I don't have a vote but would vote "No" if I did
26 (11.3%)
I don't have a vote and haven't decided how I would vote if I did
9 (3.9%)

Total Members Voted: 230

stew

Quote from: Gabriel_Hurl on May 24, 2015, 12:22:27 AM
Quote from: T Fearon on May 23, 2015, 08:44:00 PM
Gambling isn't a sin so long as it is done in moderation.

1 Timothy 6:10

Quote"For the love of money is a root of all kinds of evil. Some people, eager for money, have wandered from the faith and pierced themselves with many griefs." (but it's ok in moderation lol)

A hungrier country than Ireland may only be found in the US of A.
Armagh, the one true love of a mans life.

Gabriel_Hurl

You've some deadly food down there though Stew.

How's the lads.

Must get down again soon to sample the finest pint of porter in the world.

armaghniac

QuoteIreland assisted the Nazi's! lets not forget that nugget,

How could we forget something that wasn't true in the first place?
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

Rudi

Quote from: stew on May 24, 2015, 12:32:12 AM
Quote from: Billys Boots on May 23, 2015, 06:15:35 PM
A good day to be a human - what's seldom is wonderful.  Congrats Ireland on your maturity.

Maturity my hole! Ireland has been raped by it's political figures! it's populace, banks and politicians have bankrupt the Country and it is a country that stands for nothing at this juncture save Gay Rights.

Ireland assisted the Nazi's! lets not forget that nugget, it's children got raped at the hands of the clergy and it's Bishops covered it up,  great day to be Irish my hole, I am glad the rights of the homosexuals have been introduced as law as all people, regardless of race, color or creed deserve to be treated equally, but I am aghast at the attitude of some pontificating arseholes on here and their

attitude toward those who were no voters!

Be glad you got the vote you wanted and show respect for those with an opposing view, not much to ask I believe.

Good stuff, was of the no opinion, however I fully respect the democratic will of the people. The above post is utter class. Fair play Stewie.

gallsman

A good day to be a human - what's seldom is wonderful.  Congrats Ireland on your maturity.

Maturity my hole! Ireland has been raped by it's political figures! it's populace, banks and politicians have bankrupt the Country and it is a country that stands for nothing at this juncture save Gay Rights.

Ireland assisted the Nazi's! lets not forget that nugget, it's children got raped at the hands of the clergy and it's Bishops covered it up,  great day to be Irish my hole, I am glad the rights of the homosexuals have been introduced as law as all people, regardless of race, color or creed deserve to be treated equally, but I am aghast at the attitude of some pontificating arseholes on here and their attitude toward those who were no voters!

Be glad you got the vote you wanted and show respect for those with an opposing view, not much to ask I believe.

You're either ignoring it deliberately or simply continue to repeatedly miss the point. This "pontificating" you speak of is a myth. People are not criticising or mocking no voters simply because they voted no, everyone on here respects the right of people to hold their own opinion.

What is unacceptable, and rightly condemned on here, is people believing, for example, that it's OK to glibly call homosexuals "faggots" and then pass it off as just a bit of light hearted humor. Calling people out on this is not "intolerance" or "arrogance".

muppet

Quote from: topcuppla on May 24, 2015, 12:02:25 AM
Quote from: imtommygunn on May 23, 2015, 10:31:22 PM
Quote from: stew on May 23, 2015, 08:42:17 PM
Quote from: topcuppla on May 23, 2015, 05:21:45 PM
The hypocrisy on this board defies belief, no one is allowed to question any facet of the gay community (well they can but they are homophobic!!) yet people here can quite happily lambaste and berate a whole religious order because of the actions of a minority.  For all those patting Irish society on the back for standing up for one section of the Irish community whilst attacking another section of the Irish community you should all hold your heads in shame.

Well said, if you were a no vote you tend to get treated like shite, on here is a good indicator of that.

