9 (3.9%)

Total Members Voted: 230

foxcommander

Quote from: stew on May 24, 2015, 02:16:03 AM
Quote from: Syferus on May 24, 2015, 01:37:25 AM
Quote from: From the Bunker on May 24, 2015, 01:17:52 AM
Quote from: stew on May 24, 2015, 12:32:12 AM
Quote from: Billys Boots on May 23, 2015, 06:15:35 PM
A good day to be a human - what's seldom is wonderful.  Congrats Ireland on your maturity.

Maturity my hole! Ireland has been raped by it's political figures! it's populace, banks and politicians have bankrupt the Country and it is a country that stands for nothing at this juncture save Gay Rights.

Ireland assisted the Nazi's! lets not forget that nugget, it's children got raped at the hands of the clergy and it's Bishops covered it up,  great day to be Irish my hole, I am glad the rights of the homosexuals have been introduced as law as all people, regardless of race, color or creed deserve to be treated equally, but I am aghast at the attitude of some pontificating arseholes on here and their attitude toward those who were no voters!

Be glad you got the vote you wanted and show respect for those with an opposing view, not much to ask I believe.

Yeah, was thinking the same myself when we were clapping ourselves on the back for todays result! We lied down like lambs for the last 7 years and took a good riding up the rear end ( no homosexual pun intended). There was no maturity there. Like Kids we just did as we were told. From the top down. Great result today. But don't loose the run of ourselves, we are still a long way from being a good never mind a great country. Today enjoy the party - Bigger fish have to be fried! Our equal LGBT friends are now needed for a new focus for the bigger fight! And there is no better allay that a ally used to warfare.

The young people that made this such an emphatic win for the Yes side don't listen to or give a shit about the major political parties; a lot of them do not and will not vote again. This was the very essence of a country deciding it wanted something by itself. It is rightly being celebrated as an important moment in Irish history.

On the scale of countries that exist today or have ever existed Ireland is easily one of the most open, most giving and best places to live on the planet. Few countries are ahead of us on any quality of life or freedom index. We forget that too often in the rush to be offended about the next issue and the next scandal. Hell, forget about being 'the best small country in the world' - Ireland has a decent claim to being the best country in the world, period.

Get off the drugs for f**ks sake!

Ireland is a mediocre country at best pertaining to the western world.

Too may greedy, money hungry politicans that are not held accountable by the sheep/electorate, too many gobshites handing out big mortgages to too many idiots willing to take the on, add on the deplorable state of the Hospitals and social care in general and you have a country rotten from the top down with greed, stupidity and ignorance.

The only thing Ireland has going for it is it's beauty, it's games and some tremendous people smattered here and there, drugs is also eroding Irish culture so we are hardly world beaters in anything given the issues.

Top post Stew. Unfortunately the sheeple have their heads turned by thinking they are Mother Theresa or Ghandi today by voting for "Equality"..

It's just as pathetic as the Obama "Change" slogan they rhymed off in the states.

Every second of the day there's a Democrat telling a lie

T Fearon

And what was all the celebrations about (akin to welcoming the football team home from another failed World Cup Finals campaign) on the streets of Dublin yesterday? Like it's hardly that the LGBT community have been oppressed,driven underground,or wrongly incarcerated like the Guildford four.Utter embarrassment these pictures beaming across the globe,and if the result had been No there would have been a rerun in 6 months time for a Yes.

Tubberman

Lot of anger, vitriol and intolerance emanating from the north.
come down and share in the love and tolerance of your southern brethren, it's a much nicer existence ;-)
"Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall."

PadraicHenryPearse

Anyone have a link to where I can find the results of areas with a constituency?

Very bitter no side. I wouldn't have the patience to keep calling out intolerance, narrow mindedness and begrudgery from the same posters over and over again on here. so well done to those who do. Opinions presented as fact need to be questioned, it is not bullying or intimation to do so. IMHO.

topcuppla

Quote from: muppet on May 24, 2015, 01:08:36 AM
Quote from: topcuppla on May 24, 2015, 12:02:25 AM
Quote from: imtommygunn on May 23, 2015, 10:31:22 PM
Quote from: stew on May 23, 2015, 08:42:17 PM
Quote from: topcuppla on May 23, 2015, 05:21:45 PM
The hypocrisy on this board defies belief, no one is allowed to question any facet of the gay community (well they can but they are homophobic!!) yet people here can quite happily lambaste and berate a whole religious order because of the actions of a minority.  For all those patting Irish society on the back for standing up for one section of the Irish community whilst attacking another section of the Irish community you should all hold your heads in shame.

Well said, if you were a no vote you tend to get treated like shite, on here is a good indicator of that.

