Donegal v Armagh Championship game

Started by MrC, April 18, 2007, 10:48:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Armagh4SamAgain

Whats the Clady shortcup Donagh? Are u messin about again?  :-[
'We just go out to play our football and let the critics say what they want. They usually do anyway"

Donagh

Quote from: Armagh4SamAgain on April 27, 2007, 10:13:53 AM
Whats the Clady shortcup Donagh? Are u messin about again?  :-[

No, I'm not kidding. After you go round the Newtownstewart bypass on the road to Strabane, go up a few mile and look out for a road on your left signposted 'Glebe' or 'Clady' and keep following that through Clady village and over the bridge (border). Take a left at the T-junction and you're into Castlefinn. Ballybofey's just a few miles straight up that road. You bypass Strabane, Lifford etc... and save about 30-45minutes on your journey.

Six Inch Nail

I went that direction a few times Donagh, a great job right enough.
Silverbridge Harps GAC, Co. Armagh

Armagh4SamAgain

I thought u were messing telling me to take a short cut thru Clady!! I didnt no theres another Clady near Strabane!  ;D ;D ;D
'We just go out to play our football and let the critics say what they want. They usually do anyway"

Fear ón Srath Bán

Quote from: Armagh4SamAgain on April 27, 2007, 12:19:02 PM
I thought u were messing telling me to take a short cut thru Clady!! I didnt no theres another Clady near Strabane!  ;D ;D ;D

Aka Urney  ;)
Carlsberg don't do Gombeenocracies, but by jaysus if they did...

realredhandfan

The game should be in Ballybofey.  Maybe within Armagh county board now they will focus on building a quality Athletic grounds replacement or home pitch as they will hopefully see there are advantages to be had in having a high quality county ground.  Hopefully!

thejuice

BRENDAN DEVENNEY OUT FOR 3 MONTHS

Donegal forward Brendan Devenney has been told that his stomach muscle injury will take three months to heal.
The news is a major blow to the new National League champions' Championship prospects ahead of their Ulster SFC opener against Armagh on 27 May.

"I've been told three months, it's a disaster," Devenney told BBC Sport.

The player has been told that an injection might enable him to play and train but he acknowledged that this situation would be "far from ideal".

The St Eunan's clubman underwent a scan this week after retiring hurt in the NFL final against Mayo.

It won't be the next manager but the one after that Meath will become competitive again - MO'D 2016

continuity tug

i have a good feeling about this game
back in 2002 we had a quiet exit in the nfl when tymoan won it for the first time
we beat them in the 1st round in ulster and went on to win sam
in 2007 our nfl was low key and donegal have won the nfl for the first time
time to go to ballybofey and show them who is boss

J70

Quote from: continuity tug on April 29, 2007, 03:26:18 PM
i have a good feeling about this game
back in 2002 we had a quiet exit in the nfl when tymoan won it for the first time
we beat them in the 1st round in ulster and went on to win sam
in 2007 our nfl was low key and donegal have won the nfl for the first time
time to go to ballybofey and show them who is boss

Yep, as in 2002, the planets are aligned and everything is in place for Armagh to go on and win Sam this year!

J70

Devenney will be a huge loss, but at least he should be back for the latter stages of the Championship, assuming we're still involved. With Leon Thompson out for the season, however, we've lost two of our speediest forwards. Adrian Sweeney may start yet against Armagh, as Kevin McMenamin might be a wee bit on the tiny side for those big Armagh fellas! Or maybe Michael Doherty will be get a chance, given his dead ball skills.

ExiledGael

Massive loss for Donegal if he doesn't make it, I still think he will play against Armagh, allbeit with a painkilling injection or something.

David McKeown

Any truth in the rumour the game will be in Letterkenny rather than Ballybofey
2022 Allianz League Prediction Competition Winner

MrC

Quote from: David McKeown on April 29, 2007, 09:40:10 PM
Any truth in the rumour the game will be in Letterkenny rather than Ballybofey

:D
'Sam's For The Hills' - Anthony Molloy, 20th September 1992

full back

Any word on the Devenney situation?
Is he going to take the injections?

lurganblue

i'd say if he takes the injections and plays, he'll be in for some rough treatment when on the ball. lots of hard digs to the stomach (in an attempt to get the ball of course  ;)  )

hence the phrase, "take the middle out of him!"..... not that i would advocate such behaviour  :)