I believe all people should be treated equally and am neither happy about the result or sad because of it, the people have spoken on a matter that has tremendous social impact on the country and we must all now accept the decision and move on.

Have you read some of this guys posts??  Not everyone who says no is homophobic but this guy certainly is!! Complaining about intolerance of intolerance is more than a touch ironic! Voting no is not necessarily intolerant - views like unnatural blah blah blah are.

Muppet and everyone else would disagree!

Not everyone who votes no is homophobic.

But Tony I would disown a gay person in my family Fearon and you who stated that a same sex couple adopting is tantamount to child abuse, are certainly homophobic.
MWWSI 2017

From the Bunker

Ireland assisted the Nazi's! lets not forget that nugget, it's children got raped at the hands of the clergy and it's Bishops covered it up,  great day to be Irish my hole, I am glad the rights of the homosexuals have been introduced as law as all people, regardless of race, color or creed deserve to be treated equally, but I am aghast at the attitude of some pontificating arseholes on here and their attitude toward those who were no voters!

Yeah, was thinking the same myself when we were clapping ourselves on the back for todays result! We lied down like lambs for the last 7 years and took a good riding up the rear end ( no homosexual pun intended). There was no maturity there. Like Kids we just did as we were told. From the top down. Great result today. But don't loose the run of ourselves, we are still a long way from being a good never mind a great country. Today enjoy the party - Bigger fish have to be fried! Our equal LGBT friends are now needed for a new focus for the bigger fight! And there is no better allay that a ally used to warfare.

Syferus

Quote from: From the Bunker on May 24, 2015, 01:17:52 AM

Yeah, was thinking the same myself when we were clapping ourselves on the back for todays result! We lied down like lambs for the last 7 years and took a good riding up the rear end ( no homosexual pun intended). There was no maturity there. Like Kids we just did as we were told. From the top down. Great result today. But don't loose the run of ourselves, we are still a long way from being a good never mind a great country. Today enjoy the party - Bigger fish have to be fried! Our equal LGBT friends are now needed for a new focus for the bigger fight! And there is no better allay that a ally used to warfare.

The young people that made this such an emphatic win for the Yes side don't listen to or give a shit about the major political parties; a lot of them do not and will not vote again. This was the very essence of a country deciding it wanted something by itself. It is rightly being celebrated as an important moment in Irish history.

On the scale of countries that exist today or have ever existed Ireland is easily one of the most open, most giving and best places to live on the planet. Few countries are ahead of us on any quality of life or freedom index. We forget that too often in the rush to be offended about the next issue and the next scandal. Hell, forget about being 'the best small country in the world' - Ireland has a decent claim to being the best country in the world, period.

stew

Quote from: gallsman on May 24, 2015, 01:07:45 AM

You're either ignoring it deliberately or simply continue to repeatedly miss the point. This "pontificating" you speak of is a myth. People are not criticising or mocking no voters simply because they voted no, everyone on here respects the right of people to hold their own opinion.

What is unacceptable, and rightly condemned on here, is people believing, for example, that it's OK to glibly call homosexuals "faggots" and then pass it off as just a bit of light hearted humor. Calling people out on this is not "intolerance" or "arrogance".

Read this thread and look at the comments directed at non voters then get back to me!

You would think listening to the likes of you that Ireland is some some of social utopia, it is not, MONEY is far more important to voters than gay rights, big houses they cannot afford is more important than building a modern infrastructure for all Irish men and women.

One last thing you sanctimonious p***k, have you ever made a mistake, ever say something or someone was gay or are you mother Theresa?

Arsehole!

If you

stew

Quote from: Syferus on May 24, 2015, 01:37:25 AM
Quote from: From the Bunker on May 24, 2015, 01:17:52 AM

The young people that made this such an emphatic win for the Yes side don't listen to or give a shit about the major political parties; a lot of them do not and will not vote again. This was the very essence of a country deciding it wanted something by itself. It is rightly being celebrated as an important moment in Irish history.