I believe all people should be treated equally and am neither happy about the result or sad because of it, the people have spoken on a matter that has tremendous social impact on the country and we must all now accept the decision and move on.

Have you read some of this guys posts??  Not everyone who says no is homophobic but this guy certainly is!! Complaining about intolerance of intolerance is more than a touch ironic! Voting no is not necessarily intolerant - views like unnatural blah blah blah are.

Muppet and everyone else would disagree!

Not everyone who votes no is homophobic.

But Tony I would disown a gay person in my family Fearon and you who stated that a same sex couple adopting is tantamount to child abuse, are certainly homophobic.

Quote from: muppet on May 18, 2015, 02:22:51 PM

Other than the Church mantra, it is hard to see any reason to vote No that don't involve prejudice to some degree.

And given the intolerance to the church on this board or anyone who supports the church, that pretty much classifies everyone who voted no as homophobic, but it is ok to insult, berate and lambaste a religious institution and those who support as long as everyone is supporting gay rights and patting themselves on the back for being tolerant and forward thinking, you seriously couldn't make the hypocrisy on this board up!

Bord na Mona man

It's some laugh to see that Tony's latest attention seeking guise has been to morph himself into a religious arch-bigot.
This is same fella who once claimed the best shag of his life was with a Summerhill woman back in 1983.  ;)

T Fearon

Exactly.If the No side had won there wouldn't have been any street celebrations as if some huge injustice had just been righted like the freeing of the Guildford Four or Birmingham 6.Truly cringeworthy and embarrassing,as are patronising tweets from the British Prime Minister on the outcome.

Eamonnca1

Now now Tony. Scripture is very clear about mixed fibers. I thought you said you couldn't cherry-pick.

Eamonnca1

Quote from: topcuppla on May 24, 2015, 08:55:30 AM

And given the intolerance to the church on this board or anyone who supports the church, that pretty much classifies everyone who voted no as homophobic, but it is ok to insult, berate and lambaste a religious institution and those who support as long as everyone is supporting gay rights and patting themselves on the back for being tolerant and forward thinking, you seriously couldn't make the hypocrisy on this board up!

Oh play me the world's smallest violin. Even the Iona crowd had a bit of dignity in defeat unlike some of the butthurt homophobes on here. Take your bate'n, you whinging shower of apes!

topcuppla

Quote from: Eamonnca1 on May 24, 2015, 09:16:56 AM

Oh play me the world's smallest violin. Even the Iona crowd had a bit of dignity in defeat unlike some of the butthurt homophobes on here. Take your bate'n, you whinging shower of apes!

I was on the YES vote, you are showing some dignity to people who don't have your views, where about's in Ireland are you celebrating currently?

stew

Feck me, worlds smallest violin  :-[ :-[ :-[ :-[

Armagh, the one true love of a mans life.

imtommygunn

Quote from: topcuppla on May 02, 2015, 07:59:27 AM
Homosexuality is now actively promoted in society, it appears cool to be gay (and yes it is a choice, I know someone who is gay who when they came out turned camp as any stereotypical homosexual) I say again to all the people campaigning for gay rights you would shit a kitten if your son / daughter told you they were gay - no matter what crap you are going to spout here, a man indulging in sexual gratification with another man is not a normal (and I am just using men here as it appears to be all men here), yes people have human rights, they should be able to get married and have all legal right for financial security that brings, but for two men to adopt a child is tantamount to child abuse in my opinion.

Seriously mate. These comments are shocking. If they are not homophobic what is?

gallsman

Quote from: stew on May 24, 2015, 10:42:13 AM

Feck me, worlds smallest violin  :-[ :-[ :-[ :-[

What particular part of the expression is it that you're struggling with?

topcuppla

Quote from: imtommygunn on May 24, 2015, 10:42:26 AM
Quote from: topcuppla on May 02, 2015, 07:59:27 AM
Homosexuality is now actively promoted in society, it appears cool to be gay (and yes it is a choice, I know someone who is gay who when they came out turned camp as any stereotypical homosexual) I say again to all the people campaigning for gay rights you would shit a kitten if your son / daughter told you they were gay - no matter what crap you are going to spout here, a man indulging in sexual gratification with another man is not a normal (and I am just using men here as it appears to be all men here), yes people have human rights, they should be able to get married and have all legal right for financial security that brings, but for two men to adopt a child is tantamount to child abuse in my opinion.

Seriously mate. These comments are shocking. If they are not homophobic what is?

An honest representation of today's society.

imtommygunn

How do you equate someone who came out being camp to it being a choice? Had the fella not"turned" camp would it not have been a choice?