107 (46.5%)
I don't have a vote but would vote "No" if I did
26 (11.3%)
I don't have a vote and haven't decided how I would vote if I did
9 (3.9%)

Total Members Voted: 230

Eamonnca1

Quote from: T Fearon on May 23, 2015, 07:39:09 PM
Like them or loathe them you have to admire the DUP for remaining unwavering in their beliefs in spite of vile abuse.It is time for the Catholic Church to adopt a similarly robust approach,and defend what's ordained to be right by Divine Scripture.A useful start would be to excommunicate any so called priest who admits to having voted Yes.

QuoteMeanwhile Easy tiger adopts the fatally flawed opt out approach of his conscience (totally illogical and stupid) of voting Yes and attending a First Communion service.I'll let you into a secret mate,you cannot cherry pick according to your conscience.Scripture,not the Church,Pope etc is the supreme authority.

Bats are just unclean birds according to Lev 11:13,19

Baby girls are twice as dirty as baby boys according to Lev 12:1-8

Menstruating women are unclean to God according to  Lev 15:19-30

Don't mix seeds when sowing a field or wear a garment with mixed fibers according to  Lev 19:19

If you have sex with a slave woman, you must then scourge her according to  Lev 19:20

The unchaste daughters of priests must be burnt to death according to Lev 21:9

Children who curse their parents, adulterers, and homosexuals must be killed. Lev 20:9-12

Woman with "familiar spirits" must be stoned to death. Lev 20:27

"And ye shall eat the flesh of your sons, and the flesh of your daughters shall ye eat." Lev 26:29

Come on Tony boy! No cherry-picking! Get rid of those mixed-fibre garments immediately!

Rudi

Quote from: mikehunt on May 23, 2015, 09:05:45 PM
Quote from: topcuppla on May 23, 2015, 05:21:45 PM
The hypocrisy on this board defies belief, no one is allowed to question any facet of the gay community (well they can but they are homophobic!!) yet people here can quite happily lambaste and berate a whole religious order because of the actions of a minority.  For all those patting Irish society on the back for standing up for one section of the Irish community whilst attacking another section of the Irish community you should all hold your heads in shame.

I think they call them illiberal liberals. Self righteousness of a few on this board is nauseating. Not that I voted no but the treatment of the no vote side in the media has been very hypocritical.  Promoting tolerance while being intolerant of anyone who does not agree with them.

Would agree, stew had a few decent posts there too. The guy quoted in the Irish independent leading the yes vote in Roscommon was of the opinion that the conservative nature of the locals would lead to the county haemorrhaging even more of its younger population. The reason younger people are leaving you fu.kwad is because there in no f,cking jobs, what about fighting for job equality throughout Ireland? This kind of shit talk really grinds my gears.

muppet

It is truly remarkable that some people can get offended, at people who are offended, by Tony Fearon's psychopathic need to offend, in this case by demanding that all YES voters should be excommunicated from the Catholic Church.
MWWSI 2017

michaelg

Quote from: T Fearon on May 23, 2015, 09:33:29 PM
http://www.gotquestions.org/gay-marriage.html

The Bible says this,the Church is only repeating what the Bible says
Where's the bit about gambling in moderation being okay? 

PadraicHenryPearse

Where can I get the results of each area in each constituency? Are they online yet?

imtommygunn

imtommygunn

Quote from: stew on May 23, 2015, 08:42:17 PM
Quote from: topcuppla on May 23, 2015, 05:21:45 PM
The hypocrisy on this board defies belief, no one is allowed to question any facet of the gay community (well they can but they are homophobic!!) yet people here can quite happily lambaste and berate a whole religious order because of the actions of a minority.  For all those patting Irish society on the back for standing up for one section of the Irish community whilst attacking another section of the Irish community you should all hold your heads in shame.

Well said, if you were a no vote you tend to get treated like shite, on here is a good indicator of that.

I believe all people should be treated equally and am neither happy about the result or sad because of it, the people have spoken on a matter that has tremendous social impact on the country and we must all now accept the decision and move on.

Have you read some of this guys posts??  Not everyone who says no is homophobic but this guy certainly is!! Complaining about intolerance of intolerance is more than a touch ironic! Voting no is not necessarily intolerant - views like unnatural blah blah blah are.

PadraicHenryPearse

Can you provide a link? I'm only able to find constituency results not the individual areas in the constituencys. Thanks

imtommygunn

Ah sorry not sure on that. Read your post too quickly!

michaelg

Quote from: michaelg on May 23, 2015, 10:13:11 PM
Quote from: T Fearon on May 23, 2015, 09:33:29 PM
http://www.gotquestions.org/gay-marriage.html

The Bible says this,the Church is only repeating what the Bible says
Where's the bit about gambling in moderation being okay?
If you can not find it, should you too be banned from church in the morning?

Oraisteach

Tony, if you're such an originalist, shouldn't you be following the laws enumerated by Eamonn from Deuteronomy and Leviticus.  Hear he, hear ye, public stoning of adulterers tomorrow in Poyntzpass.  Limbo contest canceled since, well, the church has changed its stance on that sort of thing.  Remember, there'll be changes or else things'll remain the same.

T Fearon

Any deviation from the laws implemented by the Church are as a result of divine intervention.The point is,whether the stoning is now defunct or the triviality of mixed fibres ignored,the Bible makes it clear homosexuality is sinful

Oraisteach

Stoning is "defunct"?  But it's right there in the Bible.  So what other things will, by divine inspiration, become defunct.  And was the Old Testament divinely inspired, and did God just have a change of heart? 

dferg

Quote from: dferg on May 23, 2015, 11:13:39 PM
Quote from: T Fearon on May 23, 2015, 11:06:13 PM
Any deviation from the laws implemented by the Church are as a result of divine intervention.The point is,whether the stoning is now defunct or the triviality of mixed fibres ignored,the Bible makes it clear homosexuality is sinful
It is also clear about mixed fibers, anyone who partakes in such practices should be stoned to death.  Either that or force them to live in a lepers colony!