I don't have a vote but would vote "Yes" if I did
107 (46.5%)
I don't have a vote but would vote "No" if I did
26 (11.3%)
I don't have a vote and haven't decided how I would vote if I did
9 (3.9%)

Total Members Voted: 230

Oraisteach

Hardstation, surely you believe in miracles.  You're from Antrim, aren't you?

Oraisteach

Well, I did see St. Jarlath's, Cleveland, win the North American Junior B wearing the saffron. 

muppet

Quote from: Oraisteach on May 23, 2015, 11:18:49 PM
Stoning is "defunct"?  But it's right there in the Bible.  So what other things will, by divine inspiration, become defunct.  And was the Old Testament divinely inspired, and did God just have a change of heart?

How do we know the referendum wasn't divinely inspired?
MWWSI 2017

armaghniac

Quote from: muppet on May 23, 2015, 11:34:34 PM
Quote from: Oraisteach on May 23, 2015, 11:18:49 PM
Stoning is "defunct"?  But it's right there in the Bible.  So what other things will, by divine inspiration, become defunct.  And was the Old Testament divinely inspired, and did God just have a change of heart?

How do we know the referendum wasn't divinely inspired?

Enda Kenny is not God.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

J70

topcuppla

Quote from: imtommygunn on May 23, 2015, 10:31:22 PM
Quote from: stew on May 23, 2015, 08:42:17 PM
Quote from: topcuppla on May 23, 2015, 05:21:45 PM
The hypocrisy on this board defies belief, no one is allowed to question any facet of the gay community (well they can but they are homophobic!!) yet people here can quite happily lambaste and berate a whole religious order because of the actions of a minority.  For all those patting Irish society on the back for standing up for one section of the Irish community whilst attacking another section of the Irish community you should all hold your heads in shame.

Well said, if you were a no vote you tend to get treated like shite, on here is a good indicator of that.

I believe all people should be treated equally and am neither happy about the result or sad because of it, the people have spoken on a matter that has tremendous social impact on the country and we must all now accept the decision and move on.

Have you read some of this guys posts??  Not everyone who says no is homophobic but this guy certainly is!! Complaining about intolerance of intolerance is more than a touch ironic! Voting no is not necessarily intolerant - views like unnatural blah blah blah are.

Muppet and everyone else would disagree!

Eamonnca1

Quote from: T Fearon on May 23, 2015, 11:06:13 PM
Any deviation from the laws implemented by the Church are as a result of divine intervention.The point is,whether the stoning is now defunct or the triviality of mixed fibres ignored,the Bible makes it clear homosexuality is sinful

Seems pretty clear about mixed fibres too. What's your stance on mixed-fibre garments, Tony?

ONeill

Great result but probably a laughable one in 2115. Like admitting the earth ain't flat.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

Gabriel_Hurl

Quote from: T Fearon on May 23, 2015, 08:44:00 PM
Gambling isn't a sin so long as it is done in moderation.

1 Timothy 6:10

Quote"For the love of money is a root of all kinds of evil. Some people, eager for money, have wandered from the faith and pierced themselves with many griefs." (but it's ok in moderation lol)

stew

Armagh, the one true love of a mans life.

From the Bunker

Quote from: T Fearon on May 23, 2015, 08:44:00 PM
Gambling isn't a sin so long as it is done in moderation.

Is homosexuality ok in moderation?

armaghniac

If someone can post conclusive proof that God does not exist, then I will post a picture of myself in a Down jersey riding a Zebra.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

From the Bunker

'A person once asked me, in a provocative manner, if I approved of homosexuality. I replied with another question: 'Tell me: when God looks at a gay person, does he endorse the existence of this person with love, or reject and condemn this person?' We must always consider the person.'

Pope Francis

Gabriel_Hurl

Quote from: hardstation on May 23, 2015, 11:15:17 PM
God doesn't even exist, yis headers.

Ah now HS he does. Has his own Twitter account and all - @TheTweetOfGod

stew

Quote from: Billys Boots on May 23, 2015, 06:15:35 PM
A good day to be a human - what's seldom is wonderful.  Congrats Ireland on your maturity.

Maturity my hole! Ireland has been raped by it's political figures! it's populace, banks and politicians have bankrupt the Country and it is a country that stands for nothing at this juncture save Gay Rights.

Ireland assisted the Nazi's! lets not forget that nugget, it's children got raped at the hands of the clergy and it's Bishops covered it up,  great day to be Irish my hole, I am glad the rights of the homosexuals have been introduced as law as all people, regardless of race, color or creed deserve to be treated equally, but I am aghast at the attitude of some pontificating arseholes on here and their attitude toward those who were no voters!

Be glad you got the vote you wanted and show respect for those with an opposing view, not much to ask I believe.

Armagh, the one true love of a mans life.