NFL Division 3 2015

Started by FermGael, January 26, 2015, 02:39:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

armaghniac

Remember you can only transition from Purgatory to Heaven, you won't be relegated from Purgatory!
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

tippabu

Next weeks fixtures

Wexford v Armagh. Wexford got off to a terrible start but this clare team is very decent, Armagh were poor against us and were lucky to come away with the win. Id fancy Armagh to win an awful lot more comfortable in this one but going from what I saw they they are really limited going forward, poor shooting and a reluctance to shoot, they're main tactic seems to be just to get it to clarke and let him do the damage.

Tipp v Limerick. Limerick looked to be in turmoil coming into the league but have gotten off to a good start and confidence will be up. Ourselves are bitterly disappointed with our loss at Armagh and pretty much cannot slip up again for the remainder. I fancy us to win this, we played Limerick twice in the gaelic grounds in the last two years, league and champ, and won both easily.

Louth v Clare. Clare are a team on the up and will be there or thereabouts for promotion this year, Louth just going by the score in enniskillen look like it could be a struggle for them this year. I fancy clare here, this match should tell us if clare are really as good as they looked in first game and if louth are as bad as they looked.

Sligo v Fermanagh. Good win for fermangh and a bad loss for sligo, to be honest i havent really a clue how this one will go and how good either are

Interesting that all 4 games are the winning teams against teams who lost, all very important games early on in the campaign, a win is a must for the teams who lost first day out.

Throw ball

Sounds a fair summary Tippabu. Outside of Louth I have not seen much of the other teams in this division the last couple of years. Tipperary can take a score but will have to tighten up defensively. Armagh were extremely poor but still got there in end. Hopefully we meet again in the league final.

On yesterday's show I can see were you are coming from in relation to Armagh forwards. As an Armagh supporter I know Armagh forwards are better than that. They really missed Dyas passing ability and playing Campbell in midfield takes him away from were he is best. Kernan has been poor so far this year but will get better and if only Forker would concentrate on his football he would be a good one. Early days yet.

tippabu

Tipp team to play limerick

Evan Comerford

Andrew morrisey
paddy Codd
Alan Cambell

Donagh leahy
peter Acheson
seamus kennedy

Stephen o'brien
Colin o'riordan

George Hannigan
Barry grogan
brian fix

Conor Sweeney
michael quinlivan
ian

Game has been moved from thurles to tempeltouhy, aparently thurles is unplayable.

magpie seanie

Quote from: ck on February 02, 2015, 10:59:59 AM
Quote from: sligoman2 on February 01, 2015, 05:08:23 PM
Poor loss to Limerick - it seemed like we played well in patches but not consistent.

Brian curran sent off in the second half when we were 3 points up, turning point of the game, apparently it was a second yellow - both apparently for very little (at least in Tommy Clark and Breheny's opinion).

It could be a long year for us....

Agree. A man said to me yesterday that we are in transition. I'd say we have been in transition for 3 or 4 years. Is transition a nice word for "sh*te"?

I'm not hearing great things about our new manager. Waterford don't seem to be missing him either....

rodney trotter

Was it the same with Walsh and Pat Flanagan?

When was the last time Sligo won a Connacht Minor or u21 title?  Roscommon a similar size County have a greatpredigree under age, Sligo don't even compete in the Hastings Cup

FermGael

Quote from: magpie seanie on February 06, 2015, 12:12:15 PM
Poor loss to Limerick - it seemed like we played well in patches but not consistent.

Brian curran sent off in the second half when we were 3 points up, turning point of the game, apparently it was a second yellow - both apparently for very little (at least in Tommy Clark and Breheny's opinion).

Agree. A man said to me yesterday that we are in transition. I'd say we have been in transition for 3 or 4 years. Is transition a nice word for "sh*te"?

I'm not hearing great things about our new manager. Waterford don't seem to be missing him either....

Reverse psychology.

Seanie is there road works around the ground this weather?

Wanted.  Forwards to take frees.
Not fussy.  Any sort of ability will be considered

magpie seanie

Quote from: rodney trotter on February 06, 2015, 12:20:26 PM
Was it the same with Walsh and Pat Flanagan?

When was the last time Sligo won a Connacht Minor or u21 title?  Roscommon a similar size County have a greatpredigree under age, Sligo don't even compete in the Hastings Cup

I don't think Walsh or Flanagan ever managed Waterford but you seem to know it all so please enlighten us? Or are you bullshitting about something you know nothing about?

Believe you me not many have a better idea of the problems we have in Sligo, mostly self inflicted, but those problems won't stop me stop commenting on managers if they are not making the most of what we have.

Sickens my hole this shite - ye haven't won anything at underage so ye are shite, live with it. Sligonian had the same shit from people here before. We have limited resources but what's wrong with expecting to make the best of them? That hasn't happened in years which adds to the frustration.

magpie seanie

Quote from: FermGael on February 06, 2015, 01:22:32 PM
Quote from: magpie seanie on February 06, 2015, 12:12:15 PM

Reverse psychology.

Seanie is there road works around the ground this weather?

They're working on widening the bridge on your approach into Sligo but if anything this will help you on the way to Markievicz. Might delay you on the way home, one lane northbound on the bridge is closed but they might not be working Sunday so it could be ok.

tippabu

Looks like tipp limerick is back in semple, happy with that, would be confident on a win

magpie seanie

Quote from: tippabu on February 07, 2015, 05:06:19 PM
Looks like tipp limerick is back in semple, happy with that, would be confident on a win

I think ye will win pretty handily. Several of Limerick's better players are not on their panel or injured and of course Galvin retired.

David McKeown

What's the reasoning for playing two weeks in a row then not playing for three weeks. Seems silly to me surely there's a better way to organise the league than that.
2022 Allianz League Prediction Competition Winner

rodney trotter

The Railway Cup is played over the next 2 weekends ,and the Sigerson Cup in that period too.

BennyCake

Quote from: rodney trotter on February 08, 2015, 11:20:35 AM
The Railway Cup is played over the next 2 weekends ,and the Sigerson Cup in that period too.

Any word on the RC venues and fixtures?

rodney trotter

Munster V Leinster in a Munster Venue
Ulster V Connacht . Ulster Venue