought Mark Bradley looked sharp yesterday and hope to see him and McShane a lot more this summer. Also was impressed by some of those defenders. Their work ethic is amazing.

ONeill

I was really impressed by Hampsey again. A brilliant player who reads the game a split second before others.

omaghjoe

the stamp was a dirty action there is no doubt about but to be fair its part and parcel of the game as someone mentioned earlier happens 100s of times up and down the country.

The difference is in the media portrayal of it and everyone on here knows if it was the other way around the usual suspects would be flat out villanising everyone and everything Tyrone for a one piece of opportunistic foul play by one player.

The match was a good match especially so considering the conditions and Tyrone were clearly the better team and should have won by more but for some nervous/bad decision making in front of the posts.

The match was not dirty or even that cynical, the ref had a tough job in those conditions and he was poor, but equally so for both teams, players were getting frees for sliding on the surface and they knew they would get the free so they played on this, again something that happens up and down the country. Some posters say the Tipp goal wasn't a foul on the keeper....ehhh do you know the rules of the game? the keeper can't be tackled in the small rectangle, its a free out, the ref got this right at least.

The changing room incident is just bad form and as for the Tipp county board member...what a total eejit he'll probably regret it in a few weeks if he his ego allows it, I would love to ask him what he was trying to achieve by it...the worrying thing is people think that its an ok thing to do, its clearly not. Its petty, childish and pure sour grapes

Anyway the point  I am trying to make is that people had their mind made up about Tyrone before this match had even started. The Rossie lads are especially feeling sore from the semi as they have a good generation of players that they felt could sweep all before them but they took Tyrone for granted in the semi who in turn were fired up and we blew them out of the water. You may feel that on another day Roscommon might have won, that's fair enough, that day they didn't but if thats how you feel its more to do with your own players than Tyrone.

So to all the haters leave off, congratulate or say nothing, let the players enjoy the win and if you want to plot their downfall... do it on the pitch and don't try and discredit this team for coming through a very tough campaign and playing some great football, a fantastic achievement.

So congrats our u21s you've done us proud and commiserations to Tipp after putting up a great display

The Stallion

Just thought I'd check back here to see if any Tyrone people had decided to speak against the cynical play which is clearly rife at all levels in their teams.

It seems the end justifies the means for them though which is a bit disheartening to see, although not unexpected. It's a pity because the good footballers in Tyrone are being overshadowed by this blight on the game.

rrhf

AZOffaly

Quote from: BennyHarp on May 03, 2015, 11:36:38 PM

AZ, you must notice that there has been umpteen posts on here giving it the usual nonsense about cynical Tyrone etc. I've posted quotes from the Tipp manager claiming his side were victims of these cynical tactics throughout the game. Some fella from the Tipp County board even went on the RTE  to complain about our tactics etc.  Anyone reading the non Tyrone posts or listening to the radio would get the impression that Tyrone bullied (sorry, maybe "mugged" is the better word) Tipp in order to win this final. The reallity is that, as usual, this is not a one way street and cynical play doesn't stop at the border at Aughnacloy. Fuzz is correct, had that tackle been McShane on O'Brien then there would be men in the streets with pitch forks making their way up North. There is no balance when it comes to these issues in the media or on here (though, I realise a fair majority of those on here are on the wind up which is fair enough and I enjoy that) but some of the comments over the past 24 hours have been utterly ridiculous. Of course we aren't going to analyse every incident but we can't exaggerate incidents on one side of the argument and ignore everything that happens on the other.

I think that's true, and I think there is a lot of focus on Tyrone. Whether that is fair or not is moot, but it certainly seems that they have a bad name now. I think I've been fairly fair to Tyrone over the years, and I think they are very good at closing a game out, but I don't think they are any more cynical than Kerry, Donegal, Dublin or anyone else would be in similar circumstances. In the general flow of a game, there may be a bit more mouthing from Tyrone lads, that does seem to be a consensus among players I've spoken to, but it's not confined to the Red Hands by any means.

Tipperary are hurting, no doubt about it, and they seem to have said and done a couple of things after the game that they will regret I am sure. They so much want to be up there and challenging that defeats like this hurt a lot, and will spur them on in the future, but if some of the things reported are true then I'd be a bit disappointed and surprised.

As regards the stamp, if it was deliberate, and I agree it looks bad, then it should have been a red card, end of story. I do wonder about focusing on it as it seems a classic whataboutery tactic, but I see where ye are coming from.

I have enough said now on this, so I'll just sign off with well done Tyrone, worthy champions, and Tipp will be back and a bit wiser all around the next time.