Down Club Hurling & Football

Started by Lecale2, November 10, 2006, 12:06:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

No1

QuoteQuote from: Mid Down Gael on Today at 10:12:52 AM
Does anyone know why there are East Down reserve fixtures made for Monday night? The Down championship quarter finals draw to a conclusion on Monday and i thought Wednesday night would have made more sence to play these games.
Im sure many gaels will want to be in Newcastle to see Clonduff v Liatroim and hear the simi final draw after it. Typical East Down board.

We played last night instead, I think only teams out of the championship are involved.

Nope, Kilclief II's have to play against Ardglass II's on Monday night, the night before our seniors play Atticall in the IFC!

Anybody seen any league tables for either section of the EDRFL??

supersub

Anyone know when the next round of the PRFC and RFC are?

down6061689194

Quote from: supersub on August 22, 2009, 06:44:33 PM
Anyone know when the next round of the PRFC and RFC are?
I think they were scheduled for Monday and some on friday for cubs out of the championship. Could be wrong

western exile

Quote from: niveaformen on August 20, 2009, 09:26:36 PM
Quote from: too long ref on August 20, 2009, 05:49:52 PM
Quote from: niveaformen on August 20, 2009, 01:22:11 PM
Quote from: too long ref on August 20, 2009, 12:57:42 PM
Quote from: too long ref on August 20, 2009, 02:12:58 AM
I see and hear jamie o'reilly has signed a 3 year contract with the richmond tigers.  congratulations to him and good luck.  Big miss for loughinisland and down, a great talent.
well it was on the richmond tigers website last night.  RICHMOND TIGERS HAVE SIGNED THERE FIRST IRISH NFL PLAYER, AND A QUOTE FROM JAMIE SAYING ''IM REALLY LOOKING FORWARD TO IT AND HE WILL JOI UP WITH THE TEAM FOR THE 09/10 SEASON''.  thats what was the headlines anyway.
Nah thats lies, he hasnt put pen to paper
http://209.85.229.132/search?q=cache:WKGWGia8vxoJ:www.richmondfc.com.au/news/newsarticle/tabid/6301/newsid/82750/default.aspx+jamie+o%27reilly+richmond+tigers&cd=1&hl=en&ct=clnk
Dont believe that, he hasn't signed a contract yet. Read the irish News tomorrow
Are you Brendan Crossan ?   ???

idontbelieveit

I hear the island won by two tonight... any reports?

Mid Down Gael

Quote from: idontbelieveit on August 22, 2009, 07:59:19 PM
I hear the island won by two tonight... any reports?

Just home from game. Terrible match, two bad teams. Gordon was the difference wearing number 11. I wont even comment on the referee though im sure some posters will.

Highlander3

I heard that young O'Reilly has signed with an Austrilian Rules team, does anyone know if this is true?

mournerambler

Quote from: too long ref on August 20, 2009, 05:49:52 PM
Quote from: niveaformen on August 20, 2009, 01:22:11 PM
Quote from: too long ref on August 20, 2009, 12:57:42 PM
Quote from: too long ref on August 20, 2009, 02:12:58 AM
I see and hear jamie o'reilly has signed a 3 year contract with the richmond tigers.  congratulations to him and good luck.  Big miss for loughinisland and down, a great talent.

well it was on the richmond tigers website last night.  RICHMOND TIGERS HAVE SIGNED THERE FIRST IRISH NFL PLAYER, AND A QUOTE FROM JAMIE SAYING ''IM REALLY LOOKING FORWARD TO IT AND HE WILL JOI UP WITH THE TEAM FOR THE 09/10 SEASON''.  thats what was the headlines anyway.

Nah thats lies, he hasnt put pen to paper

http://209.85.229.132/search?q=cache:WKGWGia8vxoJ:www.richmondfc.com.au/news/newsarticle/tabid/6301/newsid/82750/default.aspx+jamie+o%27reilly+richmond+tigers&cd=1&hl=en&ct=clnk
[/b]

That's old news Highlander3 but here you go.

Lecale2

Will the Castlewellan pitch take 3 hurling matches this afternoon? There was very heavy rain over night.

Bitta-Banter

Darragh Cross V Downpatrick IFC 1/4 final game has been switched from Hilltown to Bright at 5 today.
I'd say a few of them Hurling games will be moved also

Mid Down Gael

Quote from: Bitta-Banter on August 23, 2009, 11:08:36 AM
Darragh Cross V Downpatrick IFC 1/4 final game has been switched from Hilltown to Bright at 5 today.

Very sensible move to swich this. Hilltown pitch dosent take the rain too well and it would have been a shame if the countys top two teams had to play on a pitch tore up by a curtain raiser.

mournerambler

Quote from: Mid Down Gael on August 23, 2009, 12:01:32 PM

Very sensible move to swich this. Hilltown pitch dosent take the rain too well and it would have been a shame if the countys top two teams had to play on a pitch tore up by a curtain raiser.

f**king joke that Hilltown once again gets the biggest tie of the round, something needs done about this undoubted favourtism towards the Clonduff club.

amallon

Disclaimer: I am responsible for MY comments only.  I don't own this site.

down6061689194

Quote from: mournerambler on August 23, 2009, 12:09:07 PM
Quote from: Mid Down Gael on August 23, 2009, 12:01:32 PM

f**king joke that Hilltown once again gets the biggest tie of the round, something needs done about this undoubted favourtism towards the Clonduff club.

It's probably the best ground to pick from a Board perspective because its got parking, a decent capacity, and theres less stewarding costs than at Newry.

mournerambler

Sorry Down6061689194 but I'd disagree with your reasoning for the persistent use of Clonduff, have you ever tried getting past Clonduff pitch when a big game is taking place?