Down Club Hurling & Football

Started by Lecale2, November 10, 2006, 12:06:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

T O Hare

is it true shamrocks played a challenge game on sunday in marshes
"2008 Gaaboard Cheltenham fantasy league winner"

Leo

Wouldn't be surprised.
My Shamrocks pal tells me they decide who plays and when and not the county board.
Fierce tame altogether

amallon

The pitch was in really bad nick for the Antrim U21 game.  How many Shamrocks teams use it?  Is it just their seniors?
Disclaimer: I am responsible for MY comments only.  I don't own this site.

5 Sams

Quote from: 5 Sams on March 29, 2008, 07:10:51 PM
Quote from: Down Gael on March 29, 2008, 06:22:29 PM
Its typical of Down. They couldnt organise a piss up in a brewery. Why do we let the same idiots run things year after year when they have proven time and again that they are clearly incompetent.
You have to feel for Limerick players and fans who have made a very long, worthless journey. Surely alternative arrangements could have been made and another venue on standby.

Just wondering Down Gael.....who would these idiots be?
Don't get me wrong I'm not saying you're wrong I'm just wondering who you're having a dig at...

Hence my previous post lads and I still havent got a reply from Down Gael....I dont think you can point the finger at the Co Board on this occasion.
The Aristocrat Years

amallon

U21 Final has been set for Saturday 2pm, Casement.
Disclaimer: I am responsible for MY comments only.  I don't own this site.

No1

What has happened to the Ballyholland lads?

Wobbler doesn't post anymore and 5 Sams has become an inner circle supporter.

The county board must have found a right few skeletons in the cupboard.

;D

5 Sams

Quote from: No1 on April 01, 2008, 03:35:45 PM
  What has happened to the Ballyholland lads?

Wobbler doesn't post anymore and 5 Sams has become an inner circle supporter.

The county board must have found a right few skeletons in the cupboard.

;D

Smarthole ;) Why blame the Co Board when its the tenant's fault for all the shite thats going on in the Marshes
The Aristocrat Years

bridgegael

from hoganstand.

Following a meeting of the Central Competitions Control Committee on Tuesday (April 1st), the GAA have confirmed the following:

The NFL Division 2 game between Armagh V. Dublin has been re-fixed for Sunday, April 13th at 2.30 p.m. in Crossmaglen while the Division 3 Down V. Limerick game will take place in Newry on the same date also at 2.30 p.m.

The CCCC have also confirmed that Round 7 of the NFL, Division 2 and Division 3, have now been rescheduled for Sunday, April 20th.

The finals in Division 1, 2, 3 and 4 will go ahead as scheduled on April 27th unless there is a need for a play-off in Division 2, in accordance with Riail 116 (c) of the Official Guide.

In the event that a play-off is required, it will be played on Sunday April 27th with the Division 2 final then scheduled for the week-end of May 3rd.

will this affect the start of the leagues then??

"2009 Gaaboard Cheltenham fantasy league winner"

Down Gael

Quote from: 5 Sams on April 01, 2008, 10:33:38 AM
Quote from: 5 Sams on March 29, 2008, 07:10:51 PM
Quote from: Down Gael on March 29, 2008, 06:22:29 PM
Its typical of Down. They couldnt organise a piss up in a brewery. Why do we let the same idiots run things year after year when they have proven time and again that they are clearly incompetent.
You have to feel for Limerick players and fans who have made a very long, worthless journey. Surely alternative arrangements could have been made and another venue on standby.

Just wondering Down Gael.....who would these idiots be?
Don't get me wrong I'm not saying you're wrong I'm just wondering who you're having a dig at...

Hence my previous post lads and I still havent got a reply from Down Gael....I dont think you can point the finger at the Co Board on this occasion.

I havent been back on the board since I posted that last comment. At the time of posting I was unaware that Down officials tried to get the game switched to Ballykinlar on Sunday, Limerick werent having it so we no have a midweek fixture and the final round of games have had to be put back for a week.
As far as the county board are concerned, I feel that we should be looking for some new blood. The same faces seem to rotate the positions between them and I will be polite and say things are a bit stale. We need new people, new ideas and a new approach to the GAA in Down. Why were the county board in such a hurry to get rid of Club Down, when Club Down actually managed to pull them out of the s**t. I dont want to name anyone in particular, but certain members  of the CB couldnt wait to get rid of Club Down. Have you tried getting a copy of a financial report? There are other issues that cant really be spoke about in an internet forum, but in my opinion the CB is a shambles.

T O Hare

"2008 Gaaboard Cheltenham fantasy league winner"

No1

Ach 5 Sams, leave the Shams alone sure they're your favourite other club!

Best of luck to De la Salle, Downpatrick in their All Ireland semi final today.

spiritof91and94

Quote from: bridgegael on April 01, 2008, 05:32:28 PM

from hoganstand.

Following a meeting of the Central Competitions Control Committee on Tuesday (April 1st), the GAA have confirmed the following:

The NFL Division 2 game between Armagh V. Dublin has been re-fixed for Sunday, April 13th at 2.30 p.m. in Crossmaglen while the Division 3 Down V. Limerick game will take place in Newry on the same date also at 2.30 p.m.

The CCCC have also confirmed that Round 7 of the NFL, Division 2 and Division 3, have now been rescheduled for Sunday, April 20th.

The finals in Division 1, 2, 3 and 4 will go ahead as scheduled on April 27th unless there is a need for a play-off in Division 2, in accordance with Riail 116 (c) of the Official Guide.

In the event that a play-off is required, it will be played on Sunday April 27th with the Division 2 final then scheduled for the week-end of May 3rd.

will this affect the start of the leagues then??

The first round games are to be *starred games* now and if the Under 21's win the AI Semi is the following weekend causing more problems.

wobbller

wobbller

I'm sure you mean well but we'll be Ok over here on our Board without your help.

Leo

I havent been back on the board since I posted that last comment. At the time of posting I was unaware that Down officials tried to get the game switched to Ballykinlar on Sunday, Limerick werent having it so we no have a midweek fixture and the final round of games have had to be put back for a week.
As far as the county board are concerned, I feel that we should be looking for some new blood. The same faces seem to rotate the positions between them and I will be polite and say things are a bit stale. We need new people, new ideas and a new approach to the GAA in Down. Why were the county board in such a hurry to get rid of Club Down, when Club Down actually managed to pull them out of the s**t. I dont want to name anyone in particular, but certain members  of the CB couldnt wait to get rid of Club Down. Have you tried getting a copy of a financial report? There are other issues that cant really be spoke about in an internet forum, but in my opinion the CB is a shambles.

[/quote]

Heard this myself from a club delegate and bothy of us are baffled by it. Also heard that Club Down were not even informed about recent county dinner let alone get invited. Definitely not wanted despite getting the job done. Sad, especially as county could be doing with somebody like them to manage Park Esler. Every match you see the same disgraceful condition of what should be our pride and joy - dirt and litter everywhere  from previous games -  wife wont use the toilets as there is never any toilet paper or soap and they are filthy, handwash basins filthy (have they ever been cleaned), dirty terraces, paint flaking om doors and walls already, scoreboard not working at recent game, ahhhh .....etc. Usual amateur approach and it will just degenerate to a dump like before.
I think I'll go out for a walk as my head is sore.
Fierce tame altogether