All Ireland Quarter Final Ard Mhacha v Dún na nGall

Started by THE MIGHTY QUINN, August 02, 2014, 10:13:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

muppet

Quote from: Zip Code on August 04, 2014, 12:29:38 PM
On a croke park note, are there lifts to the upper tier or can you only access it via stairs?

Ropes are provided. The ascent is quite strenuous but the abseiling afterwards is class.
MWWSI 2017

naka

BennyCake

Quote from: naka on August 04, 2014, 05:07:58 PM
Any news on mc keever?

She's turned lesbian, and still not funny. Oh, you mean Ciaran? Nah, dunno.

lawnseed

Armaghs biggest liability is the goalkeeper. He booted away at kickouts to midfield in the monaghan games and against meath even though we were getting cleaned out in that department. The midfielders probably got the blame. He needs to vary his kickouts more and start catching the ball instead of two fisting it away. His shot stopping is ok its what he does with the ball that poor. A simple tap out to a back and then get a quick backpass will enable him to launch a huge kick from his hands way past midfield if he doesnt have the strenght to kick from the ground. Donegal wont mark up on the kickouts knowing they will win midfield easy. If he starts giving the ball away every kickout we'll be flatout defending donegal runners racing through on goal and end up giving frees away or black cards. Someone needs to spot for mcavoy or show for short kicks or we are beat
A coward dies a thousand deaths a soldier only dies once

Applesisapples

Great performance by Armagh on Saturday, and AK's display poses the question as to why he has not been starting. Even with Ciaran McKeever and Aaron starting this weekend I think Donegal may me a step too far. I'd guess at a close enough game though, fingers crossed.

Main Street

Quote from: Maguire01 on August 03, 2014, 01:30:30 PM
Quote from: J70 on August 03, 2014, 01:12:52 PM
I doubt if too many Donegal people will be taking Armagh lightly. They're there on merit and have looked pretty impressive. Many of our lads played in Crossmaglen in 2010 and should be dying for a crack at Armagh, who we haven't met since. And if there's any complacency, they only need to look back at the Monaghan game last year. Not that I think there will be complacency - Armagh's form should ensure that while we might be marginal favourites, there won't be much of a gap. That, and the historical scars, mean that some of us will be looking forward to this game with no small amount of nervousness and uncertainty, but that was the case before this year's Ulster final too!
Donegal at 1/7, Armagh at 7/2 on PP.
That's close enough for paranoia to reign in Donegal about Donegal's chances of progressing further are being written off by hostile elements (i.e. the rest of Ireland).

SouthDublinBro

Quote from: lawnseed on August 04, 2014, 06:39:43 PM
Armaghs biggest liability is the goalkeeper.

Some things never change. Paul Hearty wasn't much of a keeper. It was like they just took a big lad off the street and threw him in net.

Oraisteach

Ah, sure you're right.  If the GAA had any backbone it'd make him return his All-Ireland medal and his box full of club championship medals and give them away to more deserving players.

SouthDublinBro

Where is Hearty's all star medal, friend? Surely he should have at least one when Armagh won the AI? Or could it be that he was completely unremarkable that year and throughout his championship career?

BennyCake

Quote from: SouthDublinBro on August 04, 2014, 09:04:20 PM
Where is Hearty's all star medal, friend? Surely he should have at least one when Armagh won the AI? Or could it be that he was completely unremarkable that year and throughout his championship career?

Benny Tierney was keeper in 02. But Hearty should have at least got a couple of All stars.

Armaghtothebone

I love it when someone comes in and spouts about something they know nothing about.
Hearty didn't play in 2002.
At a rough guess he has
1 senior all Ireland ( panelist 2002)
4 Ulster senior championship
1 national league
10 Armagh senior championship
5 ulster club championship
3 all Ireland club championship

Broken crossbar could likely give the exact medal haul, but I think its fair to say he has a bucket load of medals.

bennydorano

We need a Yawn icon for unsubtle trolls.  It's the Bro's 2nd wind-up attempt in 5 pages.

Probably O'Neill tho :P In fact we need an O'Neill is at it icon.

Aoise

Lads could ye post this to as many GAA boards, supporters boards as you can?  Have a read of this..

http://www.armaghgaa.net/forum/threads/gaza-garvaghy-armagh-croke-park.3655/

Lets fill it with them on Saturday, for two reasons...1 - In solidarity with the people being slaughtered in Gaza (obviously) 2 - To show that cretin Rupert Murdoch that he doesn't control the Irish people, especially in Croke Park.
There are 4 teams this Saturday, please get this to as many Armagh, Monaghan, Dublin and Donegal supporters as you can.  What would they do if thousands of people showed up with one?  Never mind the spectacle it would be to the rest of the world.  C'mon Irish people awake from the slumber! 
Sorry for interrupting the conversation BTW!  But its important.  :)

BennyCake

Quote from: hardstation on August 04, 2014, 09:10:46 PM
Quote from: BennyCake on August 04, 2014, 09:08:45 PM

Benny Tierney was keeper in 02. But Hearty should have at least got a couple of All stars.
You reckon??

It's definitely true. And yes, Hearty should have got a couple of All stars.