Started by Lecale2, November 10, 2006, 12:06:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

dundrumite

Quote from: bridgegael on January 25, 2009, 03:02:50 PM
Quote from: dundrumite on January 25, 2009, 12:41:43 PM
Quote from: bridgegael on January 24, 2009, 04:45:37 PM
Quote from: dundrumite on January 24, 2009, 10:15:23 AM
Quote from: bridgegael on January 23, 2009, 06:17:53 PM
Down peaked far to early this year!!!!!!

Bit of a rash statemen after a mere four games. Theres a lot of football to be played yet. last year a lot of yous got excited after winning the Mc Kenna cup which led to the Pulp Fiction line not to be sucking each others c@@ks just yet and it proved accuracte enough. At the same time after a couple of poor performances I wouldn't go kicking each other n the bo@@@cks just yet either.
Who is proving what NF?

:D can't believe someone thought i was serious.  it was meant to be a joke :D

Obviously our senses of humour differ  ;) Well at least leave some sort of indication it was a joke, as it just came accross as a stuiped post 

well i didn't think it was needed to leave an indication that it was a joke,  peaking in the second week of january,  think about it man.

Nothing personal but with some of the idiotic comments on this discussion board anything is possible :o

DaddyLongLegs

Castlewellan beat Loughinisland

Square Ball

Its strange the way the u20 finals went, all 4 of the teams in the finals were from the same group. Last years winners Bryansford diddnt even make the B.
Hospitals are not equipped to treat stupid

Open yer eyes Man

I see on the Down website that Michael Walsh has opened up his own physio business in Warrenpoint - hope it goes well for him.  Good to see him doing well off the field, since he can't seem to get on it wearing the red and black.

http://www.downgaa.net/

Some brutal photos of Paul Murphy and Kevin Bell both wearing togs and supposedly getting treated.   ;)

Other prominent Down sports people are included in the photos but you would think whoever put the report together would know who Máirín Mc Aleenan was - she is definately not Marianne Mc Aleenan as reported in the article.  Very poor indeed.

T O Hare

"2008 Gaaboard Cheltenham fantasy league winner"

lfdown2

Quote from: DaddyLongLegs on January 25, 2009, 07:14:26 PM
Was at the ED U20 final today in Saul which was very well attended. Good competitive game which Kilcoo lost by a point. St Marys (Liatroim/Dromara) were lucky to come away with their win, living off a few notable displays from their older players. Kilcoo were by far the better team on the day and were denied a victory by some dubious refereing decisions. But fair dues to St Marys, they have won the ED U20s - cant see them having ANY hope at all against Burren who have been waiting for them now for 5 weeks.

:D :D :D

ah well, sure at least ye's beat st marys twice the year, just not in the one that counted!! ;)

Fíor Gael

That is the wildest looking photo I've ever seen trying to promote a new buisness. Come on down for a rub and a tug.

An Cloch Scoilte

Was at the ED U20 final today in Saul which was very well attended. Good competitive game which Kilcoo lost by a point. St Marys (Liatroim/Dromara) were lucky to come away with their win, living off a few notable displays from their older players. Kilcoo were by far the better team on the day and were denied a victory by some dubious refereing decisions. But fair dues to St Marys, they have won the ED U20s - cant see them having ANY hope at all against Burren who have been waiting for them now for 5 weeks.

I couldn't disagree more.

I too was at the same game yesterday. St Mary's were the far more physically stronger side and that showed in there performance. The game was 7-5 in favour of St Marys at half time and should have been more only for a crossbar and a bit of wayward shooting. The tackling of the St Marys boys was nothing short of brilliant, and in Daniel McCann at full back, they had an answer to Paul Devlin, who was also excellent.
At the start of the second half Kilcoo came back with 2 points to level the game, and it was game on at this stage, but a 15 minute spell in the second half were St Marys dominated all sectors of the pitch won the game for them. Colm Kelly and Miceal McCartan were fantastic at Midfield and young Ciaran Doyle never stopped running and supporting his team-mates. Kilcoo as expected mounted the come back they always would, and a  few??? dodgy referring decisions almost handed it to them. But St Marys held out, and as they say, the score board never lies!!!

