Most naturally talented

Started by gaafan123, November 19, 2006, 10:18:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

cavanmaniac

Canavan in Ulster based on players I've seen, but Maurice Fitz by a long long way in the national stakes. Privileged to have been around in the same era as Maurice so I can always say I saw him play. Legend, pure class.

BallyhaiseMan

Aidan Connolly of Baileborough and Cavan has to go down on this list... a supremely talented footballer.

Maximus Marillius

Ballyhaise man...thats just embarrassing...ur street cred has just dried up

BallyhaiseMan

ask your fellow Derryman Lynchbhoy
exactly how good Aidan Connolly was when he wanted to be...

Maximus Marillius

Ballyhaise man...Are you serious..lynchboy a converted Cavan supporter...a man..who tried to talk me into thinking fat Geoffrey was a brilliant footballer and the reason why he did not make it at county footballer was because of five managers who did not recognise his lazy fat ass. No thanks Lynchboy is hardly a reference :-\ Ballyhaise man think...Fitz..Peter the great...Matt Connor ...Aidan Connelly :o Typical cavan waster. Doesnt fit in the same hyber space never mind planet.

BallyhaiseMan

Max
i never said Connolly was at the same standard as Maurice Fitz,Canavan or Matt Connor... Few are or will every reach that level
Connolly had outstanding ability though and could have been the dominant centre half back in Ulster in the late nineties,If he,to have had the dedication and determination.

The Bottom Brick

In fairness Ballyhaise, thats a ridiculous suggestion.

Embarrassing actually... If you HAD to name a token Cavan player I'd go for Larry Reilly or Pierson. Connolly I think is the only defender even named on this thread!
33, 35, 47, 48, 52, 07!

BallyhaiseMan

Larry Reily or Pierson.....
First of all Larry Reily has done nothing in the Ulster Championship for Cavan in about 5 years....
Gerard Pierson is supremely talented and has shone in the league but bar one performance against Donegal after the league final when he kicked around 10 points mostly from frees...He done nothing.
So in future when trying to ridicule my suggestion,It would probably be better if you didnt make an even worse one in the process.

ONeill

Declan McCrossan was a very talented lad. What's he up to now?

Dermot McNicholl
Martin Clarke
Martin McHugh
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

Maximus Marillius

O'Neill... Mc Nicholl and shkill should not be put in the same sentence....speed ...lots of it...power, strenght, balls and guts, ambition is what mc Nicholl was about. As much skill as a rhino in a china shop.

brokencrossbar1

QuoteThanks for the bellylaugh BC!    Are ye sure the 'fat' is in the right place in the sentence there?

Billy I am deeply offended.  I am just well rounded and big boned :P

magpie seanie

Ignoring the stupidity of limiting this thread to Ulster I would have to go for Maurice Fitz. Every day you see him he astounds you. I still cannot get over some of the thnigs I saw him do the last time I saw him 12 months ago. No-one I've seen comes close to him in terms of natural talent.

nrico2006

declan mc crossan still plays for his club, and is still a great player.  Good athlete and brilliant left foot. Opted out of tyrone panel at start of 2004, got married and built a house.  Hes pretty young yet, dont think he would be older than 26/27
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

Spiritof98

Declan McCrossan :D You should take up Stand up.

Being too young to watch his skills and only seen county final videos, the person that everyone in Armagh talks about in football is Jonny Corvan, no matter what the conversation is Corvan is always brought up every weekend in every pub, not to mention being a v good Hurler/soccerer.
I'll go back if Marsdens back

mouview

The man that announced his retirement from inter-county football at the weekend was surely, physically, the most consumately gifted player of his era. Had pace, fielding ability, was adept off either foot, had good vision, was a great reader of the game etc. Galway may not ever see his likes again.