NFL Division 3 2015

Started by FermGael, January 26, 2015, 02:39:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

theticklemister

i don't go with armagh being a cert today. Payed poor last week and have to travel this week.

A wee 5er on wexford and cork double today. Pays about 50 quid.

Itchy

Quote from: magpie seanie on February 06, 2015, 03:31:51 PM
Quote from: rodney trotter on February 06, 2015, 12:20:26 PM
Was it the same with Walsh and Pat Flanagan?

When was the last time Sligo won a Connacht Minor or u21 title?  Roscommon a similar size County have a greatpredigree under age, Sligo don't even compete in the Hastings Cup

I don't think Walsh or Flanagan ever managed Waterford but you seem to know it all so please enlighten us? Or are you bullshitting about something you know nothing about?

Believe you me not many have a better idea of the problems we have in Sligo, mostly self inflicted, but those problems won't stop me stop commenting on managers if they are not making the most of what we have.

Sickens my hole this shite - ye haven't won anything at underage so ye are shite, live with it. Sligonian had the same shit from people here before. We have limited resources but what's wrong with expecting to make the best of them? That hasn't happened in years which adds to the frustration.

In fairness magpie, there are not too many counties with zero underage success and as poor club standard as Sligo have (I'm basing this on your senior , intermediate & junior teams efforts in Connacht this year) that expect to do well in their province. I think you need one or the other. Sligo seem destined to struggle from where I stand, admittedly on the outside looking in.

rodney trotter

Quote from: magpie seanie on February 06, 2015, 03:31:51 PM
Quote from: rodney trotter on February 06, 2015, 12:20:26 PM
Was it the same with Walsh and Pat Flanagan?

When was the last time Sligo won a Connacht Minor or u21 title?  Roscommon a similar size County have a greatpredigree under age, Sligo don't even compete in the Hastings Cup

I don't think Walsh or Flanagan ever managed Waterford but you seem to know it all so please enlighten us? Or are you bullshitting about something you know nothing about?

Believe you me not many have a better idea of the problems we have in Sligo, mostly self inflicted, but those problems won't stop me stop commenting on managers if they are not making the most of what we have.

Sickens my hole this shite - ye haven't won anything at underage so ye are shite, live with it. Sligonian had the same shit from people here before. We have limited resources but what's wrong with expecting to make the best of them? That hasn't happened in years which adds to the frustration.

Did I say they managed Waterford? I was referring to them managing Sligo

Sligo teams at all levels were poor last year in the Connacht Club championship as well as poor Under age record, it might not all be the managers fault

BennyCake

Quote from: rodney trotter on February 08, 2015, 11:48:13 AM
Munster V Leinster in a Munster Venue
Ulster V Connacht . Ulster Venue

Cheers, Dave.

sligoman2

I think seanies point is that the managers in question have not always played the best talent that was available, which I agree with.

Underage record is pathetic without doubt but we can still pull off a big upset every so often.  Hopefully the center in scarden helps.  I don't understand why we don't play in the Hastings cup it makes no sense
I used to be indecisive but now I'm not too sure.

David McKeown

Quote from: rodney trotter on February 08, 2015, 11:20:35 AM
The Railway Cup is played over the next 2 weekends ,and the Sigerson Cup in that period too.

Ah ok. Would it not be more sensible to move those competitions to avoid the big break in the league?
2022 Allianz League Prediction Competition Winner

rodney trotter

Yeah it probaly would , stops the momentum a bit, although it gives teams who have players carrying injuries a chance to be back for Round 3.

armaghniac

There is also the club semis in this break.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

AZOffaly

Good win for Tipperary in thurles today. Serious fog by all accounts. Glad to see they didn't have a negative reaction to last week.

Oraisteach

Can anyone post the Div. 3 results?  Not on Aertel yet.  Armagh beat Wexford 2-13 to 1-08.

AZOffaly

Allianz FL Div 3 results: Louth 1-16 Clare 0-13, Sligo 0-12 Fermanagh 0-14, Wexford 1-08 Armagh 2-13, Tipperary 1-14 Limerick 1-02 #gaa

Oraisteach

magpie seanie

Really depressing stuff today. No shape at all to what we are doing. Hard to believe there was only 2 points in it at the end along with us missing a gilt edged goal chance.

There was a bit of method to Fermanagh but unfortunately for them their gameplan of trying to get ball in to Quigley was thwarted by a back on song Ross Donovan. He was back to the old Ross. Excellent. Mark Breheny was also very good, best game I have seen from him in years. Murf did well but is being asked to do too many jobs - win kickouts, defend, playmaker, scorer. He looks sharp though.

Orior

Quote from: theticklemister on February 08, 2015, 12:29:44 PM
i don't go with armagh being a cert today. Payed poor last week and have to travel this week.

A wee 5er on wexford and cork double today. Pays about 50 quid.

D'oh!
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

FermGael

Good win for Fermanagh and we really should have won by more.
We never really finished Sligo off and nearly paid for it in the second half when the Sligo number 14 missed an absolute sitter with only the keeper to beat. 

Fermanagh played well when they ran at pace against the Sligo defence. 
Donovan did well on Quigley but it also helped that for some reason certain Fermanagh players decided to fire Hail Mary balls on Sean for the majority of the time.

No idea who the idiot on the sideline was shouting abuse at Quigley when he took the free in front of the Sligo dugout.  It got the perfect response from Sean.

Goal chance aside Fermanagh looked defensively sound.  Our midfield won the majority of possession.
Up front we need another option as well as Quigley.  He was isolated for a lot of the game and needs some help up there.  Tomas Corrigan could have helped if he would not have picked up a black card within about a minute of coming on. 

We have a very young panel with the exception of McCluskey.  Most of the starting team must be under 25.  Young McMahon from Roslea at whb looks a real find.  Very composed on the ball.
Seems to be good togetherness about the panel and they seem a lot more organised this year under McGrath.
2 games. 2 wins.  Tipperary in Brewster in three weeks.  Massive game. 

Wanted.  Forwards to take frees.
Not fussy.  Any sort of ability will be considered