All Ireland Quarter Final Ard Mhacha v Dún na nGall

Started by THE MIGHTY QUINN, August 02, 2014, 10:13:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hardy

muppet

Quote from: Wildweasel74 on August 09, 2014, 05:33:17 PM
McGee been a dirty bollix again

Impossible to like some of those Donegal players.

Hard luck Armagh.
MWWSI 2017

lawnseed

A coward dies a thousand deaths a soldier only dies once

gallsman

Armagh lads being true to form and landing a final box after the whistle. Lucky it was over or he could have got a fair few in return.

CD

My favourite game of the Championship so far. Intense, hard, fast, no easy scores. A very courageous effort from Armagh - Michael Murphy is some animal! What a player.
Who's a bit of a moaning Michael tonight!

Brick Tamlin

Any team that kick their restarts down the throats of players for 50/50 ball is on a hiding to nothing.not only that but slow restarts are a killer too.armagh did well this year and they have plenty to build on.donegal did the usual.they need beaten for the sake of the national game.

Captain Obvious

Very brave effort by Armagh deserved at least a draw from that game. Murphy a true leader few players like him.

J OGorman

Gaago is a pile of utter sh1te. A waste of 15 euro.  A dodgy stream could not have been worse. To insult. .It jumped from 60 mins straight to 70! Stressometer through the roof

Donegal have successfully added the tutu to their repertoire.  Just when you couldn't dislike them enough.

A half decent keeper n armagh were in an all Ireland semi. Great year for them though. 

Jinxy

I'd have liked to see Armagh win only for Grimley behaving like he was outside a chipper at 3am on a Sunday morning.
If you were any use you'd be playing.

lawnseed

Quote from: lawnseed on August 04, 2014, 06:39:43 PM
Armaghs biggest liability is the goalkeeper. He booted away at kickouts to midfield in the monaghan games and against meath even though we were getting cleaned out in that department. The midfielders probably got the blame. He needs to vary his kickouts more and start catching the ball instead of two fisting it away. His shot stopping is ok its what he does with the ball that poor. A simple tap out to a back and then get a quick backpass will enable him to launch a huge kick from his hands way past midfield if he doesnt have the strenght to kick from the ground. Donegal wont mark up on the kickouts knowing they will win midfield easy. If he starts giving the ball away every kickout we'll be flatout defending donegal runners racing through on goal and end up giving frees away or black cards. Someone needs to spot for mcavoy or show for short kicks or we are beat
I said and its exactly what happened.. Come back tierney!! This display shows a serious shortfall in the armagh management.. The failure to spot a serious flaw in your setup and address it during a game

muppet

Quote from: Captain Obvious on August 09, 2014, 05:43:19 PM
Very brave effort by Armagh deserved at least a draw from that game. Murphy a true leader few players like him.

It would have been sweet if Kernan landed that free given what McBearty did.

Murphy was class but I thought Gallagher ran the show for long periods of the 2nd half.
MWWSI 2017

stew

Quote from: gallsman on August 09, 2014, 05:38:55 PM
Armagh lads being true to form and landing a final box after the whistle. Lucky it was over or he could have got a fair few in return.

Gutted again but at the same time proud and optimistic about the future, that said today we gave up a lot of ball through bad decision making pertaining to diagonal balls, why we pass to a team-mate with an opponent draping over them is beyond me, also we gifted them two tap overs because we argued with that idiot in the middle!

Clarke and Dyas were very poor, I thought Grimley should have given Clarke the freedom to roam and if Toner was fit to play for five minutes surely he could have been brought on sooner!

We had no answer for Murphy but once again the Kernans showed their class and Vernon did well at the back even though he gave up a crucial free.

Priority number one now must now be promotion to division 2 followed by a run at Sam next year, we have proven we can hang with Champions and I am as proud of this campaign as an Armagh man can be, we won't be cinderella next season, we are legitimate contenders for Sam and we are Armagh!
Armagh, the one true love of a mans life.

lawnseed

All we had to do was get primary posession and run at donegal. They'd have pulled us down every time and tony and arron kernan would have put us through. Managers too slow to spot problems. But sweet jeezas the fukn goalkeeper beats all. Im gutted because the best team didnt win and I expected more from geezer.. Bye bye grimey but keiran needs to waken up.. I still like mcalinden

stew

Quote from: lawnseed on August 09, 2014, 05:47:26 PM
Quote from: lawnseed on August 04, 2014, 06:39:43 PM
Armaghs biggest liability is the goalkeeper. He booted away at kickouts to midfield in the monaghan games and against meath even though we were getting cleaned out in that department. The midfielders probably got the blame. He needs to vary his kickouts more and start catching the ball instead of two fisting it away. His shot stopping is ok its what he does with the ball that poor. A simple tap out to a back and then get a quick backpass will enable him to launch a huge kick from his hands way past midfield if he doesnt have the strenght to kick from the ground. Donegal wont mark up on the kickouts knowing they will win midfield easy. If he starts giving the ball away every kickout we'll be flatout defending donegal runners racing through on goal and end up giving frees away or black cards. Someone needs to spot for mcavoy or show for short kicks or we are beat
I said and its exactly what happened.. Come back tierney!! This display shows a serious shortfall in the armagh management.. The failure to spot a serious flaw in your setup and address it during a game

In fairness couldnt kick snow off a rope length wise so he had no choice!

We need a keeper that much is obvious and surely we have better in the county, I hope so for our sakes, that punch was brutal but in fairness he got away with it!
Armagh, the one true love of a mans life.

Whitnail

Armagh unlucky today and should have forced a replay at the very least especially at the final kick. On that display we are the weakest team left in the quarter finals .
Having said that we have only faced ulster teams this championship and these games are always scrappy as fcuk.

We have 3 weeks to improve and buy some kicking boots .
It has to be stressed though Armagh were courages and had a chance to close that game out if they'd had the legs.
Obviously,  as the Armagh lads had already predicted before the game ,their kickouts were shocking.