S Kernan
McKeever
McDonnell
Clarke
Marsden

No Mc Conville??
Did Clarke make a recovery??!!!

Orchard Warrior

If clarke doesn't start, mcconville will.

Uladh

Quote from: Orchard Warrior on May 09, 2007, 11:27:07 AM

Likely Armagh Team Vs Donegal

Hearty
Mallon
McNulty
Moriarty
kernan
McGeeney
McKeever
McGrane
Toner
o'rourke
S Kernan
McKeever
McDonnell
Clarke
Marsden

Good God. A sub on his club team but playing a pivotal role at centre half forward on the county team.

gander

Eh, pretty sure Ronan Clarke might be injured!  McConville will definitley start.  I'd say Marsden will be in centre half with loughran in full forward, wouldn't be my pick though.

realredhandfan

what 10 -11 of the team with a surname starting with m, thats bound to be a better team sheet than tyrones.  I think that Armagh will probably expose Donegal to their knees, and subsequently if Donegal can get a result they are my favourites for the all ireland. Armagh will be as tough as old boots this year and one things for sure neither Tyrone nor Donegal will beat them by more than a point or two. This is undoubtedly the game of the championship helped not hindered by the return to particsan grounds for the Ulster championship. just like the good ole days.  Bring it on.      

Feckitt

Shite, I've just realised that my Van Morrison tickets for Warrenpoint are the same day as the match.  Does anyone know what time the championship match is at.  It will hardly be early enough to get to Warrenpoint for 7.30.  Oul Van will have to start without me. What time is the game?

Uladh

full back

thebandit

What time is the game due to start?

BTW I think there's a wee bit of truth in the Clarke rumour, cant see him starting though

Goats Do Shave

Well you seen him run across the field at half time v Down in the league at Cross.

He looked ok to me that day. Have also been chatting to his brother a few weeks ago...he said he was in great shape! Himself & wee Brian were both at the same level roughly!!

full back

Big big difference in running across a field & playing in the white heat of championship football

Donagh

I had been hearing similar things about Clarke and Mallon myself. Apparently they were talking part fully in the La Manga training, but even if they have recovered it'll still take a while before they're match fit. Either way I doubt we'll see either against Donegal and I'd hope Joe wouldn't be silly enough to play them before they're ready.

stew

I agree with Donagh, if joe rushes these boys back it will hurt them in the long term, Clarke has been injury prone his whole career and so he needs to be treated with kid gloves and i hope he is not back until he is right.

Mallon is a huge loss but the same principle applies, bring them back when they are fit to be back and not before.
Armagh, the one true love of a mans life.

Goats Do Shave

I was just saying...for a big man, & to be out for such a time, I thought he was looking in decent shape! - you would expect him to put on weight etc. Fair play to him, he's been looking after himself!

Have to say I wouldn't risk either of them.

What would be the ideal way to get them 'match fit'? Would you suggest a challenge game, some club football??