On the scale of countries that exist today or have ever existed Ireland is easily one of the most open, most giving and best places to live on the planet. Few countries are ahead of us on any quality of life or freedom index. We forget that too often in the rush to be offended about the next issue and the next scandal. Hell, forget about being 'the best small country in the world' - Ireland has a decent claim to being the best country in the world, period.

Get off the drugs for fucks sake!

Ireland is a mediocre country at best pertaining to the western world.

Too may greedy, money hungry politicans that are not held accountable by the sheep/electorate, too many gobshites handing out big mortgages to too many idiots willing to take the on, add on the deplorable state of the Hospitals and social care in general and you have a country rotten from the top down with greed, stupidity and ignorance.

The only thing Ireland has going for it is it's beauty, it's games and some tremendous people smattered here and there, drugs is also eroding Irish culture so we are hardly world beaters in anything given the issues.

GalwayBayBoy

Lay off the gargle stew. Jaysus. Now the Nazis are involved.

gallsman

Quote from: stew on May 24, 2015, 02:07:20 AM
Quote from: gallsman on May 24, 2015, 01:07:45 AM

Read this thread and look at the comments directed at non voters then get back to me!

You would think listening to the likes of you that Ireland is some some of social utopia, it is not, MONEY is far more important to voters than gay rights, big houses they cannot afford is more important than building a modern infrastructure for all Irish men and women.

One last thing you sanctimonious p***k, have you ever made a mistake, ever say something or someone was gay or are you mother Theresa?

Arsehole!

If you

Oh so now it's a mistake? At the time you robustly defended it.

Everyone makes mistakes, yes, including me. And when they do, they tend to apologise. Going out of the way to type the word "f**got" in a discussion about gay rights was neither a mistake nor an accident. It was a deliberately calculated and executed slur. I'll just grab a quick flight to your beloved Green Bay and throw the word "nigger" around. Or head for Brooklyn and start talking about "kikes". Let me off the hook though. Sorry about those mistakes lads. Don't be such a hypocritical bunch of judgmental, sneering, arrogant, liberal patsies. It was only a joke. That'd be OK, yeah?

As for money being more important to voters, who the f**k are you to decide that? Considering the scale of the turnout, that's some assumption you've made. If it were correct though, what sort of life would people with money want to lead in a country that didn't give equal rights to all its citizens? Nobody is claiming Ireland is flawless. Nobody is claiming Ireland is fixed. But this is a good thing that's worth celebrating.

Eamonnca1

Quote from: stew on May 24, 2015, 02:07:20 AM

Arsehole!

If you

What's that you were saying about how the no crowd is entitled to a bit of respect?

T Fearon

Gabriel,it was a great day yesterday! A 34/1 accumulator came up for me involving 3 French and 3 Spanish teams! Utterly brilliant adrenalin rush,with the three Spanish clubs all winning in the afternoon,while the three French teams kicked off at 8pm,so following them on livescore as they each held on to one goal leads was brilliant.Seeing Full Time pop up in each of the three games was sheer ecstasy,I could have proposed to David Norris I was so happy!

But I don't gamble to make money (if I did I would be staking huge sums) I gamble for the adrenalin rush hence I am not committing any sin.

If there's ever any public stoning of adulterers count me in,and all my clothes are mixed fibres so if I don't wear any its an offence against public decency not to mention a crime so what am I to do?

foxcommander

Quote from: Syferus on May 23, 2015, 03:23:06 PM
Hard not to be proud of your country on a day like this. We've made a hell of a country to live and love in over the last century.

You think so???
I presume you've forgotten about the "irish" the free state left to rot over the other side of the border for starters.
Then there's the corruption of successive governments, the death of communities, emigration...

What a great country. must be very proud.

The sheeple feel good about themselves today because they have voted for "equality". Give the eejits a soundbite and a chance to feel smug and they gobble it all up.
Every second of the day there's a Democrat telling a lie