Donegal v Armagh Championship game

Started by MrC, April 18, 2007, 10:48:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rma13

Being a member of a club is not going to guarantee a ticket anyway!!  Apparently our club will most likely get about 70 tickets for a membership of over 300!!, Maths has never been my strong point but even I realise that means not everyone who is a member will get a ticket & be able to attend the match!!!, let the raffle begin.

ard mhaca abu

QuoteBeing a member of a club is not going to guarantee a ticket anyway!!  Apparently our club will most likely get about 70 tickets for a membership of over 300!!, Maths has never been my strong point but even I realise that means not everyone who is a member will get a ticket & be able to attend the match!!!, let the raffle begin.

well in r club commitee members get 1st preferance then playing members, and then ur average club member, therefore as a playing member i will probably get a ticket...

naka

have to say 80/90 tickets per club will prob be enough i normally go to games with family but as it is on tv,travelling to donegal doesnt appeal to MRS so am going alone, a lot of mates are of a similiar mind,
anyway chances are that Mc Grane may not be 100% fit

Rma13

Same in our club re. committee members & players, but I'm just a bog standard member who attends matches, so I'll be last on the list, not holding out much hope, looks like I'll be waving my flag in front of the TV!

diesel-smuggler

i feel sorry for the many juvenile members of clubs that attend armagh matches it is virtually impossible that they will get tickets above adult members! there is no student concessions or family tickets! that really is excellent public relations for the promotion of the g.a.a. throughout this province!

in our club tickets are normally distributed :- first preference committee members, underage management, lotto sellers, playing members, general members.

alot of people will be extremely disapointed next week when they realise that they will have to stay at home.  :-\ :-\ :-\

ard mhaca abu

have to agree with diesel-smuggler on the juvenile's missing out..in fairness its a joke that the game is in ballybofey depriving so many people of attendin the game...

Gaoth Dobhair Abu

Quote from: ard mhaca abu on May 16, 2007, 10:00:20 AM
have to agree with diesel-smuggler on the juvenile's missing out..in fairness its a joke that the game is in ballybofey depriving so many people of attendin the game...

We've been over this ground already! The games in Ballybofey because Donegal have home advantage!!!!!  ::)
Tbc....

ard mhaca abu

i know we have...but its a loss to some many supporter's from both teams...huge mistake by the ulster council...

Uladh

2004 is a lifetime ago in footballl terms now. anyone who was going to make it through from that panel is well and truely showing for the seniors now. with that criteria in mind, A Mallon, A Kernan, McKeever, B Mallon and arguably duffy, mackin & Moriarty have pushed on. To get any more than that from any one u21 team is reaching anyway and it's notable that Brian Mallon is the only real forward among them. The disappointing lads from that team would include austin, mcnamee, toal, swift, murtagh & s kernan. that said, natural selection would mitigate against a single age group populating a senior team on masse.

ard mhaca abu

wel peadar toal is still there although he is certainly on his way back from injury...would be disappointed with most of ur selection also..

Uladh

by anyones criteria, toal is at the bottom of that list

Candyman

Quote from: Uladh on May 16, 2007, 10:57:05 AM

by anyones criteria, toal is at the bottom of that list
take yer redner Uladh!!!! Toal is one of the most naturally gifted footballers in that list, just hasn't produced the goods yet but he has been hampered with a lot of injuries!!! ::)

ard mhaca abu

totally agree with candyman...toal is definately an naturally gifted footballer and definately has a future in county football...prob one of the best player we had on the u21 all-ireland winning squad..

tackle

Quote from: ard mhaca abu on May 16, 2007, 09:07:52 AM
QuoteBeing a member of a club is not going to guarantee a ticket anyway!!  Apparently our club will most likely get about 70 tickets for a membership of over 300!!, Maths has never been my strong point but even I realise that means not everyone who is a member will get a ticket & be able to attend the match!!!, let the raffle begin.

well in r club commitee members get 1st preferance then playing members, and then ur average club member, therefore as a playing member i will probably get a ticket...
Playing member??????????????????????  Enough said the better bout that one!!!  lol!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!11

Uladh

I'm not trying to pick a row but the debate was who has forced their way through and established themselves / contributed on the county senior team. what has austin, mcnamee, toal, swift, murtagh & s kernan contributed to the senior team since 2004?

natural gifts are irrelevent. arguably ryan henderson is as naturally gifted as toal, there are plenty of naturally gifted lads down my local. you can only judge on substance.