So we'll see come next Sunday against Burren exactly how far they are away, and if they have ANY chance!!! ;)

5 Sams

Quote from: hardstation on January 26, 2009, 01:00:22 AM

:D

That's one of the funniest photos I've ever seen.

looks like Kevin Bell is about to give birth :o
The Aristocrat Years

Mid Down Gael

Quote from: An Cloch Scoilte on January 26, 2009, 10:09:03 AM

I couldn't disagree more.

I too was at the same game yesterday. St Mary's were the far more physically stronger side and that showed in there performance. The game was 7-5 in favour of St Marys at half time and should have been more only for a crossbar and a bit of wayward shooting. The tackling of the St Marys boys was nothing short of brilliant, and in Daniel McCann at full back, they had an answer to Paul Devlin, who was also excellent.
At the start of the second half Kilcoo came back with 2 points to level the game, and it was game on at this stage, but a 15 minute spell in the second half were St Marys dominated all sectors of the pitch won the game for them. Colm Kelly and Miceal McCartan were fantastic at Midfield and young Ciaran Doyle never stopped running and supporting his team-mates. Kilcoo as expected mounted the come back they always would, and a  few??? dodgy referring decisions almost handed it to them. But St Marys held out, and as they say, the score board never lies!!!

So we'll see come next Sunday against Burren exactly how far they are away,

I agree with you that Colm Kelly and Miceal McCartan where outstanding for the two clubs that defeated one that incidently had ten players under 18. Kilcoo where poor on the day and the amalgumated team just about scraped through. Paul Devlin fantastic? what game where you at? He was simply not at the races. fair play to St.Marys, but you have to remember Kilcoo have only 3 players overage next year. they are basically a minor team, who on the day played poorly and stil only lost by a point.

Brick Tamlin

anyone at the Down V Meath Challenge match yesterday in Newry.

eyeswideopen

Does anyone know if there were any of the Down U21 management team in attendence at the EDu20 A final yesterday?
And if so was there any displays which would have caught their attention?

Mid Down Gael

Quote from: eyeswideopen on January 26, 2009, 04:58:44 PM
Does anyone know if there were any of the Down U21 management team in attendence at the EDu20 A final yesterday?

No the county under 21 management where yet again absent from what i could see and from other sources at the game. I was at eight games in the competition this year and they where not present. surely this is where potential players can be viewed in competitive circumstances. Daniel McCann and Colm Kelly impressed for St. Marys while Miceal , McCartan was brilliant although he is not availabe due to being in Liverpool studying. Barry Kane proved his worth again for Kilcoo. Minors Ciaran McClean, Miceal Devlin and Kieran Doyle also shined.

Open yer eyes Man

Quote from: hardstation on January 26, 2009, 01:00:22 AM

:D

Think they were busy waiting their turn.   ;)

DaddyLongLegs

Quote from: Mid Down Gael on January 26, 2009, 05:50:48 PM

No the county under 21 management where yet again absent from what i could see and from other sources at the game. I was at eight games in the competition this year and they where not present. surely this is where potential players can be viewed in competitive circumstances. Daniel McCann and Colm Kelly impressed for St. Marys while Miceal , McCartan was brilliant although he is not availabe due to being in Liverpool studying. Barry Kane proved his worth again for Kilcoo. Minors Ciaran McClean, Miceal Devlin and Kieran Doyle also shined.

I think a reality check is needed here. This was an ED U.20 game with maybe 20 of the 30 players still able to play minor in 2009!. And ayway, why would the U.21 selectors be scouting round these games when the squad was selected 2 weeks ago? And how does EDG know whether any of the U.21 mangement team were there or not - did he/she see EVERYONE there? And in any case the U.21s need men amongst men, not men amongst boys!!