Donegal v Armagh Championship game

Started by MrC, April 18, 2007, 10:48:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ard mhaca abu

B Mallon and Clarke are def out, A Mallon is only 50/50 and from what i hear they are not going to risk him. Marsden has tweaked a hamstring and should be fit to play against Donegal but could not be in the best shape as he could not play against Meath yesterday!! the full back line for Armagh yesterday was Moriarity, McNulty and that Granemore lad (can't remember his name, it is monday afterall)

andy was playin yesterday against meath from what i hear...

illdecide

Quote from: ard mhaca abu on May 14, 2007, 03:41:06 PM
B Mallon and Clarke are def out, A Mallon is only 50/50 and from what i hear they are not going to risk him. Marsden has tweaked a hamstring and should be fit to play against Donegal but could not be in the best shape as he could not play against Meath yesterday!! the full back line for Armagh yesterday was Moriarity, McNulty and that Granemore lad (can't remember his name, it is monday afterall)

andy was playin yesterday against meath from what i hear...

Well then the Armagh doctor is telling me porkies, ill smash his face in the next time i see him :D
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

ard mhaca abu

u do that..but we dont need any injuries so dont bother..lol

bennydorano

Quote from: ard mhaca abu on May 14, 2007, 03:41:06 PM
the full back line for Armagh yesterday was Moriarity, McNulty and that Granemore lad (can't remember his name, it is monday afterall)

Please tell me it was Toner and not McClelland :-[ If McClelland is anywhere near the first 15 v Donegal we're doomed.

Uladh

From Hogan Stand:

Armagh defeat Meath in SF challenge
15 May 2007

Joe Kernan's Armagh side continued their preparations for their Ulster SFC opener against Donegal in Ballybofey on Sunday, 27th of May when on Sunday evening 13th May at the Seneschalstown venue in Co. Meath they defeated the Royal county in an interesting and competitive challenge game on a scoreline of 2-11 to 1-11. The game was held to mark the official opening of improved facilities at the Senchalstown venue and drew a big attendance.

Both sides used the occasion to try out some players ahead of their championship games in the coming weeks, and at the end of the game the team managements were delighted with the work-out.

Meath had the better of the opening half and led at the interval by 1-6 to 1-4. The tempo of the game improved from the start of the second-half and Armagh put themselves in the driving seat towards the end of the third quarter thanks to an Oisin McConville goal. Both sides attacked at every opportunity and the closing minutes were exciting as the home side finished strongly. However, Armagh showed why they are still one of the top sides i the country with late points from Tony McClelland and Paul Keenan for a narrow but deserved one goal victory.

Top scorer for the winners were corner-forwards Oisin McConville and Steven McDonnell who finished the game with 1-2 apiece, while attacking wing-half back Aaron Kernan caught the eye scoring three points into the bargain. Many of the 'new faces' on the Armagh side impressed against strong opposition from the Royal county side.

Armagh – C. McKinney; B. Donaghy, E. McNulty, F. Moriarty; A. Kernan (0-3), K. McGeeney, C. McKeever; J. Laverty, K. Toner; P. McKeever (0-1), S. Kernan, Martin O'Rourke (0-1); S. McDonnell (1-2), M. Mackin, O. McConville (1-2).
Subs – P. Keenan (0-1) for Mackin, C. Vernon for Laverty, Michael O'Rourke for McConville, K. Dyas for Donaghy, S. Forker for Martin O'Rourke, T. McClelland (0-1) for McGeeney.

Meath – R. Nolan; C. O'Connor, S. MacGabhann, B. O'Reilly; P. Howard, S. Kenny, S. Sheppard; J. Donegan, N. Crawford; P. Curran, J. Sheridan (0-2), M. Burke; R. Maguire (1-2), C. Ward (0-4), G. Geraghty.
Subs – D. Fay for O'Reilly, M. Ward for Donegan, P. Byrne for Curran, N. McKeigue for O'Connor, S. Bray (0-1) for Ward, N. McLoughlin (0-1) for Burke, B. Murphy for Nolan, E. Harrington for MacGabhann, A. Moyles (0-1) for Crawford, B. Farrell for Maguire.

Referee – Pat McEnaney (Monaghan).

Telling contribution from our centre forward i'm told...

naka

uladh, how did our centre  half forward play

Uladh

Wasn't at it but first hand accounts say the usual

neutral

I see Paddy Mc keever scored a point for Armagh in this game.  As they say form is temporary; class is permanent.

Armamike

If we play those half forward and full back line ups against Donegal we're fooked.  Badly need Andy Mallon at corner back and Marsden at CHF.
That's just, like your opinion man.

Hank Everlast

Well i think we can have a fairly good stab at the team we will see line out against donegal now.
however heres wat i wud like to see

C. McKinney,
A. Mallon,
E. McNulty,
F. Moriarty,
A. Kernan,
K. McGeeney,
C. McKeever,
P. McGrane,
K. Toner,
P. McKeever,
M. O'Rourke,
P. Toal,
S. McDonnell,
D. Marsden,
O. McConville.

Subs – P. Keenan, C. Vernon,  Michael O'Rourke,  K. Dyas, P. Loughran, P. Duffy

Uladh

Reliably informed that the team will be:

P. Hearty,
A. Mallon,
E. McNulty,
F. Moriarty,
A. Kernan,
K. McGeeney,
C. McKeever,
P. McGrane,
K. Toner,
P. McKeever,
S. Kernan,
M. O'Rourke,
S. McDonnell,
D. Marsden,
O. McConville.

naka

have to say uladh you probably wont be far off, although I dont like the full back,l

corn02

It is the CHF I would be more worried about.

High Catch

Any reports on who played well? Did any of the fringe players do anything to merit a starting position? I presume that the Meath game was the last chance to stake a claim and usually somebody comes up with an eye-catching performance.

Uladh

The summary i was given in bullet form...

full back line cleaned out
Half back line attacked well but leaked a lot of scores, including mckeever and Geezer,
Midfield pair did very well
played with 5 forwards (mor in around the middle)
half forwards of McKeever and SK were death
Mackin had a horse of a game
Stevie very sharp and oisin disinterested
subs only got a few minutes bar keenan, who got 20 mins but was very very bad.