Prediction league,

Miss Mess
Please re enter your selections.

Mourne Rover
Aghaderg v St Pauls ??

Square Ball
Bright v Dromara ??

T O'Hare

You could put £10 on your 4 selectons in Senior and get a handy £225 returns!!!!

My prediction are in hope more than anything.. I could not put Burren down to win :D :D ;)

frig it, have a punt on them ohare, you've got little to lose and much to gain, i wud near do it myself..

amallon

Disclaimer: I am responsible for MY comments only.  I don't own this site.

T O Hare

Quote from: T O Hare on August 21, 2009, 02:20:42 AM
Quote from: umpire on August 20, 2009, 05:07:58 PM
Prediction league,

Miss Mess

Mourne Rover
Aghaderg v St Pauls ??

Square Ball
Bright v Dromara ??

T O'Hare

You could put £10 on your 4 selectons in Senior and get a handy £225 returns!!!!

My prediction are in hope more than anything.. I could not put Burren down to win :D :D ;)

I will do the bet later in town and if i win 225 i will donate £100 to the cystic fibrosis trust!!!!!!
"2008 Gaaboard Cheltenham fantasy league winner"

bikeflyer30

WhoAreYaWhoAreYa!

What Saval vs Burren score? I heard it was a draw at halftime! ???

John Martin

Just heard that burren won by a point.

Mid Down Gael

Burren should thank Conn Reynolds for their 1-10 to 0-12 win. An absolutly shocking and biased refereeing performance. This man is a disgrace. Saval where far better team but Reynolds awarding handy frees to Burren and a goal which was clearly square ball gave Burren their win. Saval must feel very aggreived.

T O Hare

Quote from: T O Hare on August 21, 2009, 01:09:09 PM
Quote from: T O Hare on August 21, 2009, 02:20:42 AM
Quote from: umpire on August 20, 2009, 05:07:58 PM
Prediction league,

Miss Mess

Mourne Rover
Aghaderg v St Pauls ??

Square Ball
Bright v Dromara ??

T O'Hare

I will do the bet later in town and if i win 225 i will donate £100 to the cystic fibrosis trust!!!!!!

My bets is fecked but was lessened by the score i had on Saval +3.5 at even money!!!!
Saval will be kicking themselves after tonight, they had plenty of chances to win and conceded a slack goal!!!! Burren scored one point from play in the second half, the rest were from frees!!!!! Con Reynolds certainly gave Burren the 50/50 calls, Kevin McKernan will be a big miss for the semi after his tackle on Faloon which was just outside the small square!!!!
But i don't think they will ponder too much on their mistakes tonight as they are the first team to make the semi-final
"2008 Gaaboard Cheltenham fantasy league winner"

Downboy

Agree with you mid Down. Awful display by the ref. Think the only thing he got right was the sending off. Some of the close in frees he awarded for lifting of the ground etc were more than dubious. Saval will feel very aggreived alright.
Good game all the same although most of the better displays came from the defenders and midfields

Tomorrow is another day

A few observations from tonight's game

1.  As already stated the ref was very poor giving a lot if not all the marginal decisions to Burren and against Saval

2.  The ref did get the sending off correct. McKernan cynically rugby tackled the Saval player just outside the box when there was a chance of 2 on 1 for Saval.  But the tackle did probably save Burren from defeat.

3.  It was a good high intensity game with great tackling.

4.  There were about 1,500 people at the game. Minus the kids who did not pay in there were about 1,000 paying attendees. However there was absolutely no ticket system in place and therefore no way of validating the gate proceeds for the county board. What is to stop misappropriation of county funds here?? There must be a better more transparent way. Whenever cash is involved systems must be in place to ensure there is complete transparency.

western exile

Quote from: Mid Down Gael on August 21, 2009, 09:00:08 PM
Burren should thank Conn Reynolds for their 1-10 to 0-12 win. An absolutly shocking and biased refereeing performance. This man is a disgrace. Saval where far better team but Reynolds awarding handy frees to Burren and a goal which was clearly square ball gave Burren their win. Saval must feel very aggreived.
I agree.  Only one point in it at the end, but more than one free points handed to Burren by the referee from incorrect decisions. 
Also, McKernan rugby tackle did save the day for Burren as it looked like a certain goal scoring opportunity. I doubt that Saval will see the red card as just punishment, no doubt they would have preferred the goal.  But those are the breaks...   
Saval were the better team and must feel very aggrieved indeed.
The ground was very heavy for the time of year, and with the smaller field, it made it a defenders game.  And there was some good tenacious defending.  And Dan McCartan did a good marking job on Danny Hughes.

Another, related issue.  There were to be at least 3 minutes of additional time to be played. But the red card incident took up the last of those minutes and the ref did not play another minute, thus denying Saval a last chance of equalising

western exile

Quote from: too long ref on August 20, 2009, 05:49:52 PM
Quote from: niveaformen on August 20, 2009, 01:22:11 PM
Quote from: too long ref on August 20, 2009, 12:57:42 PM
Quote from: too long ref on August 20, 2009, 02:12:58 AM
I see and hear jamie o'reilly has signed a 3 year contract with the richmond tigers.  congratulations to him and good luck.  Big miss for loughinisland and down, a great talent.

well it was on the richmond tigers website last night.  RICHMOND TIGERS HAVE SIGNED THERE FIRST IRISH NFL PLAYER, AND A QUOTE FROM JAMIE SAYING ''IM REALLY LOOKING FORWARD TO IT AND HE WILL JOI UP WITH THE TEAM FOR THE 09/10 SEASON''.  thats what was the headlines anyway.

Nah thats lies, he hasnt put pen to paper

http://209.85.229.132/search?q=cache:WKGWGia8vxoJ:www.richmondfc.com.au/news/newsarticle/tabid/6301/newsid/82750/default.aspx+jamie+o%27reilly+richmond+tigers&cd=1&hl=en&ct=clnk
I read that article and I had to laugh at a quote from Jamie.  You can see were the Aussie interviewer didn't quite understand his accent and misquoted him saying "Ulster"   ;D

"Francis Jackson was over with the [player manager] Ricky Nixon [and his recruiting] group in Ireland looking at some Irish players. They happened to be attending the All-Star under-21 final in March time, between us and Armagh," he explained.

supersub

Anyone have the teams for the two teams tonight?

amallon

Disclaimer: I am responsible for MY comments only.  I don't own this site.

5 Sams

As a neural tonight I thought the ref did Saval no favours. I think he was the difference in Saval winning and losing.

Talking to a few Burren lads after the game and they admitted they got out of jail.

McKernan will be a big loss for them in the semi. He won the game for them with that tackle even though he will miss the semi.

Big bridge crew there tonight...I dont think they will lose any sleep tonight.
The Aristocrat Years