NFL Division 3 2015

Started by FermGael, January 26, 2015, 02:39:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ohtoohtobe

Won't pretend to be an expert on Division Three but I'd be absolutely shocked if Clare were relegated.

Throw ball

Quote from: Blowitupref on January 27, 2015, 11:07:15 PM
From last summers championship how many of the Armagh starting 15 has since retired or left the panel?

At the last count McAvoy and Kernan from the starters have retired. Carragher has left the panel and Brian Mallon from the subs bench has retired. Sure Tyrone lost as many on the eve of the league starting!

mylestheslasher

Quote from: sligoman2 on January 27, 2015, 06:33:48 PM
Anyone have any updates on Sligo?  I know McIntyre is not playing and Kelly and curran are bak this week.  Do we have any midfielders?  Is Mcdonell from castleconnor on the panel.

Don't know much about Sligo except that they played Galway in the FBD league in Enniscrone and were bet out the gate. McDonnell is on the panel but was playing with his college up to now.

Old yeller

Quote from: twohands!!! on January 27, 2015, 04:49:32 PM
Quote from: LCohen on January 27, 2015, 03:58:18 PM
Quote from: twohands!!! on January 26, 2015, 05:22:29 PM
Armagh surely have to up - if they don't Geezer will surely be handed his walking papers.
Armagh won't try to get rid of geezer. In fact I don't think they could get rid of him. 5 year contract and all that

It's not an actual contract of employment; in the unlikely event that Armagh didnt get out of Division 3 Geezer would surely fall on his sword given he was taking about challenging for Sam when he took over.

1 year in Division 3 will do enough damage to Armagh's finances, a 2nd year would be a complete catastrophe.

A catastrophe? How do you work that out? Its not soccer. Will they lose out on Champions league money?

twohands!!!

Quote from: Old yeller on January 28, 2015, 11:52:32 AM
Quote from: twohands!!! on January 27, 2015, 04:49:32 PM
Quote from: LCohen on January 27, 2015, 03:58:18 PM
Quote from: twohands!!! on January 26, 2015, 05:22:29 PM
Armagh surely have to up - if they don't Geezer will surely be handed his walking papers.
Armagh won't try to get rid of geezer. In fact I don't think they could get rid of him. 5 year contract and all that

It's not an actual contract of employment; in the unlikely event that Armagh didnt get out of Division 3 Geezer would surely fall on his sword given he was taking about challenging for Sam when he took over.

1 year in Division 3 will do enough damage to Armagh's finances, a 2nd year would be a complete catastrophe.

A catastrophe? How do you work that out? Its not soccer. Will they lose out on Champions league money?

When the Armagh County board publish their accounts next year, you'll be able to see the difference clearly in their income as a result of being in Division 3.

I'm probably overstating it a bit with catastrophe but the finances will take a serious hit (if they are there for a second year, then it wil be even harder)- the thing is that it isn't going to be the senior footballers who suffer from any shortages in money - it will be other areas of the county that take the hit.

RealSpiritof98

Armagh are one of the best supported countys in the country considering how small per head we actually are. I would even say the more of an underdog we are the more we tend to get behind them. For the first time in a long while the right people seem to be in charge regarding finance in the CB and missing out on promotion will now make or break Armagh. Dont get me wrong on the pitch its a must for this team, however, i dont know where the facts are or how you've come to this conclusion but i'll have to strongly disagree with you on that one.

muppet

Quote from: RealSpiritof98 on January 28, 2015, 02:26:29 PM
Armagh are one of the best supported countys in the country considering how small per head we actually are. I would even say the more of an underdog we are the more we tend to get behind them. For the first time in a long while the right people seem to be in charge regarding finance in the CB and missing out on promotion will now make or break Armagh. Dont get me wrong on the pitch its a must for this team, however, i dont know where the facts are or how you've come to this conclusion but i'll have to strongly disagree with you on that one.

I wouldn't describe ye as small per head at all!

You'd be fairly big per head.
MWWSI 2017

tippabu

I was pretty confident of getting promotion this year but with the news that ciaran macdonald, probably our best player, is going to miss out on the whole league campaign. He has the ability to take the oppositions best player out of the game. I still think we will be there or there abouts, fancy clare to go well this year and if its not us who go up with armagh id be surprised if it wasnt them. On the weekends game, i think that armagh will come out on top, wouldnt be surprised if the margin of victory was 5/6 points. How is the weather up there anyway, any chances of the game not going ahead this weekend?

Throw ball

Quote from: tippabu on January 29, 2015, 09:40:55 PM
I was pretty confident of getting promotion this year but with the news that ciaran macdonald, probably our best player, is going to miss out on the whole league campaign. He has the ability to take the oppositions best player out of the game. I still think we will be there or there abouts, fancy clare to go well this year and if its not us who go up with armagh id be surprised if it wasnt them. On the weekends game, i think that armagh will come out on top, wouldnt be surprised if the margin of victory was 5/6 points. How is the weather up there anyway, any chances of the game not going ahead this weekend?

Bit of snow about although the roads are fairly clear. The Athletic Grounds normally fairly good at coping with the wet so providing the snow stays away for the next day or two it should be grand. Weather forecast currently for sleet and rain so still hope all should be ok.

FermGael

Fermanagh made hard work of it but eventually ran out easy winners against Louth this evening.
Louth are a shadow of the team they were a couple of years ago.
Could be a long league campaign for them.
Wanted.  Forwards to take frees.
Not fussy.  Any sort of ability will be considered

Farrandeelin

Could Fermanagh get promoted?
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

FermGael

We look a lot fitter than last year.
We have a much better defensive system this year.
No where near as open as last year and didn't look like conceding goals.
Quigley will trouble all defences in this division and we have tomas Corrigan to come back in up front which will help.
Seems to be a good buzz about the squad this year.
Bit early to talk about promotion.
Another win next Sunday away to Sligo would be needed first.
Wanted.  Forwards to take frees.
Not fussy.  Any sort of ability will be considered

sligoman2

Poor loss to Limerick - it seemed like we played well in patches but not consistent.

Brian curran sent off in the second half when we were 3 points up, turning point of the game, apparently it was a second yellow - both apparently for very little (at least in Tommy Clark and Breheny's opinion).

It could be a long year for us....
I used to be indecisive but now I'm not too sure.

ck

Quote from: sligoman2 on February 01, 2015, 05:08:23 PM
Poor loss to Limerick - it seemed like we played well in patches but not consistent.

Brian curran sent off in the second half when we were 3 points up, turning point of the game, apparently it was a second yellow - both apparently for very little (at least in Tommy Clark and Breheny's opinion).

Agree. A man said to me yesterday that we are in transition. I'd say we have been in transition for 3 or 4 years. Is transition a nice word for "sh*te"?

seafoid

Quote from: ck on February 02, 2015, 10:59:59 AM
Quote from: sligoman2 on February 01, 2015, 05:08:23 PM

Agree. A man said to me yesterday that we are in transition. I'd say we have been in transition for 3 or 4 years. Is transition a nice word for "sh*te"?
It is a fancy way of saying purgatory