Donegal v Armagh Championship game

Started by MrC, April 18, 2007, 10:48:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gaoth Dobhair Abu

Tbc....

J70

Quote from: Gaoth Dobhair Abu on May 01, 2007, 12:41:47 PM
Whats wrong with Thompson????

Knee ligaments. He got injured scoring a goal against Limerick.

ExiledGael

More devastating news for Armagh, turns out the worst fears for Bellew were correct.
He has done serious cruciate ligament damage and will be out for the whole season!

Donagh

Quote from: ExiledGael on May 02, 2007, 09:28:44 PM
More devastating news for Armagh, turns out the worst fears for Bellew were correct.
He has done serious cruciate ligament damage and will be out for the whole season!

I'm no expert or anything but I do know the cruciate ligaments are located in the knee. Francie has injured his ankle, so I think you're off the mark on that one Gael. He'll still not make the Donegal game though.

ExiledGael

Don't know where the ankle story came from, it was originally a knee scare. I've heard straight from someone who definately knows the story and it's his cruciate ligament, the fourth identical injury in the Armagh panel this year!

The Bottom Brick

QuoteAny word on the Devenney situation?
Is he going to take the injections?

Yeah I was talkin to him and he's taking them alright.

Wake up you plank.
33, 35, 47, 48, 52, 07!

Donagh

Quote from: ExiledGael on May 02, 2007, 10:33:02 PM
Don't know where the ankle story came from, it was originally a knee scare. I've heard straight from someone who definately knows the story and it's his cruciate ligament, the fourth identical injury in the Armagh panel this year!

The ankle story comes from the Armagh management. As I said on the Armagh thread, I was at the game when Francie was injured. He played on for 5 minutes after he was injured before being replaced. The problem was with his ankle not his knee. Your information is wrong.

full back

Quote from: The Bottom Brick on May 02, 2007, 11:54:07 PM
QuoteAny word on the Devenney situation?

Wake up you plank.
What the fcuk are you on about?

Gaoth Dobhair Abu

Its a shame to see that Francie's going to miss the Donegal match, he'll be sorely missed!   ;)
Tbc....

Uladh

Wrong Donagh... ankle injury was thrown out as a smoke screen. Joe was in the paper yesterday talking about francie's knee injury and that he defo won't play against donegal

Donagh

Quote from: Uladh on May 03, 2007, 10:15:35 AM

Wrong Donagh... ankle injury was thrown out as a smoke screen. Joe was in the paper yesterday talking about francie's knee injury and that he defo won't play against donegal

If it's not his cruciate, why would they be trying to create a smokes screen? I work with a boy who wrecked his cruciate sking the other week and he says there is no way on earth Francie would have been able to play on with that injury.

The Bottom Brick

QuoteQuote
Any word on the Devenney situation?

Wake up you plank.

He's hardly going to come out and tell the world weeks in advance if he's planning to take pain killing injections on the morning of the Armagh match is he?
33, 35, 47, 48, 52, 07!

full back

Quote from: Donagh on May 03, 2007, 10:23:42 AM
Quote from: Uladh on May 03, 2007, 10:15:35 AM

If it's not his cruciate, why would they be trying to create a smokes screen? I work with a boy who wrecked his cruciate sking the other week and he says there is no way on earth Francie would have been able to play on with that injury.

There are different types of cruciate injuries.
In Aussie rules, it has happened on occasion were players have walked off with the injury
Now that is brave & f**king hard ;)

full back

Quote from: The Bottom Brick on May 03, 2007, 10:25:28 AM
QuoteQuote
Any word on the Devenney situation?

Wake up you plank.

He's hardly going to come out and tell the world weeks in advance if he's planning to take pain killing injections on the morning of the Armagh match is he?

You stupid b4stard, he was the one that mentioned the injury & what he may have to do in order to play against Armagh

Donagh

From Setanta:

Bellew injury blow for Armagh
Joe Kernan (Inpho)
Joe Kernan (Inpho)
Thursday, 3 May 09:09 BST    
    Digg This!
Armagh's Francie Bellew has been ruled out of this summer's Senior Football Championship, it was confirmed on Wednesday night.

The Crossmaglen defender suffered a cruciate ligament injury in a club championship match, which rules him out of action for several months at least.

"The cruciate is completely ruptured. He's going to be out for months and month," county boss Joe Kernan confirmed to the Irish Mirror.

"We were living in hope that something would show up that he would work on it and rebuild it instead of having to have the operation. But unfortunately, it's very serious."

It's the fourth such major injury headache for Armagh with Ronan Clarke, Brian Mallon and JP Donnelly also sidelined in the long-term but Kernan is confident that his player will return to inter-county football at some stage.

"He's been our Mr Reliable and this is very hard to take. He's very disappointed himself.

"It's different rebuilding the knee when you're 30 than when you're 21, but we will do everything we can to get Francie back and make sure he gets the best treatment as we do with all our injured players."

The county squad head out to a five-day training session in La Manga this week.