Down Club Hurling & Football

Started by Lecale2, November 10, 2006, 12:06:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

An Duin Abu

Bredagh were not at their best today against Drumgath and were fortunate to end up with a draw. I think these two teams could be there or there about's come the end if they keep up their current form

thewobbler

f**k me fellas, I can't believe the County Board are taking flak for not being able to control mother nature.

Premiership games regularly get called off in winter time because of the weather, despite those pitches getting next to no wear and tear, and despite having a team of professional groundsmen on hand at every ground.

This year, Cheltenham postponed a day of their festival - one of the single most important days in that whole industry's calendar - because of the weather.

These things happen. You can't have a "back up plan" as suggested below, because let's be realistic, if a pitch in one geographical location is a swamp, then all pitches in that locality are going to have swamp like tendencies.

Until the day comes that we have fully-covered GAA stadia, this is occasionally going to happen.

Stop playing the blame game you twits.

In the Onion Bag

Any other Div3 results/reports?

Square Ball

Bredagh Drumgath game was a cracker, it had everything you could think, some fantastic interchanges, quick flowing football,  great score taking, hard tackling and unfortunately a few terrible incidents, but that detracts from the game.

if Bredagh were offered a draw at half time I would have bit your hand off for it, but was still left disappointed at the end when Downey equalised, after clawing back the 8 point deficit
Hospitals are not equipped to treat stupid

passedit

Ardglass 3-6 St Pauls 2-8
Carryduff won handy.

Don't Panic

Maiden1

Carryduff  3-11  1-04  Sabhall Padraig
Glasdrumman  3-12  0-08  Tí Chonnachta
Ardglass  3-06  2-08  Naomh Pól
Glenn  P  P  Droim an Easa
Bredagh  3-07  2-10  Droim Gath
St Michael's  P  P  Misteiligh an Iuir
There are no proofs, only opinions.

Square Ball

A.C.F.L Div3 Series 4
Carryduff 3 11   Saul 1 04
Glasdrumman 3 12 Tecconnaught 0 08
Ardglass 3 06 St Pauls 2 08
Glenn  Drummaness OFF
Bredagh 3 07 Drumgath 2 10
St Micheals  Mitchels OFF

A.C.P R L Div 1 Series 1
Downpatrick 1 04 Liatroim 1 13
An Riocht 1 06  Bryansford 0 14
Kilcoo 0 07 Burren 0 08
Clonduff 1 10 Rostrevor 0 06
Mayobridge 3 08 Castlewellan 2 08
A C P R L Div 2 Series 1
Annaclone 1 10  Ballymartin 0 11
Bredagh 1 11 Kilclief  0 09
Tullylish 0 08 Carryduff 0 09
Loughinisland 2 05 Saval 2 10
Warrenpoint 2 08  Longstone 2 17
Hospitals are not equipped to treat stupid

mournerambler

To let "thewobbler" know i am not having a go at the County Board, but at whoever it was(contractor/consultant?)  said that the underground tank & pumping system would remove the water from the playing surface to leave it playable in all kinds of weather, i think we can see now that this is not the case & may have been a little ambitious. ???

thewobbler

Aye, I saw that Mournerambler. But at the same time I'd be utterly shocked if a pitch contractor could, or would, provide an all-weather guarantee. It wouldn't be in their interests to tell a blatant lie.

Mourne Rover

Brilliant idea from Wobbller about sending Bredagh to Antrim. Carryduff would obviously have to go as well, and St Michael's could switch to Armagh. When they build the bridge at Narrowwater, it would be very handy for the Point to play in Louth.. Pretty soon Wobbller might never have to travel to an away game anywhere.

lecale4

Wobbler - you could also put St Pauls into Antrim (and also the Ards teams - so we wouldn't have a hurling team). Then you Newry teams could all play with yourselves! I see you are a Queen fan ;D

lecale4

Wobbller - if you'd have taken your medicine last year and gone into Div 4 you'd only have had 4 or 5 away games - Annsborough or Killyleagh would have been the furthest run - maybe that would have suited you better. ;)

downredblack

With league games running out for lads to gain some match time is Michael Walsh going to figure this year or not ? Any update on Paul Murphy , is he near over his injury ?

T O Hare

for all the money spent on it, the marshes should be fit to hold game regardless of weather..
teams are nt allowed to train on it, Mayobridge were refused a session on it before the county final whereas cross trained on it before the ulster final!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
"2008 Gaaboard Cheltenham fantasy league winner"

Leo

Quote from: T O Hare on March 31, 2008, 04:25:07 PM
for all the money spent on it, the marshes should be fit to hold game regardless of weather..
teams are nt allowed to train on it, Mayobridge were refused a session on it before the county final whereas cross trained on it before the ulster final!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

After Saturday's cancellation I thought you might like to know that I have just passed the pitch tonight - it is lashing rain and the lights are on for some sort of training session presumably. What a shower (and I dont mean the rain).
Fierce tame altogether